Wrestling Forum banner

Are the WWE PPVs priced too high?

• Hell yea they're priced too high

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Naw they're priced just about right

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Are you kidding? The WWE is practically giving them away!!!!

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I always stream so it doesn't really matter to me

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't ordered a WWE ppv in a long time but I looked up the current PPV price and I was shocked to find out that they're $44.95. Seriously $45? For a random WWE PPV? You've got to be kidding me. I can't imagine how anyone could pay that much for a show that almost never guarantees great matches. I can understand paying that much for the bigger events like Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania of course, but $45 dollars for shit like breaking point, bragging rights, etc.? The WWE really must be smokin. I mean with $45 dollars I can watch 4 different movies, or buy 1 or 2 video games off craigslist, or buy 3 blu rays, I mean the list goes on and on. I think the WWE should lower the price of the PPVs especially since they have so many nowadays.

·
Registered
601 Posts
No, they're not too high. I'm perfectly willing to shell out 50 bucks to watch a glorified Monday Night Raw. I love watching matches with no build up, featuring two superstars I've already seen go at it in some capacity at least three or four times the previous month heading in.

They're so, so worth it.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,166 Posts
I've stopped ordering them completely and I have the money to order them if I really want to. It's just not worth it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
watch them online, shitty quality but you can sometimes get a good one and you can watch from the comfort of you bed if you have a laptop.

I just nap when boring matches come on

·
Premium Member
44,203 Posts
Uh YES!!!

Especially this year where they have done such a poor job of establishing the full card by the day of the PPV. You expect me to pay 50 bucks for something that I don't even know the full card for? Seriously? Also, it doesn't help that the overall creative direction of the company just isn't there and doesn't justify me shelling over that kind of money.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
For the quality of the product the price is way too high. But with that being said I've never contributed a cent to the WWE in my life so I don't really care

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Fuck yeah they're too high!!! Just like the rent, Wrestling Pay Per Views are Too Damn High!

There are also Too Damn Many of Them!

With there being only 3, 4 weeks between events, there's no time for build up.

Up until this week, there were only about 4 matches announced. And this is the week of the PPV!

Both WWE and TNA have too many Pay Per Views, and they're too expensive.

WWE Pay Per Views should 25-30 bucks, and TNA's should be around 20.

They should also cut down on the amount of Pay Per Views to 8 at the most.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Yes they're overpriced , the average person cannot afford to throw away $40-50 a month more just to see wrestling that they can see the results to for free. If they charged like $10 for PPVs they would see sales go up tenfold or more and actually make more money , but they are slightly stupid like that.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
WrestleMania IX cost $19.99 on pay per view in 1993. Based on inflation, WrestleMania XXVII should cost right around $29.99. Instead, it will be $60. The cost of WrestleMania has more than doubled, even accounting for inflation. Combine that with streaming, a crap economy, the proliferation of PPVs on the calendar, and the tendency to only announce a few matches before the event, and you've got plunging buyrates.

The expanded weekly schedule (6 hours of WWE every week) and rather small brand-specific rosters compound the problem by making it all the more likely that you'll see a given match on free TV BEFORE they ask you to pay for it. That's a recipe for disaster.

If you expect people to pay 50% more for Fatal 4 Way than they SHOULD be paying, based on inflation, for WrestleMania, you'd better let buyers know IN ADVANCE exactly what they're getting AND deliver a dynamite product. It's a fairly straightforward formula, and it stuns me that WWE hasn't figured it out yet.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WrestleMania IX cost $19.99 on pay per view in 1993. Based on inflation, WrestleMania XXVII should cost right around $29.99. Instead, it will be $60. The cost of WrestleMania has more than doubled, even accounting for inflation. Combine that with streaming, a crap economy, the proliferation of PPVs on the calendar, and the tendency to only announce a few matches before the event, and you've got plunging buyrates.

The expanded weekly schedule (6 hours of WWE every week) and rather small brand-specific rosters compound the problem by making it all the more likely that you'll see a given match on free TV BEFORE they ask you to pay for it. That's a recipe for disaster.

If you expect people to pay 50% more for Fatal 4 Way than they SHOULD be paying, based on inflation, for WrestleMania, you'd better let buyers know IN ADVANCE exactly what they're getting AND deliver a dynamite product. It's a fairly straightforward formula, and it stuns me that WWE hasn't figured it out yet.
Wow didn't know that about 1993.

Its common knowledge that ppv buys are going down. Im sure alot of it has to do with build up and people just generally not caring about wrestling but im pretty sure one of the main reasons is the price. 25-30 dollars seems about right for a WWE ppv. I mean its pretty insane how in during bad economic times the WWE feels they need to charge MORE for people to buy their ppvs. I get that they're struggling too but i think its hella counter productive. Vince just fears lowering his numbers for any reason I guess.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
Way too too high. And the quality of the product has diminished so much, that I no longer have any friends who are interested in wrestling. With no one to split the cost with, theres no way I'm paying $60. Even if I do convince people to watch it with me, they quickly regret the decision when the card fails to deliver.

Lower the price. Improve the buildups. Step up the execution.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
It costs us about £15 per PPV in England, it's not bad but buying it on DVD would be the exact same price. I think £15=$23 but I'm not entirley certain.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
There's just too many PPV's for people to pay for. If someone buys every single one every year, that's alot of money.

They really should cut them down to, at the most eight a year.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
the quality of the product has diminished so much, that I no longer have any friends who are interested in wrestling. With no one to split the cost with, theres no way I'm paying $60.
Same here. None of my friends watch anymore, which doesn't bother me until the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania roll around. I used to split those events with a bunch of friends, even into my early 20s, but now no one gives a damn because the product has gotten so dreadful, and there's not a chance in hell that I'm shelling out $120 by myself to see those two shows.

·
Canuck
4,763 Posts
WWE has smart logic. Cram a lot of shows close to each other and pump up the price. Good plan smh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts