Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it just me, or are you sick of the smark and idiot fans in the audience ruining the show (especially Raw) with their chants and general ignorance? One example is ruining Lesnar's return on Raw with Lesnar chants.

·
Premium Member
19,305 Posts
No, it's nice to hear the crowd chanting different things and actually getting into the show. A quiet and dull crowd hurts the overall entertainment value of events, in my opinion.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's nice to hear the crowd chanting different things and actually getting into the show. A quiet and dull crowd hurts the overall entertainment value of events, in my opinion.
I'm not talking about the crowd noise or crowd involvement.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
While I do agree about the ruining of Lesners return its still nice to have them around, I'd take them over the silent boring crowds anyday, no matter what they chant :p

·
Banned
914 Posts
There are actually non-smark crowds who are loud.

I'd take them over people who chant spoilers for fun. They're such a bunch of killjoy pricks that you really want to kill for real.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I don't mind random(ish) chants, but I get annoyed at crowds that chant the same stupid thing throughout shows (like the "Yes" chant, "What?" and the "We want Ryder" chants that killed shows for a while there.

There's nothing wrong with chanting/cheering for people you like, but once it detracts from other things happening during a show, it stops being clever and becomes obnoxious. Imagine if entire shows were filled with "Let's go, Cena" chants. At least "mark crowds" don't tend to be obnoxious.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
11,224 Posts
The chants aren't annoying at all.

What annoys me is the fucking ignorance at live shows. People don't seem to remember that there are other paying fans behind them so they stand up and don't sit the fuck down. Usually, one of the event staff will come tell them to sit, but, until then, you get some moron blocking the view.

The worst has to be signs. You get a seat behind some dick with a sign, you wont enjoy the show at all.

·
Banned
914 Posts

What annoys me is the fucking ignorance at live shows. People don't seem to remember that there are other paying fans behind them so they stand up and don't sit the fuck down. Usually, one of the event staff will come tell them to sit, but, until then, you get some moron blocking the view.

The worst has to be signs. You get a seat behind some dick with a sign, you wont enjoy the show at all.
I'm guessing you never grew beyond 5 foot...

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts

I agree, the signs is the worst. I never bring signs because I like to enjoy the show not look at a back of a sign and I am sure people sitting behind me feel the same way.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
What is worse? Annoying fans or dead quiet 'respectful' fans.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is worse? Annoying fans or dead quiet 'respectful' fans.
We've already established it is possible to have a good crowd that aren't a bunch of ignorant smart-asses chanting spoilers and stupid garbage like "we want Ryder". Why do you think a crowd is either loud but annoying or dead silent?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not necessarily, but I do get annoyed when the crowd keeps chanting "what" for no apparent reason...
The "Yes!" chants during segments not involving Bryan get on my nerves somewhat.

I mean, it's like... I get it, you all like Daniel Bryan. Either that or you just find the chant amusing. But I think it's actually a bit rude to not only the fans that care about what's actually happening in the ring, but the wrestlers themselves. I'm sure it would be annoying to have a match, only for the whole crowd to be chanting for someone who isn't even there.

·
Registered
13,956 Posts
I HATE fans who cheer heels. We all get it, wrestling is fake and you can like/appreciate heels - but if you do than you boo and jeer them out of respect - that's the heat they want. If you're booing them - they're happy, it means they're doing their job.

So respect to heels you enjoy watching and boo them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The only fans I'm sick of are the high pitched voices that chant "Let's go sheeena!". Smarks add excitement at least.
Yeah the excitement of ruining Brock's return before it happened and detracting from the excitement of the match by chanting for people who aren't in it. Gotta love that excitement they bring.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts