Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there any greater than great wrestlers in the wwe today? (sorry for the typo in the topic)

What I mean by that is wrestlers that most of the fans watch wwe to see. Maybe it's because i'm an old school wwf fan but I used to be in awe when I saw wrestlers like the rock, stone cold steve austin, goldburg, young hulk hogan, young undertaker, and maybe brock lesner. I haven't seen that lately in the wwe though. I think they might have tried to produce this effect with the The Great Khali, John Cena, and Randy Orton when he left evolution but it didn't work.

Is there just a lack of performance in the wwe and no one's capable of reaching the heights of what the rock used to be? Does the WWE deliberately make it so no wrestler sticks out too much so they don't become bigger than the WWE having all their eggs in one basket like that? Or is the performance there that I'm just not seeing?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
what the fuck?

Rock goldberg hogan as great wrestlers? Are you on crack

Danielson Punk and Kaval say hi. Gabriel Jericho Morrison (flame me if you will) Rey and Christian do too.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
When the thread poster says "greater than great," I think he is meaning "legendary." Hence his inclusion of Hogan and so on.

I'll say, right now, that the three "legendary" characters in the WWE are HHH, the Undertaker and Jericho. You can add Cena to that list if you are a little kid (and I'm not being patronising in saying that).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jericho was alright when he had the long hair and pumped up the crowd back in the day. He doesn't do that anymore though. He's not entertaining. All he does is back out from fights and run his mouth like an idiot. I hear his contract is about to expire and he's leaving the WWE again anyway.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Wrestling isn't a sport anymore. Now it's sports entertainment. If you wanna see old school wrestling in a sense then check out ROH or any other indy promotion besides TNA. Jericho, Punk, Daniel Bryan, Kaval, and probably Evan Bourne and a few others can all wrestle but they can't even do as much as they used to because it's sports entertainment and basically wwe drains and kills these guys by over working them and then when they do give them the time to do what they want, they have a hard time coming up with something the fans will love seeing because their tired and mentally unbalanced. Simple as that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts