Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
No, its just that most of Reign's fans are women and children. It's the same thing with the "Let's Go Cena" "Cena Sucks" chants. Women and kids chant for Cena and guys chant against him.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
We would need to conduct an experiment. Let's assume that wrestling is better without women and children fans. If we eliminate every woman and child from the audience, would that cause the product to shift considerably towards featuring better quality wrestling? Or would it just be less PG? There are many theories floating around.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
We would need to conduct an experiment. Let's assume that wrestling is better without women and children fans. If we eliminate every woman and child from the audience, would that cause the product to shift considerably towards featuring better quality wrestling? Or would it just be less PG? There are many theories floating around.
Theoretically speaking, there might be a short term improvement in some ways. But in the big picture, the E would take a notable hit in the cash register and appeal at every level. Shows, merchandise, the Network, PPV's, general publicity, and ratings. Which eventually would lead to layoffs and an even less diversely aimed product. Which basically adds up to going down a one way rabbit hole.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,109 Posts
I thought this was already known...?

(Kidding. Kind of..)

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
The funny thing is I see people trying to turn this into a men vs women conversation or some shit, but that's not the problem.

The problem is you will see men, women, kids, and people of all ages, races, creeds, and backgrounds cheering Bryan.

Majority (not all, but most) of Reigns's fans are audibly female...meaning that they're more than likely sexually attracted to him, but what the biggest issue is that he's not drawing across the board or enough for there for you to not be able to distinguish the genders or ages.

Which is not what you want in a top guy. You want EVERYONE to like them if they're a face or EVERYONE to hate them if they're a heel.

I mean, listen to any other face pop, even the lower card guys, very rarely can you so clearly hear that one gender or another likes them...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Women and Kids are no worse than the marky mark Male adult fans.

60,006 Posts
Honestly, I dont think anyone said women and children were inferior fans. They just dont have the bass in their voices to be heard as well as their male counterparts. Well that, and the pro Bryan men def outnumbered/out-cheered the pro reigns women and children . Obviously, this isnt an absolute, either. There were men who cheered Reigns and Bryan got women and kids too. I expect a very well engaged crowd for the match at Fastlane.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
That chant was hilarious :lmao

Okay let's be honest, children don't know shit about wrestling. The only moves they could name are the finishing moves of the top guys like the Attitude Adjustment, Superman punch, RKO, Curb stomp etc.

They don't know what a good wrestling match is, but that's okay because they are just kids who enjoy these (in their eyes) supermen/heroes battling it out.

Now onto the ladies, this doesn't apply to all female fans, but a majority of them fall into the category of just cheering the top guys or whoever is good looking.

So I guess I'm better than fans like that. ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Better =/= more knowledgable about wrestling.

Better =/= knows it is scripted.

Better =/= throws more money in Vince's bank account.

Better =/= watched if for longer.

There is no way to define a better fan. Better is subjective.

But I bet those overweight neckbeard basement dwelling middle aged virgin wrestling nerds who live to cry about everything WWE does and post about it on the inetrnet and think they know better, believe that they are the superior fan.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If Better fans = paying fans, then i'm not one.

Maybe one day if the network is available in my province I might be a better fan.

15 000 smarks could be cheering the heels, it wouldn't matter for the WWE. So in fact, kids are true and better fans because their convince their parentsbuy tickets, and some of them still believe in that shit, that's why alot of babyfaces are still cheered. Smarks only respect talent and the majority happens to be men or angry dads that just were forced to pay tickets because the wife convinced them their kid would appreciate.

Hundreds of bucks for tickets + Cena merchandise for the youngster, no wonder they chant CENA SUCKS, its the only logical thing you can do after that... :)

I'm a smark and I live well with this knowing the WWE will not care for my opinion unless I give them my money. It don't stop me from coming here and voicing my opinion.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Considering it's the predominantly the hardcore fans that buy the network and the product was at its height in two eras on the back of the same demo... then yeah, if better means more willing to actually show up and create an atmosphere and possible boom period.

That's not saying woman or children can't be hardcore marks, I mean, many of us started out as kid hardcore marks let alone male/female. However, right now the kids and women the WWE is trying to attract are not the kind of a fan you can actually build a long term company around. The kids grow up and out of superhero/white meat babyfaces and leave... the casual man or woman find something else after the novelty wears off... the hardcore fans stick around for a long time before getting fed up.

But instead, the idiot in charge wants the unreliable casual market in some insane attempt to feel... approval, love, whatever he is trying to find that he has been missing his whole life. It's becoming increasingly clear Vince is trying to find some acceptance with a certain type of person and he is desperate now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts