Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any wrestlers in TNA that you think are the exact opposite of useless, ones that would hurt the company financially if they left. I thought that Christian Cage was carrying TNA back in 2007, but the company was doing even better witthout him(until the Massacre, that is). Is there anyone that you think the company would do badly without?

·
Registered
245 Posts
unfortunately, TNA hasn't been in a position to consider itself riding on the back of any particular wrestler since the Hogan/Bischoff regime came in, and made it more about themselves than the in-ring action

at least in 2009 you had the likes of AJ and Angle in the main event, and people could look and think "TNA?? That's where Kurt Angle is!"

now people look at TNA and say "Jeff Hardy?? Is he still around?? What's he doing these days?"

It's a shame when the likes of Beer Money, AJ and Joe aren't up there in the main event scene, and yet Jeff Hardy and RVD aren't doing a single thing to earn their spots other than pulling out an old and tired routine just for the easy pops

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Maybe Angle- I'm not convinced there is much they can do to affect the success of the company one way or the other. Unless everybody leaves and the show completely tanks. But if you lost one of Angle, hardy, Aj, RVD whoever, I don't know how negatively any one loss would affect it. For WWE that would be a good thing, but in TNA's case, I don't know if that is actually something to be proud of, because their baseline is so low that it shows nobody has had a measurable effect.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
without a doubt jeff hardy, if he left it would be a bg big loss
TNA was fine before him coming back to be honest.

If you want to pick a guy who"carried" the company, it HAS to be Angle imo. Maybe there isn't one guy who carries them but you have to think that a star as big as Kurt Angle would be the one .

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Seriously, I think Ric Flair is carrying a huge part of the load. If you said that would be a possibility a year ago, I would have laughed at you. It really says a lot about the rest of the roster and their inability to sell their characters. Obviously, the same can be said for the creative team. Hell, a fair few of the matches that could potentially draw would have Ric Flair in one corner. I just cannot believe he still turns up at his age and gives 100% each time.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
Angle, and no one else. Even then it's a streach since he's been out of focus for awhile.

But if Kurt decided he wants to go back to the WWE.... Yeah, TNA would be finished.

·
Registered
937 Posts
It's not like Ric Flair defending the title every week on Nitro. Mixed tag matches are not going to carry a company. TNA does not draw, so it is hard to carry a company, that has hardly any fans. Only bored WWE marks, that clearly TNA should not be trying to please. You can't really call somebody that has a so called match, for five minutes every two weeks a wrestler. You can look at this forum, that used to have TNA die hards, none of them post here anymore. I argued for entertainment, I argued for the old guys. Because there is plenty of room for them. Nash can wrestle better then any Knockout. He can throw a punch..period.they cannot. It is all about wrestling. TNA cannot afford bad matches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts