Wrestling Forum banner

Are wrestling fans ever happy?

2372 40
After Monday's 1000th episode of Raw I came on here expecting to see lots of threads praising WWE for a great episode but the boards are full of people bitching about Punk, Rock, lack of Stone Cold, lack of Ambrose (whoever he is) etc etc.

Honestly? Monday's episode answered requests of the masses on here who have been clamouring for different things yet they still moan.

My question is, will those who moan EVER be happy watching the show or do they have to spend every minute analysing and criticizing the show as if they were paying for show production?
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Those who moan will be happy when the attitude era comes back. If they learned to enjoy the little things in wwe and not criticize everything, things will be enjoyable. DX reunited Awesome, but since chyna wasnt there I guess some people viewed it as bad. The rock, APA, Vader, Slick, Rikishi, Pipper, and many others were at the thousandth episode but no Austin so seeing all those people meant nothing to some since Austin wasn't there. But hey can't please everyone.

· Registered
1,491 Posts
I was happy after WM 28.

I don't know. You have to expect people to be more vocal about what they wish was different than what they enjoyed. Yeah, it's a bit on the negative side, but obviously we all see something in WWE to keep watching like we do. As far as I see it, we put our time and money into the product, so in return, we're entitled to bitch our heads off if we like. If you see a thread that says "Rock Sucks," and you feel the opposite, either go proclaim otherwise, or ignore it if it's upsetting.

Not targeting this at you OP, but I've said it a million times: people bitching about others bitching is far worse than people bitching. One can be annoying, but the other is annoying and hypocritical.

· Banned
19,488 Posts
I don't know about you, but even I, someone who dislikes Austin a LOT, was very fucking disappointed about him not being there.

It ruined the night.
And I don't even like him.

Anyone who considers him the GOAT over Rocky is a fucking retard.

· Premium Member
46,597 Posts
I'm happy whenever I am given something good to be happy about.

I praised Raw 1000 for its ending and the Lesnar/HHH segment.

Rest of the show? It was largely harmless nostalgia stuff. Nothing truly horrible, but nothing I could sink my teeth into either.

· Registered
738 Posts
After Monday's 1000th episode of Raw I came on here expecting to see lots of threads praising WWE for a great episode but the boards are full of people bitching about Punk, Rock, lack of Stone Cold, lack of Ambrose (whoever he is) etc etc.

Honestly? Monday's episode answered requests of the masses on here who have been clamouring for different things yet they still moan.

My question is, will those who moan EVER be happy watching the show or do they have to spend every minute analysing and criticizing the show as if they were paying for show production?
its not only in this forum also in the germans forum, the most dont liked the 1000. episode of raw.
they expected more and they were disappointed..

first that lame crowd

the undertaker return who helps kane to get those midcards out the ring and after that they did not know what to do..

then killing brock lesnar again, let him look weak

dx reunion was also crap

dont know what vince is thinking and those writers, with this pg era..

its only a disappointment to watch wwe today..

· Registered
1,852 Posts
So us wrestling nerds don't have the right to criticise, express our opinions, blast stuff we don't like, mark for stuff we do like etc

There's always one post like this that pops up every week or so that points out the obvious regarding the IWC, when infact the OP probably does the exact above himself/herself.

· Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,551 Posts
Yeah we can be happy but every time we are happy, WWE finds a way to screw it up and make us sad.

· Registered
23,897 Posts
Wrestling fans are never happy with anything, there's always somebody with something to moan about. They did it during the height of the monday night wars, they did it in the 70s/80s and they'll continue to do so.

· Registered
2,660 Posts
I was happy with wrestling 1992-2002 with WWF, WCW and ECW. I've been moderately content with TNA since 2010, moreso in the past 6 month. I'm thoroughly disillusioned with WWE. Its shit from top to bottom. One immediate and glaring WTF moment was JR appearing and immediately selling the wrestlers in the tag match better than Cole's entire recent history, yet he's kept in some backroom development show. Michael Cole is the worst play by play commentator in wrestling history. He is incapable of any insight, everything is in the immediate, calling what can clearly be seen. JR on the other hand, with a personal touch, can sell a wrestler. Just baffling decision making.

· Registered
5,307 Posts
Not really.
-We asked that the social media bs be kept to a minimum, and it wasn't.
-The "huge angle" that was supposed to have an impact came out really flat
-We asked for Big Show to be kept away from the title match, and he wasn't
-We wanted JR for the whole night, instead he calls one lousy SD match
-We wanted this show to signal an overall change in direction for the product, and so far it hasn't.
-No Austin, Edge, Blackman, Gangrel, etc.
-And we weren't clamoring for AJ to be GM. They couldn't get Flair?

If this was 2004 with both Benoit and Eddie as champs and the overall product being good I would agree with your POV no doubt. But now the whining is valid.

· Registered
180 Posts
I was happy with wrestling 1992-2002 with WWF, WCW and ECW. I've been moderately content with TNA since 2010, moreso in the past 6 month. I'm thoroughly disillusioned with WWE. Its shit from top to bottom. One immediate and glaring WTF moment was JR appearing and immediately selling the wrestlers in the tag match better than Cole's entire recent history, yet he's kept in some backroom development show. Michael Cole is the worst play by play commentator in wrestling history. He is incapable of any insight, everything is in the immediate, calling what can clearly be seen. JR on the other hand, with a personal touch, can sell a wrestler. Just baffling decision making.
All of this ^

· Registered
239 Posts
Are wrestling fans ever happy? Yes. Are wrestling fans often happy with WWE? No.

What is the question that you really want to ask?
Will you please validate him by liking the s--t he likes, so we can blow each other on here and praise the WWE. When I'm satisfied, everyone must be. You do know OP the fans are paying through the nose for production with all of those mostly useless PPV's they have right? When you pay for product that is essentially stories, and the stories aren't good or even decently random like other sports, you do have the right to audit your purchase and whether that store is the right fit and why or why not. Called being a consumer, not a tool.

And no, the show sucked. Lita and APA being the main legends sucked, as I was expecting someone epic, like Hogan and/or Warrior. Christian started selling his injury to loss WAY TOO DAMN EARLY, killing the match with his already incredibly limited moveset and crowd pumping. The DX reunion blew big chunks, cept for Sandow's intrusion, prob b/c I wanted to both see how much a trainwreck Chyna had become and HBK rambled on too much like a schoolgirl instead of the creator of NWO equivalent, and acted kinda drunk, DB, Rock, Punk, Cena, and Show was the only things that made the show decent, although I'll give props for The Bros of Destruction giving us one last glimpse in how badass they were. All n all C-..on second thought, making AJ a GM instead of using her to help revive the Divas division gives it an F+

· Registered
5,743 Posts
Happy? When Damien Sandows music hit to interrupt DX on his Raw debut i was fucking ecstatic, because it was so unexpected and well tbh an absolute joy to behold, i nearly came in my pants.
Then when the GOAT spinebustered Botch Slow and went to deliver the peoples elbow
and FINALLLLLLLY CM Punk with a flying elbow was superb.

So even though i thought raw was a bit of a letdown i marked out a few times and the ending was worth it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.