Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Lol at Santino being there.

I'm kinda baffled with some of member choices. Evan Bourne is injured so it's understandable he's not on the team, and I can tolerate R-Truth, but Santino? Either Daniel Bryan or Ted DiBiase Jr should have been on that spot, especially Bryan because he needs it more and he's the United States Champion after all! Not sure who will fill the last spot though. I don't think it will be Cena, there's no way WWE will put him in the position below The Miz, at least for now. So i hope Ted or Bryan will fill that spot (though i'd personally prefer Ted to get in).

Team Smackdown already have the upper hand, IMO, their roster is slightly better. Edge, Jack Swagger, Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Kaval, Dolph Ziggler, MVP, etc, any combination out of these guys are full of win. Though i can see Dudebusters will get added to the team somehow, which i think will be great because it will give them good rub.

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
I'm satisfied with the top 3 and absolutely satisfied with The Miz being the leader. I'm not in any way impressed with Morrison, R-Truth and Santino being there, but I guess SmackDown! will compensate the crap factor of them being on the team with Kaval/Chavo, Mcintyre and Rhodes. Hopefully they get a strong upper base with ADR, Rey (I know, doubtful those 2 will be on a team) and Edge.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Pyro™;8940742 said:
I'm satisfied with the top 3 and absolutely satisfied with The Miz being the leader. I'm not in any way impressed with Morrison, R-Truth and Santino being there, but I guess SmackDown! will compensate the crap factor of them being on the team with Kaval/Chavo, Mcintyre and Rhodes. Hopefully they get a strong upper base with ADR, Rey (I know, doubtful those 2 will be on a team) and Edge.
Me either. Zack Ryder could have had his time to shine not to mention Daniel Bryan. But Santino the Cobra Jobber?? REALLY??

So HELL NO!!!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
You realize there's a bunch of matches besides the Bragging Rights match? It's not like they can just throw in all the big names. DiBiase and Goldust will probably have a match. Rey/Del Rio will have the rubber match. Possibly Edge/Swagger.

I think Bryan and Ziggler are going to do another IC vs. US Championship match.

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
I can understand Bryan not being on the team because they need to do the Raw/SmackDown! midcard title match with Bryan and Ziggler, although Bryan would've been a great fit for team Raw under any other circumstance and probably would've made it.

I couldn't care less about Ryder. He's as much of a joke as Santino is. Kinda sucks that Jericho is gone, team Raw'd look even better with him, especially since he won last year's match.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
As satisfied as could be. Just based on who's available, how they want to structure the teams, and the fact that they're using 7 guys, that's the best they could do. Bourne would have prob been on the team had he not been hurt, and the last slot will most likely be Henry, so who's left?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Disclaimer: I appreciate good mic work and charisma as much as the average fan, but I'm a wrestling guy all the way. I care much more about how a match looks as it's happening rather than the build-up, so the following opinion will be based on that slant.

Pending that final member, I'm not sold on Raw's team, and I'm not sure I will be. R-Truth is pretty awful in the ring, and I've yet to be impressed with any of Miz's ring work. Punk is a huge plus as one of (if not the) best workers in WWE right now. Morrison has stepped up his spots a great deal lately (that Tyson Kidd flip was impressive, although few opponents will be able to pull it off), so that'll help the match. But throw in Santino (a man stuck with a gimmick that moots any skills he might have as a worker) and Sheamus (really only a brawler), and that leaves CM Punk as the only guy on the team that can actually wrestle.

As the OP said - just looking at Smackdown's roster, barring some crazy surprises, Smackdown will almost certainly have a better team, at least as far as in-ring talent goes.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You realize there's a bunch of matches besides the Bragging Rights match? It's not like they can just throw in all the big names. DiBiase and Goldust will probably have a match. Rey/Del Rio will have the rubber match. Possibly Edge/Swagger.

I think Bryan and Ziggler are going to do another IC vs. US Championship match.
Rey/Del Rio finished their feud on last Smackdown i think. And i doubt DiBiase will face Goldust, i mean, they have just feuded for two weeks, with such little build up i think it will be pointless to add this match to the card. Edge vs Swagger i can see happening, though it won't make sense because based on Edge/Miz segment on Raw last week Edge was supposed to take part in Smackdown Vs Raw match right?

Well, it seems Bryan vs Ziggler is gonna be the plan now, but if this match was going to take place since the beginning then why put Bryan in qualifying match? That just doesn't make sense.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
no fucking clue why Santino is there
let him keep doing his stupid comedy shit with the other jobbers , but don't put him in a major storyline plz
all the others are pretty expected

Hopefully they find a way to get Dragon in there

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I like the comedy that Santino might bring... but I would also have preferred Ryder get over... I think his time will come later... Now it is time to "Show the Cobra"

·
Registered
406 Posts
The team makes the most sense given the current booking plans.

Bryan will likely be going against Ziggler, DiBiase's feuding with Goldust, no one cares about the Usos, Smith and Kidd might be breaking up, and Nexus is its own entity.

Santino's the most over guy left in that regard, and I'm certain he's only there because Bourne's injured. Barring Ezeikel Jackson making his return, Mark Henry rounds out the team.

Edge, Show, Swagger, Kofi, McIntyre, and Rhodes are likely for Smackdown, with the last spot as a toss-up between MVP and Kaval.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts