Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people said that the nexus shouldve been done away with a long time ago. but since wade barrett has come to smackdown and made the corre (which is basically the nexus just repackaged)the whole angle seems to be getting a second wind (or 5th wind) what with them getting Ezekiel Jackson and *Spoiler* micheal taver since he was in the office when teddy long got beat down its pretty much a lock hes gonna be in the Corre. so what do you guys think of it so far?

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Yeah Corre will be great. New Nexus on the other hand.. not so much. Atleast they got Mason Ryan now, but that's about it. I really like Barrett's new approach too, that they are all equals.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I wouldn't say it's a lock for Tarver being in the Corre, but I sure hope so.
I sure as hell am liking this, Smackdown has always been my favourite brand and it's nice to see a storyline rising which effects the whole brand, not just a storyline for a title. I hope this ends up sort of like Evolution, with Barrett winning the WHC, Ezekiel with the IC and Gabriel/Slater with the tag titles. I hope they don't screw this up, but being on Smackdown is definently an advantage because the creative seems to keep up with it's stuff more. The only problem is the lack of babyfaces on Smackdown, you only really have Edge, Kofi, Mysterio & Masters. Maybe thrown Barretta in there, but yeah.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
should be good. barrett said that corre was going to be not just about one person, like the nexus was, but about all of the members of the group and i'm interested in seeing what they do to show that that's really what the group is about.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
should be good. barrett said that corre was going to be not just about one person, like the nexus was, but about all of the members of the group and i'm interested in seeing what they do to show that that's really what the group is about.
TBH, This is how Nexus started out basically, until Barrett started chasing the title. But yeah I like them, but I will like everything more if it's eventually revealed to be a plot for Nexus to take over both brands.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hate the name. Hate the entrance music. Love everything else. I hope they don't add too many more members, otherwise they won't get the ringtime that they deserve.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The video package of The Corre destroying Big Show at the beginning of Smackdown was freaking awesome, all of them totally looked badass, especially Big Zeke, that bodyslam on Big Show looked impressive.

I like the group, i'm a big fan of the three members (Barrett, Gabriel, and Zeke) so i'm excited to see what WWE plans for this group. Slater is alright, i guess. It seems WWE are trying to apply "all members are equal" concept (which is what Nexus was originally intended to be) into this group, i guess WWE are trying to put all the members over as stars, not only Barrett, and i think it is a good idea, all four guys have tons of potential to break through (well, Barrett already does, sorta). Big Zeke's and Gabriel's mic skills need some work though, Slater and Barrett seem to be the only members who sound comfortable on the mic, but i'm sure they will improve in time once they get used to speaking more often.

I gotta chuckle when Barrett said that when it comes to The Corre, there is no leader, it's about equals. I just can't take his words seriously considering what he has done last year, slowly taking over the Nexus in the process and made all the members his bitches, hopefully it won't happen to The Corre this time. Anyways, i'm looking forward to their run.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I like The Zeke, but Slater and Gabriel are just too boring.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
I like The Zeke, but Slater and Gabriel are just too boring.
I disagree. I think Slater is entertaining on the mic, and Gabriel is great and fun to watch in the ring, especially his finisher. He isn't bad on the mic either, he was better than zeke anyway at least.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
Not really a fan of them. I enjoy Gabriel's matches and Barrett is a talented mic worker and can put on decent matches, but I really dislike Heath Slater. And I don't know why is Zeke in the group, he doesn't really fit in there. Ezekiel has really no place in the WWE, he's being tossed around with no actual point. He's also too short for his body type and looks really weird.

·
A street value of over 31 million
2,127 Posts
Yep, much better than Nexus. I can no longer take Nexus seriously now that Barrett isn't in it.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
I'm unimpressed. He didn't dominate Raw. That is an exaggeration.

The Nexus got taken out by 1 guy, John Cena. Then Barret was chased off the show by Punk. That is what happened. I hate when heels straight up lie. It makes me not want to pay any attention to whatever else he was gonna bullshit. ugh

His angle going here is that its not about Barret but everyone. Same premise as the original Nexus? Basically he had nothing else to say and its just rubbish nonsense like every promo these days.

·
Registered
10,067 Posts
WWE obviously saw the 3 from Nexux as the real stars and decided to give them more screen and mic time - only way to really do that is on Smackdown. With the addition of Zeke and hopefully Traver this group looks strong. I like em; except for the name - looks/sounds like

The Corrs (music band)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts