Wrestling Forum banner

Are there any RATIONAL reasons to dislike Cena?

4450 Views 113 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  Amber B
Are there any RATIONAL reasons to dislike Cena?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

· Banned
2,231 Posts
He cannot wrestle, crap on the mic with his current gimmick, boring, stale, not funny when tries to be, this years Wrestlemania will be the 7th straight year he will in the title picture having won 5 of those, not even taker, hbk, hhh, austin, rock did that!

Reactions: BOBORBK

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He cannot wrestle, crap on the mic with his current gimmick, boring, stale, not funny when tries to be, this years Wrestlemania will be the 7th straight year he will in the title picture having won 5 of those, not even taker, hbk, hhh, austin, rock did that!
See, this is the kind of absolute garbage that get spewed with Cena. I'm going to work with the more intelligent and coherent responses here.

· Registered
75 Posts
You do realize that that's WWE's fault?

· Registered
1,388 Posts
As a fan of Cena, I can actually give one.

He is the entire focus of the show, with at least 40 minutes of it dedicated to his feud. This takes away from building new superstars, unfortunately.

· Registered
3,698 Posts
I think the main reason he gets hate is because how stale his character is ,there's no argument here.

In the ring I don't mind him ,his main flaw that annoys me is his selling.Not just being super-Cena and non-selling moves.His selling in general is horrible ,even selling punches.

His promos are very hit and miss.His promo with The Rock was obviously immense ,just because it wasn't the same "never back down ,never give up shit".

But what people have to relise is his promos are not his ,Vince tells him what and when to say stuff just like every wrestler.

It's also not his fault for winning every match and going on Wrestlemania in the main event again.It's booking fault .People critisise Cena for things like these and never losing ,this is down to booking and obviously not his fault.He's the posterboy of WWE and their prize pig ,so it's obvious to book him like this.

Reactions: BOBORBK

· Leader of #TeamBAE
1,598 Posts
For anyone doubting his in-ring abilities go watch Cena/Umaga, Cena/HBK, Cena/Orton at Breaking Point etc.

The only reason his character sucks is because it is aimed at the 5-12 year olds, and not an adult themed character.

The only reason to hate him is what irishboy said, he is becoming to much of the focus on the show and this takes away from other superstars getting development in anything meaningful. That's generally the problem, the only stories we see are Main Event stories.

When Cena turns heel it'll be the greatest moment the IWC has ever seen, and will probably crash forums twice in the same moment. Bet on it.

· Banned
5,110 Posts
So you like Cena and view anyone that doesn't as unintelligent.....
Strong irony on being rational

As a fan of Cena, I can actually give one.

He is the entire focus of the show, with at least 40 minutes of it dedicated to his feud. This takes away from building new superstars, unfortunately.
And this.
I don't mind Cena. Sometimes he's pretty good , other times he's annoying.
I just get sick of always seeing him , always with a belt , always the focus.... I admire his love for wrestling .... but put someone else over for fuck sake

· Banned
2,231 Posts
The other week when he responded to The Rock was a fresh of breathe air when he went back to the thuganomics gimmick for that segement, it was perfect and suited him much more and compare that to the shit he comes out with week in week our for the past 6 years! He should turn heel or do something interesting to save himself from being one of the most hated wwe champions in history

· Registered
1,446 Posts
For anyone doubting his in-ring abilities go watch Cena/Umaga, Cena/HBK, Cena/Orton at Breaking Point etc.

The only reason his character sucks is because it is aimed at the 5-12 year olds, and not an adult themed character.

The only reason to hate him is what irishboy said, he is becoming to much of the focus on the show and this takes away from other superstars getting development in anything meaningful. That's generally the problem, the only stories we see are Main Event stories.

When Cena turns heel it'll be the greatest moment the IWC has ever seen, and will probably crash forums twice in the same moment. Bet on it.
His match with Ugama sucked and as I pointed out before, anyone can look good when they have a better wrestler carrying them, like HBK or Punk. The fact is that if you watch the matches, you'll see how Cena rarely even does a move and if he does, its the same thing over and over. 90% of his actions in a match are punches.

· Registered
9,377 Posts
The main reason he gets hated on is beacuse he's the face of the newer PG WWE. As face of the company, older fans see him as a representation of the tamed down, family friendly product. They don't like the new product and seem to equate Cena with the shift in the companies direction - as if it were up to him. Another reason might be the way that Cena has been toned down; he was super-over as a bad ass rapper with a nasty attitude and was a particularly obnoxious heel. They toned down his potency, which a lot of fans seem to have taken bizarrely personally. To be fair, there is nothing wrong with his mic work or ring work, he has a great attitude, has time for his fans, is loyal to the company and shifts a shitload of merchandise. Maybe he isn't the most technically innovative performer in the world, but he does what he does incredibly well. I don't agree with the Cena bashing at all.

Hogan main evented the first eight Wrestlemanias (excluding WM4) and stole the show at WM9. If Austin hadn't been so broken down and injured, he probably would've done the same thing. Cena is the new Hogan. Face facts.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
His no selling. As a babyface he's expected to come back from a beating by the heel. The basic match, ehich every wrestler should be able to do, works like this: Babyface dominates for a couple of minutes, heel uses an underhanded tactic to seize the advantage and dominates for four or five minutes to get heat, babyface mounts a comeback while selling the damage, finish. Cena does most of these things but doesn't sell enough during the heat stage and completely no sells during his comeback, meaning there's no real heat and with that, no reason to care.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.