Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its like ever since the Halloween Havoc match they're like "Omg this guy is great at this goofy shit, lets have him do that all the time!!" now this week he was in a fucking blindfold match, which is the worst match in the history of pro wrestling, by design it can't be a good match, and they're at war with AEW and they put this shit on?

Cameron Grimes is a fucking great wrestler, but i'm starting to worry this is the only shit they're gonna give him from now on, this over the top goofy comedy stuff. Its like Moxley said about Vince, as soon as he found out Moxley had an ounce of good comedic chops he went and turned his entire character into that and went overboard with goofy comedic segments.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,679 Posts
As long as it's getting him over and more fans from the WWE/NXT crowds at home, then who cares if he is being a goofy character. It's also called a personality that he is gaining. Cameron is starting to become a fav of mine and i rarely watch NXT these days.

·
Registered
460 Posts
As long as it's getting him over and more fans from the WWE/NXT crowds at home, then who cares if he is being a goofy character. It's also called a personality that he is gaining. Cameron is starting to become a fav of mine and i rarely watch NXT these days.
Same here. Enjoying it. If he was being featured heavily against the likes of Maine center, then maybe I’ll have these issues with it.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He had a fine personality before this goofy stuff, his cocky attitude was great, now every week he's making goofy faces and acting like he's in a scooby doo cartoon or something.

Before this shit with Lumis i felt like Grimes could have gone for the NA Title, but not now, this comedy shit aint gonna get him anywhere. And whos to say if he's getting over doing this, theres no crowd there to tell us..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I grew tired of the goofy cartoony schtick pretty quick too ( as soon as it started) I hope they start booking him more seriously from now on

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hasn't this character always been kinda goofy? He just wasn't being featured as prominently.
Anyway Dexter should've won the NA title already, and Grimes already came out to interrupt matches/attack him in like several occasions now - they should've just ended it at Halloween Havoc, but I understand they're trying to give everyone something to do...

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
As new as I am to NXT, I personally find that this comedy role suits him okay. That being said, that Halloween Havoc match was god awful. I hated it with a passion. But the blindfold match didn't bother me at all. We've been seeing blind folded matches for a long time now in pro wrestling, so from time to time it's never a bad thing.

I'm intrigued to see where this feud is going seeing as I like both Dexter and Grimes. I just really hope they tone it down on the cinematic stuff. I'm getting really tired of some of the overboard nonsense they do in whichever promotion with that kind-of stuff. I see that Impact is doing it as well.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I really like his character, as others have said he can be all, nice, angry, afraid, comedy guy and as dar as me, I enjoy me some Cameron Grimes on my tv.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I love Grimes and have never had much of a problem with the comedy stuff. I think the blindfold match was a bit of a 'jump the shark' moment though. It was so poorly executed it didn't really help anyone and wasn't particularly funny. I think he'll be fine once he gets out of feuding with shitty Dexter Lumis and moves on to something else. He's had to turn it up to 11 to sell for the crappy Lumis character. I'm looking forward to him having great matches again in the North American title picture.

·
Waiting for Kawato
1,101 Posts
Probably not because he IS so good at it. Total death knell. He's going to be putting other guys over the rest of his life.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Not sure what people expect from him. He is likely never anything more than a midcarder on the main roster however he is portrayed. He is getting a good spotlight and excelling in his role. He is in no way ruined, if anything his future is being cemented by showing he can adapt and diversify his character.

All that said I do agree the feud has gone on long enough. They should have moved on after Halloween Havoc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts