Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sami Zayn cuts a promo the last episode talking about he knows how Bryan feels to not be the chosen one by management and Zayn's getting screwed over left and right. Even name drops Triple H....so are they trying to make Zayn the NXT equivalent of Bryan? will it carry over to the main roster?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
reason why this couldn't go to the NXT section...?

to answer the question, I don't know as I haven't really watched it that much for a while.

·
Actually in The Business
1,059 Posts
would be pretty cool if they had the 'small indy guys' against the 'new corporation' Zayn, punk and brian would fit in. But with big show and the rhodes being involved doesn't seem like thats the case, although could be incorporated I suppose.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
It seems like they're extending the angle along to say it's a thing that encompasses the entire WWE. It follows the whole Billy Gunn special guest referee thing, and I guess tries to show that Triple H's power over the company is absolute. Zayn is the best guy to use on NXT because, like Bryan, he's not got the typical WWE look but is damn good in the ring.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Its a linkage to the main company is all. The whole "best for business" appeal but now he is not getting the Bryan treatment. He should have lost that match unlike Bryan who should have won numerous times.

Zayn is just getting dicked by Bo-Dallas to make Dallas more hated. This entire feud is meant to help Bo more than Zayn. Bo's gimmick is pure gold and honestly being one of the few who isn't heavily biased towards Zayn who will be an amazing midcarder one day but Bo's new angle can go far.

The amount of money people would pay to FINALLY watch someone wipe that smile off his troll face = marketing gold. He will be able to garner heat at Vickie levels on the main roster if they give him a WHC or WWE belt with the same angle.

I hate him so much I love him to death. Its freaking brilliant and the way he responds is getting better and better. Zayn has no real direction so it will be hard to pull him up and not give him the same angle as Bryan which wont work again so soon.

He needs an edge to him like what Bryan had to do with his character. Zayn looks too soft IMO but he is an excellent worker just seeing him beat people up even his own size isn't believable where as the scruffy Brian looks like the kind of guy who would fight tooth and nail and be bale to muster up enough gumption to pull any feat off.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
I'm expecting Sami Zayn to be involved in the main storyline going into Survivor Series probably on a team with Punk and Bryan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It would be awesome. I remember them mentioning Xavier Woods and his Big Show petition so it won't be outta the question to see some NXT involvement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts