Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We see so often on here people being accused of being complete marks for there favorite wrestlers. "Wait for the blind Punk marks to respond to this" or "I can't stand the 'YES!' chants. You Bryan marks are idiots" blah blah blah.

So will any of you actually admit to being complete marks for a certain wrestler and defend them wholeheartedly?

For me it's Triple H. I just refuse to believe he's as vindictive and self serving as people are lead to believe. And the notion that he didn't even Love Steph before they married and it's all a sham just to get everything is just absolutely ridiculous to me.

Who's your guy?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Eat the rude
7,685 Posts
I can understand, from a ratings fanatic's point of view, that the Undertaker wasn't a top draw and was never The guy. Then again I do believe, in my own opinion, that he is the greatest of all time. So maybe I am.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I see Shield vs The Wyatt's. They put them on the official poster for a reason..:jordan

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
I don't consider myself to be a blind mark of anybody, but the closest I'll get to one is a blind Cody Rhodes mark. I, however, do not ignore his faults, and point out any if I see them, so I'm not so sure I'm even that close to being a blind mark for him.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I seemingly only ever talk about Daniel Bryan but thats because I'm a big fan of his. That doesnt mean he is immune to critisim. If I dont like something he did or how poorly something is booked, I will say something and have. I don't feel the need to call him GOAT every chamce I get,as MANY of my contempories, but sadly were all tagged as dumb bryan marks because outspoken people always ruins it for the rest

People seriously act like fandumb doesnt exist and its only a "IWC" thing

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I will literally go to the ends of the earth to defend the work of William Regal, but I tend to do it logically, so I don't see it as being too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I'm probably a blind mark for Undertaker. I doubt anyone could ever say anything too good about the guy that I would find annoying and overrating of him, though I generally don't defend his critique. I'd say AJ too but with the small pool of talent in Divas history, I doubt any praise for her could be too much overrating.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I´ve been a BIG Edge mark, with time I realized that 11 world titles are simply too much, but hell I loved when he won them :D: , even though now I can't even remember all his world title victories. The same with HBK, I always wanted him to win over any superstar in the roster.

From the current roster I guess it´s Punk, specially when he´s heel or tweener, when he turns into some kind of Cena 2.0 I don't like him that much.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
I will defend Gail Kim, AJ Styles, Edge, Angle, Jeff Jarrett, (and most of all)Undertaker & Sting with everything I have.

Maybe Jeff Hardy. I don't know why, though.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
We see so often on here people being accused of being complete marks for there favorite wrestlers. "Wait for the blind Punk marks to respond to this" or "I can't stand the 'YES!' chants. You Bryan marks are idiots" blah blah blah.

So will any of you actually admit to being complete marks for a certain wrestler and defend them wholeheartedly?

For me it's Triple H. I just refuse to believe he's as vindictive and self serving as people are lead to believe. And the notion that he didn't even Love Steph before they married and it's all a sham just to get everything is just absolutely ridiculous to me.

Who's your guy?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
My vision is 20/20

Im not blind

·
Registered
799 Posts
I worship Punk and Orton. They can walk on water and turn water into wine. They're in the Top Ten of all time any other answer is wrong. I would kill for them. I will love them till the day I die. Bunch of stupid haters are just jealous of the GOATS.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
I won't admit to being a mark for anyone because, in my experience, there's no difference between a mark and a blind mark. I'll happily admit to being a huge fan of guys like Ryback, Cena and Undertaker. These, probably, are the three who I almost never have much negative to say about and that's mostly because, well, everyone else does it for me. Someone has to be able to defend Ryback and Cena without sounding like a troll on this forum (*cough*cenarulz*cough*cough*).

This may shock you but I'm also a HUGE fan of both CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Most of my posts might not indicate that but I'm usually responding to people who give the guys waaaay too much credit.

I try to be as unbiased as possible, even when viewing the actual program. Just because I may not click with a certain wrestler, doesn't mean they are without value to others. And another thing I hate is that when I say things like "Cesaro isnt main event material" I become a hater. I'm a big fan of him also. I don't need a guy to be a main event level talent for me to like him. I never understood why everyone needs their guys to be in the spotlight all the time. I'm honestly happy with Cesaro putting on **** matches in the mid card for the foreseeable future until something changes my mind.

And I don't just mark for one type of wrestler. With a lot of our Internet wrestling community, if a guy wears kickpads and does much chain wrestles and stunt then he's good. I can like different types of performers for different reasons. Which means that I've actually found little things about almost everyone on the current roster to like. But I digress, I went on a whole rant.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm hard to impress initially, but when I'm hooked, I'm hooked. I'm quite loyal to people who I have placed my fandom toward, so if I'm a mark for someone, I'm a hardcore mark. (But in a good way) There is only two wrestlers I am a "blind mark" for, and will make no bones about it....Triple H and Shawn Michaels.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Probably Ric Flair. When people fail to list him in the top 5 ever I can't understand why with all that he accomplished.

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
Nope. Not a blind mark at all.
I'm one of the biggest Bret Hart fans alive, but I can admit his faults. There wasn't much distinction between Bret Hart & 'The Hitman' & he took far too many things personally. He held grudges for far too long & he was an adulterer.

Whenever I critique a wrestler, whether I like them or not, I look at it as objectively as I can. I look at it with reason & logic & come up with an answer based on my observations.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts