Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that since Triple H has taken over (Kayfabe of course), WWE has sort of shifted gears somewhat on their direction. We're seeing slightly more attention to midcard titles and the tag team division is currently being worked on (signing new tag teams, creating new ones with currently signed wrestlers) and the storylines overall seem to be getting better.

Is the company perfect? No, of course not. It never will be perfect, but I think most will agree that the past few months have been an overall improvement.

So are you on board with where WWE seems to be going? Do you think Triple H will continue to make more changes like this once he ACTUALLY takes over?

Thoughts?

·
Banned
529 Posts
It seems that since Triple H has taken over (Kayfabe of course), WWE has sort of shifted gears somewhat on their direction. We're seeing slightly more attention to midcard titles and the tag team division is currently being worked on (signing new tag teams, creating new ones with currently signed wrestlers) and the storylines overall seem to be getting better.

Is the company perfect? No, of course not. It never will be perfect, but I think most will agree that the past few months have been an overall improvement.

So are you on board with where WWE seems to be going? Do you think Triple H will continue to make more changes like this once he ACTUALLY takes over?

Thoughts?
More attn to midcard titles? Other than NOC, has Cody even defended the I-C belt?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More attn to midcard titles? Other than NOC, has Cody even defended the I-C belt?
I'm not saying the difference is night and day. but come on, the IC champion a win over Randy Orton, WHILE he had the world heavyweight championship, in a main event match if i remember correctly. And Dolph Ziggler has been getting more air time and had a pretty nicely built up match on raw this week, one that involved Hugh jackman who is a pretty big star.

Again, im not saying the midcard division is "fixed" or where it needs to be, but you gotta admit its been better as of late.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree that they have been making progress, i look back to early 2010 and see where they are at now and i am pretty pleased. They have begun to give the lower card guys more credibility, the titles... not as much but better then it has been. They just need to stay strong with the direction and don't start to propel backwards again. Most stuff outside of Cena/Del Rio right now i enjoy for the most part. Punk and HHH was allowed to die down before their match ever took place but the edge they added back into Punk's character was perfect timing. I am for the first time in a long time interested to see where the WWE is headed in the months to come.

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
Absolutely, I love this direction.

People just need to adjust and learn to be patient like the "good old days" when storylines where spread out over long durations which we seem to be reverting back to.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
I like the new direction, other than CM Punk I want to see some more top faces rather than just two, At the moment on Raw its just Cena nd CM Punk, I would like too see at least two more, and maybe even John Cena taken down a peg after Wrestlemania

·
Asuka
96,471 Posts
Well, WWE is a HELL of a lot better now than it was in the first quarter of the year, so....yeah, I guess so, even though the focus on the midcard titles and all that shit isn't why I like it more.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe even John Cena taken down a peg after Wrestlemania
so would I. not because I hate John Cena, but its just that he has done it all. If he really loves being a superstar that much, he will pass on wwe titles because he doesnt need them anymore. he needs to start building up new guys to take his place. He can still be a big player without have the title all the time or even being in the title picture.

·
Dragon Slayer
6,625 Posts
There is no new direction. Its still Cena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Hes still champion for another boring reign. Thats all WWE is. Everything else is smoke and mirrors to keep people watching in hopes that something entertaining will happen.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It's a transition towards the so called "Reality Era". If you go back, the transition between "Austin 3:16" and WM 14 pretty much blew chunks and the ratings proved it. This is a transition period where, yeah, some of the stuff will end up slow and/or tedious. But it will be for the better and we'll laugh a year or two from now.

Compare last year to this year and you can tell the content of the product has changed.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
There is no new direction. Its still Cena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Hes still champion for another boring reign. Thats all WWE is. Everything else is smoke and mirrors to keep people watching in hopes that something entertaining will happen.
This.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
What new direction?. For something "new" it seems remarkably like the old direction.

HHH "kayfabe" taking over means absolutely f all. The same man is running the company, the same booking staff are running the company, the same road agents are running the company and the same upper echelon of people are running the company. HHH taking over on TV has resulted in approximately no real changes. Jim Ross is back to be buried and not used on PPV's in favour of Michael Cole, King and Booker. The tag division comprises of make shift teams consisting of 2 midcarders who are out of the loop. The women's division features shit workers and imbeciles and the storyline are incoherent and usually make fuck all sense. That's not change, that's the continuation of everything they were already doing, with a different guy as the on TV figurehead. The last few months have not been an improvement, you had 2/3 weeks of decent writing, followed by months of Raw featuring one of the most convoluted storylines in recent memory (Punk vs HHH vs Nash) People often seem to regard the Punk Cena storyline as some kind of watershed moment. It wasn't. It was good for all of 3 weeks, that was it. Everything since then has been almost identical to what they were doing previously. I see no general improvement in WWE whatsoever, which for me isn't particularly a problem as I enjoyed what they were doing before.

·
Registered
287 Posts
There's definitely been a substantial improvement in the product and I, for one, am really enjoying it. The changes, whilst gradual are most certainly there and anyone denying that is just a typical, impossible to please, IWC douche-bag.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I like it. I'm not sure where it's going to be in six months to a year, whether it'll be much more awesome, or just back to what it was, but at the moment I'm enjoying it.

Bored not Board.... Just Sayin
No, it's board. You don't get "on bored" with anything. Just Saying.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Well, WWE is a HELL of a lot better now than it was in the first quarter of the year, so....yeah, I guess so, even though the focus on the midcard titles and all that shit isn't why I like it more.
This.

WWE isn't any different. It's still the main titles and then fuck all else afterwards. This whole angle all started around Cena and his title, and no doubt it'll end up the same after this next PPV or so.

Last summer was the same. Nexus angle, looked like it could be the best thing in a long, long time. Then it all fizzled to a disappointing end, no big star came out of it. Let's just hope the Punk, ADR, Miz and Truth all come out of this one looking like fresh, credible new main eventers. Because THEN is when we can say the WWE has gone in a new direction.

·
Banned
156 Posts
No because it'll go right back to the status quo. Cena on top of the ladder looking down on everyone else.

Vince still sees Cena as his go to guy when ratings drop.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
regarding the tag team divison : they just add kofi and bourne (awesome truth are already in a bigger angle). but it's agood thing.

Ziggler is a good us champ and he has a storyline so, yes, improvement.

The cena/del rio feud even adding cm punk at HiaC is same old shit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts