Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorta like Victoria once had? after seeing her on RAW the past few weeks, and on commentary tonight it seems like thats the route their taking. They've even brought up her mental health once or twice on commentary I believe

I actually think it'd be great, nice change of pace since no diva's have that sort of gimmick at the moment lol

·
Banned
1,618 Posts
they need to turn her into a michelle rodriguez type badass. ditch the colorful leather the bright red lipstick and the heavy makeup. Dress her in all black give a toothpick and have her watch Razor Ramon videos.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Would be pretty cool if they did, I think she could pull off that kind of character pretty well too. Would make a change from the usual heel DIVAs we see in the WWE.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would like to see them play up the whole bipolar thing...it's always been kinda part of her gimmick, but they could emphasise it. The trouble about last night's commentary is that Eve's presence absolutely killed it. When Jazz and Victoria did that it actually felt awkward because the announcers (read: JR & King) maintained the awkwardness by asking questions throughout and discussing their silence, but here Eve just blabbered on about nothing the whole time. And no disrespect to Michael Cole fans, but he absolutely sucks. He didn't even try.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
It would definitely make for a more interesting character having her turn a little insane. Her position on commentary last night wasn't interesting at all though. Being silent was pretty boring, didn't add to her new gimmick much... just made her look like she couldn't think of anything to say. They should have made her rant or say something crazy/bizarre at random or something. Maybe similar to one of those old Mike Knox skits.

Plus it didn't build anything between Melina/Natalya. It was Maryse and Eve who seemed to have a moment.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would definitely make for a more interesting character having her turn a little insane. Her position on commentary last night wasn't interesting at all though. Being silent was pretty boring, didn't add to her new gimmick much... just made her look like she couldn't think of anything to say. They should have made her rant or say something crazy/bizarre at random or something. Maybe similar to one of those old Mike Knox skits.

Plus it didn't build anything between Melina/Natalya. It was Maryse and Eve who seemed to have a moment.
Yeah this I totally agree with. I hope they do something like that backstage with her maybe since they missed their chance on commentary. Just show her acting really strange backstage in segments

Another thing I wondered was if she ran away from Maryse? after Maryse got all pissy after losing they focused the camera angle on the ring for about 3 seconds and we they focused it back on the announce table towards Maryse, Melina had already left as if she was afraid of Maryse or something which was odd lol

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
What did Melina do last night
I basically missed all of Raw except the beginning and the end

·
Registered
19 Posts
What did Melina do last night
I basically missed all of Raw except the beginning and the end
Nothing really. She was with Michael Cole and Eve but she didn't answer any of his questions or say anything. I thought she was going to attack Natalya after her match but she just walked off at the end.

If they are doing an insane gimmick (which I think would be cool) she needs to get on the mic at some point. So far her feud with Natalya has no legs. The Divas division on Raw is pretty disappointing at the moment. But if they play up a feud between Melina and Natalya properly it could be great.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yeah, Cole could have helped make it a more "storyline awkward moment" rather than a "slow on the draw" awkward moment by constantly trying to draw Mel into the conversation and continuously getting stonewalled. It would have also helped if the match went on longer to help faciliate that. I think Melina left because she was glad that she wasn't required to be there anymore, not because of Maryse's freak out (which is currently the best thing going in the Raw Divas' division).

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
The only good thing about the Diva segment last night was that it seems like Maryse's storyline as Ted's girlfriend is finally coming to an end, and thank god. She should be competing for the title, not being the valet of the epitome of boredom that is DiBiase.

Sorry for the slight rant, but seriously. We're talking about a chick who a year ago was the biggest heel in Raw's Divas division, 2nd only to Michelle McCool in the entire WWE.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Mickie James took it from Victoria
Victoria took it from Luna
Luna took it from Sherri Martel

There's always been the psycho diva, I personally love it always have. Just don't like Melina.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nothing really. She was with Michael Cole and Eve but she didn't answer any of his questions or say anything. I thought she was going to attack Natalya after her match but she just walked off at the end.

If they are doing an insane gimmick (which I think would be cool) she needs to get on the mic at some point. So far her feud with Natalya has no legs. The Divas division on Raw is pretty disappointing at the moment. But if they play up a feud between Melina and Natalya properly it could be great.
Ah ok thanks
Sucks that creative didn't build the storyline anymore
Funny Maryse storyline is more interesting right now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts