Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WWE is starting to lose all of its big, household names and the ones that are still around (Triple H, Edge) will be retiring soon enough. We have been through this with the WWE before in the 90's when all the big names went to WCW and the WWF(E) was lacking star-power. However, soon after that, the WWE tried really hard to create new stars and thus came the Attitude Era. So are we currently reliving 1995-97, is 1998-99 the next phase?

Your thoughts!

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
yeah.. Can't wait til we get that David Otunga vs. John Morrison in a Bra and Panties Dog Kennel from Hell match in the next era.
Lol, if that match happened in TNA the A-Listers would think it was a 5* classic that rivals Flair/Steamboat, Taker/HBK and Punk/Joe II for sheer awesomeness fpalm

·
Registered
65 Posts
Take the attitude thing out of the equation and it is similar though. They obviously are needing to create some new main even stars but have some very good possibilities on the roster right now. It's the nature of the business that at some point there is a turnover of talent.

·
@delecast
4,405 Posts
We're most likely on the verge of an era that focuses on smaller athletic guys who wrestle the King's Road or Strong Style. It's already happening with the emergence of Bryan and Kaval.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
No chance that's what 'cha got (ha ha yeah)
Up against a machine too strong
Greedy politictions buying souls from us are PUPPETS
You'll find your place in line
Now, tie a string around your finger now, boy
'Cause is just a matter of time

'Cause you got No chance, no chance in hell
You got no chance, no chance in hell
You got no chance, no chance in hell
You got no chance, no chance in hell, yeah

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Well even if Trips Taker Edge HBK the whole lot of them is gone , Cena , Orton , Miz , Barrett etc are all already household names or being built into household names

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I can only wish and dream that Triple H would go away forever Not going to happen. I agree with Pyro when Pyro said "not a chance".

I wish we were reliving the New Generation cause that's what got me into pro wrestling.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think it's a continuous cycle and it's a good thing that WWE develops more talent since we're assured that there will be guys who will lead the next era. I don't think the Attitude Era will come back since it's outdated and that kind of product does not suit today's society and demographic.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The company itself is changing. It's entertainment will not see the days of wrasslin' anymore. It's become all PG rated and on the send messages. the WWE has taken on corporate responsibility to build its empire. Notice you don't see anymore bra and panties matches and the divas are continuously referred to as smart, sexy, and powerful. We'll have to divert to TNA for the ol' days.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
I wish some people here would read around the forum before starting a thread about some "brilliant idea" they think they had first.

The Attitude era is OVER. Which means... it will not happen. It's over. Dead. In the past. When something is in the past, it will not happen in the future. It's DEAD. The past and the future are two completely different frames of existence. It's truly fucking amazing how some people's minds around here seem to defy the very fundamentals of space-time continuity. Wrestling fans are either mentally retarded or batshit crazy, because loads of them seem to believe the wrestling world circulates on a fucking Mayan calendar.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
If your assuming the second coming of the overrated attitude era your 100% wrong ,it's dead and gone get over it.

There will however be more focus on younger ,smaller wrestlers who wrestle a different style like Daniel Bryan ,Kaval ,Tyson Kid etc They are developing a product and new bunch of stars which suit the pg era perfect and focusing on appealing to the younger demograph.If anything it's the complete opposite of the attitude era really.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
All I have to say is, I'm interested to see who emerges as Main Event stars when some of the older talents leave.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Well, why we need ANOTHER attitude era?! Just make things more creative and give every wrestler some role. It can be achieved within the PG limits.
Why does it have to be another attitude era?
Could they not just be more creative and give every wrestler a role on the roster.This doesn't have to be dubbed the attitude era by any means.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
The attitude era was a result of being second in the competition. They had to create something edgy and somewhat risky to attract fans. At the moment, and for the past 11 years, and what looks like at least another five years, WWE has/will be on top so there is no need to create something edgy and somewhat risky. If its not broken, don't fix it. And the WWE is not broken at the moment. They are making profit, and are on top of the professional wrestling ladder so there's no need to adjust its product.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i actually think that the wwe is far better off than it was in the mid 90s in regard to talent. i think there's a lot of guys just waiting for their turn. morrison, miz, barrett, sheamus, kofi, tyson kidd(don't laugh, the kid is good and fun to watch in the ring) etc... then there's the generational guys that are good in the ring but still need some time to develop the intangibles like dibiase, rhodes, etc.. then we still have orton, cena, punk, etc... i think the wwe is FAR better off than it was when savage, hogan, nash, hall etc left.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts