Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The week after the RAW after WM, I made a thread saying it was a bitch move to hide Roman in the back. Ever since they've been doing whatever to keep him out of the audience wrath, I mean I think he's been on mic in front of crowd 1 time since then.

But tonight, they put Roman in the locker room. Even if that audio wasn't edited or faked, they clearly hid him further than before, but all I heard was a generic sound track that was super faint.

I auto-assumed they put a fake track. But then the Neville's segment right after, you heard a very dull laugh...almost no fan audio. Then Seth's entrance, it felt like a fake cheer track, or toned down, even when it got on turnbuckle it was a soft cheer, like it sounded fake....I feel either I'm paranoid or this is legit.

So is it just me, or are they manipulating all the audio from the audience? Like more so than usual, and even trying harder for Roman?

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go back to RAW if you have DVR, and listen to Roman's backstage audio, then Neville's backstage interview, and then Seth and Roman's entrance for their fight. The audio is so flat.

So I watched 2nd half of RAW tonight then Smackdown, and crowd noise is always loud through whole show. So either RAW is muting their audience and playing over some random dulled track, or people on RAW this week were a quiet crowd.

The reason I believe it, is cause I didn't hear 1 boo for Roman, like I heard minor boos in his entrance, but they weren't that loud.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
The audio mix on RAW is absolutely horrible at the moment. I don't know who's in charge of it, but they're doing a terrible job.
The crowd noise is purposely reduced to as low as possible because they chant stuff that WWE doesn't want on their PG programming.

I'm not sure they're specifically killing the boos for Reigns anymore. HHH has stated that the reactions for Reigns are exactly what they want!

I think it's more that the sound guy is over-using compressors and limiters on the sound mix, killing everything except the commentary and ring mics, making the whole should sound flat. Even entrance music sounds weak and like it's coming from a different room during RAW. I think it's BAD audio mixing rather than actual attempts to mute the crowd now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts