Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really curious because the more I watch WWE I feel like it's directed towards kids/early teenagers. I watched NXT this week (Sami Zayn and Neville) and that looked like a show/wrestling match aimed towards a more mature audience.

So does anyone have any stats? What do you guys think anyway if you have no stats? Is it a show for kids now?

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
NXT's crowd is definitely older than what you see with WWE always panning the camera to the kids on live shows;turns out most WWE fans are older rather than younger.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
The audience is mostly made up of older adults.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Pretty surprising to hear tbh.. would love to see some stats though. Yet WWE invest in the kids? :/
Well before the Attitude Era they always aimed towards kids so its just what Vince does. He always wanted it to be a family friendly thing but the Attitude Era until 2008 they went with the adult oriented product. People make way too much of a deal out of them being PG because they have been PG way longer than they were TV-14

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well before the Attitude Era they always aimed towards kids so its just what Vince does. He always wanted it to be a family friendly thing but the Attitude Era until 2008 they went with the adult oriented product. People make way too much of a deal out of them being PG because they have been PG way longer than they were TV-14
Hmm I'd say more till 2006 though. I don't think PG is the problem. Rollins, Ambrose etc have proved that you can be entertaining even in PG. The problem is stupid segments and what not..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts