Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friends were having a discussion about this earlier.

Are than any straight edge superstars besides CM Punk?

The names my friends said that they thought were straight edge were William Regal, John Cena, & D'Angelo Dinero (Known as Elijah Burke in the WWE).

The only one I think is true out of the three is William Regal.

But do you guys know of any or think any superstars that are actually straight edge in real life?

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Re: Are there any real-life straight edge superstars besides CM Punk?

Straight Edge as in people who "pledge" Straight Edge? Probably not.

But people who don't drink or smoke etc. I'm sure there is a good number seeing as you have to be in good shape to be a wrestler.

From what I hear Triple H doesn't smoke or drink.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

Maybe Triple H, he admitted it during his segment with CM Punk when he made fun of Punk's extreme straight edge lifestyle.

I don't know if he's straight edge in real life though, based on that video i just assume he is, lol.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

Triple H is. It's been said in a number of books (Shawn's, DX's, and I believe Flair's) that he refuses to drink or smoke. That's all I know of.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

Maybe Triple H, he admitted it during his segment with CM Punk when he made fun of Punk's extreme straight edge lifestyle.

I don't know if he's straight edge in real life though, based on that video i just assume he is, lol.
Lol Triple H surpassed Punks mic skills here. Pretty hilarious.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts

Triple H is and always has been by most accounts.

Danielson's a vegan, though I don't know if he's straight edge. That's not to say "all vegans are straight edge" because that's not a fact, but he doesn't strike me as the drinking/smoking/drugging type so I suppose it's possible.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

Triple H is and always has been by most accounts.

Danielson's a vegan, though I don't know if he's straight edge. That's not to say "all vegans are straight edge" because that's not a fact, but he doesn't strike me as the drinking/smoking/drugging type so I suppose it's possible.
Yeah, hell he even struggled to finish his soda in that ridiculous NXT contest.

·
Registered
353 Posts

He uses drugs tho....

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts

I'm sure there are but I don't know why they'd be gay and label themselves as such.

Unless, you know, they really are gay.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts

Regal drinks wine to relax himself on a regular basis. And he's had drug problems in the past, as we all (???) know.

Triple H, Danielson... And I've read that Kofi Kingston doesn't drink or do drugs, etceteras, he's kind of a "nerd"/loner of sorts.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts

He uses drugs tho....
If you're talking about steroids, everyone does, so for the purposes of this conversation I think we can exclude it (yes, I am that desensitized on the subject).

But other drugs, pot, cocaine, etc.? Not a chance Triple H does that shit. He is clean as a whistle. Even when he was running with The Kliq, who got smashed every night doing lines of coke off hookers, Triple H was clean. Nash has told more than one story on HHH saving all their asses from going to jail.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Oh yeah it totally slipped my mind about Regal getting fired over the Wellness Program.

And by straight edge I mean drug & alcohol free guys.

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts

Oh yeah it totally slipped my mind about Regal getting fired over the Wellness Program.

And by straight edge I mean drug & alcohol free guys.
The number would certainly rise in that case but that's no where near Straight Edge.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

If you're talking about steroids, everyone does, so for the purposes of this conversation I think we can exclude it (yes, I am that desensitized on the subject).

But other drugs, pot, cocaine, etc.? Not a chance Triple H does that shit. He is clean as a whistle. Even when he was running with The Kliq, who got smashed every night doing lines of coke off hookers, Triple H was clean. Nash has told more than one story on HHH saving all their asses from going to jail.
But the question was regarding straight edge wrestlers. If you use steroids you cannot be straight edge.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

But the question was regarding straight edge wrestlers. If you use steroids you cannot be straight edge.
Then there aren't any. That's why CM Punk refers to himself as the only 3-time Straight Edge World Heavyweight Champion.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Jerry Lawler and CM Punk have way more in common than most people think. Their only addictions are wrestling and the ladies. There is however a huge difference between Straight Edge and being drug/alcohol free. There are even Straight Edge groups who don't like CM Punk.

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts
Jerry Lawler and CM Punk have way more in common than most people think. Their only addictions are wrestling and the ladies. There is however a huge difference between Straight Edge and being drug/alcohol free. There are even Straight Edge groups who don't like CM Punk.
Well CM Punk is supporting a drug dealer on his shoulder. :p

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.