Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The blood I mean. Of course that 90% of the Wrestling fans want the WWE PG Era to stop. And TNA have been giving the Fans the Attitude Era back, But i think they are over doing it.

Every week, at least 1 or 2 matches will end up in someone being covered in blood. Fair enough, TNA know WWE is screwing up with the PG Era, and TNA are taking Advantage of that, But they should maybe tone the blood down a bit. Not a week goes by that there isn't huge amounts of blood, lol.

I doubt you guys will feel the same way, But i think if they toned the blood down a little, It would look a bit better, rather than the ring being full off Pools of blood, lol.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Simply put - Yes.

The gimmicks, brawls, blood etc etc etc are more effective when used in the "less is more" manner.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
To be honest, my beef with that match wasn't with the blood but with the 'onoez wats guna hpen nxt wutch reaxun now!!1!!1!111'.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
The blood I mean. Of course that 90% of the Wrestling fans want the WWE PG Era to stop. And TNA have been giving the Fans the Attitude Era back, But i think they are over doing it.

Every week, at least 1 or 2 matches will end up in someone being covered in blood. Fair enough, TNA know WWE is screwing up with the PG Era, and TNA are taking Advantage of that, But they should maybe tone the blood down a bit. Not a week goes by that there isn't huge amounts of blood, lol.

I doubt you guys will feel the same way, But i think if they toned the blood down a little, It would look a bit better, rather than the ring being full off Pools of blood, lol.
/Booker T quote: Tell me, you didn't just say 'dat.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've said it a million times, but the Attitude Era of WWF was not good because it was adult-oriented. It was good because they had three of the top five workers in the modern era of wrestling.

If you think poop jokes, sex jokes, and blood are adult oriented, I have a huge collection of PG-13 movies to sell you.

The WWF could have been in the fucking Whoopie Cushion Era and still succeed with Undertaker, Austin, and the Rock.

I hate the singalong shit and I still realize this. Why don't you guys?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've said it a million times, but the Attitude Era of WWF was not good because it was adult-oriented. It was good because they had three of the top five workers in the modern era of wrestling.

If you think poop jokes, sex jokes, and blood are adult oriented, I have a huge collection of PG-13 movies to sell you.

The WWF could have been in the fucking Whoopie Cushion Era and still succeed with Undertaker, Austin, and the Rock.

I hate the singalong shit and I still realize this. Why don't you guys?
Sorry. Page 2 needs some truth, too. Fucking ATTITUDE bullshit...

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I think the problem is that both companies have gone in extremes. WWE went pg and now there is no blood even when it physically makes sense for there to be blood. I can't tell you how many matches I've seen that it just made sense for them to have blood.

On the other hand, TNA overdoes it. They don't look like a unique product, they just look like they're capitalizing on WWE. Lockdown this year was the worst. I'm pretty sure that out of nine matches, FIVE had blood. WWE had it right up until 2008. Not a lot of blood, but when it did happen, it made sense. It told the story.

·
Registered
858 Posts
there was too much earlier this year, its calmed down a bit. Blood does nearly nothing for me.
I felt really bad thats how Roxxi when out, too.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I don't know what the fascination TNA has with blood. Personally, I'd rather not see any blood at all.
They're deliberately trying to contrast the new PG image of the WWE in order to capitalize disillusioned Attitude Era fans.

Not saying it's a good or bad idea, but it's clearly what they're doing.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I'm fine with blood. But that's just me, I guess...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts