Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some people had to have stopped watching simply because they dont like Hogan, or else the ratings would be higher than pre-Hogan ratings because Hogan definitely made some people (myself included) start to watch TNA, solely because he joined.

so if TNA is doing the same ratings pre-Hogan that they are post-Hogan, Hogan coming in cant even be seen as a failure, its just that original and older TNA fans are being so fickle, that someone coming in made them stop watching.

from what i've read on this board, TNA has had a ton of bad writing, storylines that dont get finished, and all of that stuff BEFORE Hogan, and maybe it still happens sometimes after Hogan, but then you cant get mad at Hogan for that.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
i stopped watching it when they changed the ring and since january have only ever looked at the clips on the site.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
actually most people have just stopped watching because since Hogan, everything's gotten worse.

there doesn't always have to be this underlying ulterior motive to everything, sometimes people just don't like what they're seeing on TV. i've been watching since 2004, and i'm finding a hard time to discover another period where i was less interested in what was happening.

when someone sees something they think is shit and stop watching, that hardly makes them fickle.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
TNA fans? You mean IWC, right?

Fans are watching/enjoying their product. Or not watching/caring. Simple as that.

Good job on pointing this thing out btw. In 2005-2006 IWC presented something like this - "Oh God... ZERO personalities. I know, wrestling is good but they are so bland. Spotmonkeys..."
Get used to this.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I mean, I personally like TNA today alot more than I did the last 3 years. But, others dont. I find the 4 sided ring to be easier to watch, I think Mr. Anderson & The Pope are amazing talents to build a company around, and I enjoy the pace of the show.

Not everyone agree's though. But, other than Abyss, OJ, Eric Young, & Ink Inc., I find everything to be very interesting right now.

·
9,747 Posts
TNA fans? You mean IWC, right?

Fans are watching/enjoying their product. Or not watching/caring. Simple as that.

Good job on pointing this thing out btw. In 2005-2006 IWC presented something like this - "Oh God... ZERO personalities. I know, wrestling is good but they are so bland. Spotmonkeys..."
Get used to this.
lolwut?

2006 was one of the best years for TNA when it comes to how the IWC sees them. were you not around or something, and are just speaking out of blind ignorance?

i was on forums then. everyone loved it. it was fresh, exciting, new superstars coming in, a totally different feeling then now.

your IWC criticism has totally failed just now, a lot like your definition of the IWC in general.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
lolwut?

2006 was one of the best years for TNA when it comes to how the IWC sees them. were you not around or something, and are just speaking out of blind ignorance?

i was on forums then. everyone loved it. it was fresh, exciting, new superstars coming in, a totally different feeling then now.

your IWC criticism has totally failed just now, a lot like your definition of the IWC in general.
I strongly disagree. I was around at that time and I can clearly remember IWC cmplaining HARD about x-division guys having zero personality. ANYONE who was around at that time will confirm that.
Some other trending topics about the "golden age" of TNA from IWC in 2005-2006:
"JJ taking over the main event scene"
"Monety Brown not getting a push"
"Spotmonkeys"
"Zero personalities"
"No star power"
Yep, same old IWC. Bitching, complaining, hating, watching.

·
9,747 Posts
I strongly disagree. I was around at that time and I can clearly remember IWC cmplaining HARD about x-division guys having zero personality. ANYONE who was around at that time will confirm that.
Some other trending topics about the "golden age" of TNA from IWC in 2005-2006:
"Spotmonkeys"
"Zero personalities"
"No star power"
obviously there's always going to be negativity. people are ALWAYS going to have differing opinions, thats kinda how life works, its not just wrestling or the internet or anything. its about discussion. you bitching about the IWC is basically, being the same old IWC by bitching about it.

but if you think it was as bad then as it is now, i'd have to suggest you're nuts. since i've been on the internet i have not seen such backlash against TNA the product. its seen by a joke as many now, where it used to be something with potential and what some would suggest was more entertaining wrestling.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
What else about the "golden age" of TNA...
"Spotmonkeys"
"Zero personalities"
"No star power"
Nobody complained about that. In fact everyone was much happier with the X-division at that time. 2006 started off with the AJ/Joe/Daniels feud which was considered by almost everyone as awesome. Then Daniels dropped the belt to Senshi (not many complaints about that one) who had a decent mid 06 run until Sabin (who clearly had a personality with all the Jackass stuff, shit as it may have been). The divisions focus turned at the end of that year to the PCS which was full of x division personalities.

·
Registered
633 Posts
"i stopped watching it when they changed the ring and since january have only ever looked at the clips on the site. "

lol.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Nobody complained about that. In fact everyone was much happier with the X-division at that time. 2006 started off with the AJ/Joe/Daniels feud which was considered by almost everyone as awesome. Then Daniels dropped the belt to Senshi (not many complaints about that one) who had a decent mid 06 run until Sabin (who clearly had a personality with all the Jackass stuff, shit as it may have been). The divisions focus turned at the end of that year to the PCS which was full of x division personalities.
I'm glad that it's IWC's favorite song RIGHT NOW. But that was not IWC's song in 2005-2006.
Was X-Division better at that time? Yes. No question about it. But saying that "everyone was much happier with the X-division at that time" is just not true. Different time. Different complains.
And PCS was a shoot comedy imo. 1st ever X-Division personality was Sheik Abdul Bashir.

P.S. But PCS was awesome btw.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
from what i've read on this board, TNA has had a ton of bad writing, storylines that dont get finished, and all of that stuff BEFORE Hogan, and maybe it still happens sometimes after Hogan, but then you cant get mad at Hogan for that.
if you are ok with weeks of endless contradictions, convoluted stories, BS story structure, 8 minutes of wrestling per week on a 2 hour wrestling show despite the title "TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION" then trust me, your support is COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE IN THE LONG RUN

you deserve better than what hogan is giving you, but i guess not

besides by what you are saying is that all in all, HOGAN HAS DONE NOTHING, except now there is even less wrestling than ever and amazing potential in changing the way wrestling is in the minds of the WHOLE WORLD not the mainstream masses that watch wrestling BUT THE WHOLE WORLD is being pissed away in the name of a guy who has no idea how todays business works and cares even less about you

but at least before he came in we got AJ/JOE/Daniels again and an excellent Angle/Desmond fued thanks to the departures of Dutch Mantel and Jeff Jarrett from the creative team

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm glad that it's IWC's favorite song RIGHT NOW. But that was not IWC's song in 2005-2006.
Was X-Division better at that time? Yes. No question about it. But saying that "everyone was much happier with the X-division at that time" is just not true. Different time. Different complains.
And PCS was a shoot comedy imo. 1st ever X-Division personality was Sheik Abdul Bashir.

P.S. But PCS was awesome btw.
Mcshnobel would like to wish his credibility all the best in its future endeavors.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Mcshnobel would like to wish his credibility all the best in its future endeavors.
Joe=a heel who gets cheered.
Christopher Daniels=Go away heat (GOOD) but a crappy gimmick.
AJ=Overpushed.
Senshi=Bland. Boring. No heat.
Sabin= Silly. No heat.
Lethal=Good face reaction, bad gimmick.
Bashir=Decent gimmick/PERFECT heel heat/decent wrestler.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Joe=a heel with who gets cheered.
Christopher Daniels=Go away heat (GOOD) but a crappy gimmick.
AJ=Overpushed.
Senshi=Bland. Boring. No heat.
Sabin= Silly. No heat.
Lethal=Good face reaction, bad gimmick.
Bashir=Decent gimmick/PERFECT heel heat/decent wrestler.

·
Registered
894 Posts
ugh... I really dislike these assumption threads but I'm gonna take my time to reply.

Ok, first of all TNA fans are not that fickle to stop watching, sure there are some that have stopped watching, but the majority have stick around to watch TNA.

The problem is not TNA losing viewers, TNA's rating has been growing till mid 2009 of that peak 1.3 ratings, the problem being that TNA has not GAINED any more viewers/ more consistent sequence of ratings at 1.3 since. TNA have not grown nor have they declined, they are currently at a Status quo phase. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

BTW, Most wrestling fans don't care about whats the product that much (be it matches, promos or retarded skits) it's the 0.1-0.2 of the ratings data that do. Also, you have to take into consideration that the "new monday night wars" did not help TNA at all, and made them lose a good chunk of viewers/ratings for a small period.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts