Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous Prime Minister Vladimir Putin was recently sworn in as the next Russian president on May 7, 2012. Before being elected to the presidency again(which although being highly transparent even as far as being on webcam in the polls some are saying was quite tampered and I mean come on Putin has now been the Russian president three times and twice a prime minister), Vladimir warned the West that if they attack Iran "the consequences would be truly catastrophic". The structure of the Russian government allows for the president as the head of state, supreme commander in chief and highest government official to be a much more powerful position than our own president. Such a statement therefore is 'alarming' at least.

Throw in the turmoil in Russia and the Middle East falling completely apart, and yet Putin states that the U.S. and NATO intervening is undermining global stability? Sounds to me like a once global power gone democratic after the end of the Cold War, is reverting back to its violent and corrupt past. All of this is bad, right? Well the following is worse.

With a NATO council meeting on May 20-21 in Chicago (Obama's hometown) having looming evacuation threats for the city of Chicago and Putin cancelling his appearance at the G8 Summit at Camp David days before, Harold Camping's 2011 end of the world date may be eerily a year late. If the fact that a newly elected global power president is opting out of this summit, doesn't put your heart in your chest than you are seriously misunderstanding.

I jest though because here is the clincher. The day after being elected president, Putin's first act of business was to denounce the NATO/US plan to put an Anti-Ballistic Missile system on the Russian border and said his only response would be a "preemptive" attack! He wants the U.S. to guarantee that these ABM systems are not to be used against Russia. As this is an impossibility and Putin would have to be an idiot to allow these to be built on his border, the world should be concerned.

As most of you probably know before 9/11, the United States was suppose to be carrying out drills that involved terrorists flying planes into buildings. Curiously enough, from May 24 to May 30 the United States and Russia will be carrying out anti-terrorist drills on U.S. soil in Colorado. This will be the FIRST TIME EVER THIS OCCURS. A trojan horse? Regardless, this is all terrifying news.

http://english.cri.cn/6966/2012/04/20/189s694306.htm

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Im pretty sure we'll never get closer than the cuban missile crisis

nobody on earth is stupid enough to destroy it

·
Registered
270 Posts
It also says the Russian group will arrive a week early to attend a baseball game in Colorado Springs.

Looks like America and Russia are getting along well enough. Not sure why Russia would just up and decide to launch nuclear missiles at the US. Seems like Putin, if anything, just wants reassurance that the missile grid on the Russian border is not to be used against his country, which is definitely a reasonable concern. Don't think it warrants a preemptive terrorist attack on part of Russia though.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
Putin is such a bad motherfucker when you think about it. Dude has been in power forever, is corrupt as fuck in front of everyone and doesn't give a shit. Plus, Putin is like a legit assassin when it comes to Judo and Sambo. He's a political gangster and if you get close to him in person he can flip you head over heels onto your fucking head.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
I hope so. let;s get it over with

·
Registered
592 Posts
The more likely situation is a nuclear catastrophe from the Fukushima nuclear facilities in Japan.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nope.

Russia ain't the biggest problem tbh. It's more nowadays north Korea or Iran and even then they are well behind in their nuclear program's than the USA or even UK.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
"Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?"

"Yes I would, Kent."

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
What would Russia do without this guy...

Plus, they're filming Fast and Furious 6 there. America is immune to full out war (just terrorism) because we invented McDonalds, Walmart, and Vin Diesel.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
This is not news by any means. I been warning our dear WF about this scenario months ago. No one wanted to believe me but that is the highly possible scenario we are facing today.

Also stop trying to pass out as if we just found out Russia was corrupt yesterday. Question should be when hasn't it been corrupt.

Calling it a democracy would probably be a nice lie for those who don't read or watch any television whatsoever.

·
Registered
784 Posts
No

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Nuclear weapons are more of a deterrant than anything anyway. The more you have the more powerful your nation seems, but I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to make the first move. Even if a huge war does erupt, which is very unlikely, no-one would use their nuclear weapons. Unless maybe they were very desperate. Very, VERY desperate.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
what countries have invaded America Since WWII (if that counts), and don't say Mexico.
Pretty much my point. Although America was never part of fighting wars on the homefront.

Last time that happened was during the civil war to get rid of the British.

9/11 is a fraud. Many centuries from now I would hope that people will know that some people during this age refused to listen to political propaganda and knew the truth.

Nuclear weapons are more of a deterrant than anything anyway. The more you have the more powerful your nation seems, but I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to make the first move. Even if a huge war does erupt, which is very unlikely, no-one would use their nuclear weapons. Unless maybe they were very desperate. Very, VERY desperate.
Well we don't know that yet. Once the war starts escalating you just can't know what measures each Nation will take. If you think you might lose a war I think you would do anything (that includes using nuclear weapons). Once that happens gosh knows what. We are living in very dangerous times at the moment.

Been so since the Cold War. Or rather the end of WW2. Nuclear Weapons have changed the ball game completely into some insane levels. Casualties today with WW3 would be to horrible to imagine.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts