Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any at all? Ziggler and Rhodes could be but they had no mid-card feuds to get them over and Rhodes ultimately lost at WM to Big Show, kind of a killer there. But the fact is, is that one of the main reasons the WWE doesnt is because it cant stand to have a heel beat a face anymore. If Lesnar would of beat Cena, it would have made him so much better, same with Show, but Cena cannot be beaten I suppose.

The fact that there are no heels is not only hurting feuds but also hurting face devolopment. Wouldn't Sheamus look a whole lot tougher if he had beaten some note worthy heel? Remember back in 05-06, dont remember but remeber when Shelton Benjamin beat HHH? I was like holy shit, that just happened. Ultimately it didnt lead to much of a push for him cuz WWE fucked it up but it had that OMG factor. Same with Batista beating HHH at WM 21, and Cena beating JBL. The fact is, you cannot have a face look any good if he hasnt beaten that badass heel.

Brock Lesnar could of been that credible heel if he would have beaten Cena. Honestly, Cena winning didnt get him more over. Lesnar should of beat Cena or someone else should of beat Lesnar.

The only two guys I could see being credible heels once they get back are Orton, if he returns as a heel and also Wade Barrett. I may get shit for that but I think he has earned the right to be the top heel after the whole Nexus thing with Cena and Orton and then the feud with Orton which I thought was pretty good.

Do you think there are good heels in WWE?

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
DOLPH ZIGGLER!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The heels with the most credibility are probably Kane, Barrett, Del Rio, Show and Bryan. Kane and Barrett I could actually see beating a top face. They sort of have fans conditioned to think Del Rio's great since he beats guys like Christian, Mysterio clean and gets the upper hand on Sheamus. They'd been making Bryan seem credible since he won at the RR but that's been dissapating lately and Show is credibly bases solely on his prior work as a face.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
No, None of them are true Main Eventers like Triple H in 2000. They are all Upper Midcarders, in the case of Ziggler, he is a midcarder.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Lesnar, the guy who only makes few appearances and gets paid $5 million, is the only one.
This. Even with the loss to Cena, Brock is still perceived as a monster and with Heyman doing the talking, the WWE don't have anything close. Most of their heels either have that comedy or chicken shit effect, or they are jobbers. There's like Kane and the Big Show that have habitual monster runs and end up doing a lot of jobbing once the run has lasted for more than a month or 2 - nobody really takes these serious.

Mark Henry was the closest thing besides Lesnar, but injuries took their toll on his run, otherwise there is a good chance this guy would still be at the top still.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This. Even with the loss to Cena, Brock is still perceived as a monster and with Heyman doing the talking, the WWE don't have anything close. Most of their heels either have that comedy or chicken shit effect, or they are jobbers. There's like Kane and the Big Show that have habitual monster runs and end up doing a lot of jobbing once the run has lasted for more than a month or 2 - nobody really takes these serious.

Mark Henry was the closest thing besides Lesnar, but injuries took their toll on his run, otherwise there is a good chance this guy would still be at the top still.
I think the loss to Cena hurt Brock a little bit. Yeah he is still a monster and I believe he is credible but I think most of us wanted to see Brock win over Cena just to see if WWE would book a heel right..but he lost. :no:

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
lol ziggler is not credible op did you not see his rumble match with punk.
I think he is pretty credible. It just depends on your definition of Credible (and in terms to the WWE). He performs great in all his matches. He has great, and consistent, heel behavior. He has won the US title, the WHC, and will no doubt win some other stuff. Plus, he is kafaybe banging Vickie. That's Heel tactics 101.

and like SteenisGod said, we need a Heel Main eventing. Triple H is a good example. But a heel with a title would be nice. Hopefully Brock (or a heel Cena) can get that shit done!

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Not as many as there could be.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think he is pretty credible. It just depends on your definition of Credible (and in terms to the WWE). He performs great in all his matches. He has great, and consistent, heel behavior. He has won the US title, the WHC, and will no doubt win some other stuff. Plus, he is kafaybe banging Vickie. That's Heel tactics 101.
But hes never been in a consistent feud and keeps on losing to Sheamus like its his job to get Brogued all over the place every week. If WWE would push the damn guy, put him in a good feud and give him some damn momentum.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
I think the loss to Cena hurt Brock a little bit. Yeah he is still a monster and I believe he is credible but I think most of us wanted to see Brock win over Cena just to see if WWE would book a heel right..but he lost. :no:
I definitely agree they should've had Brock win the match, if he loses to HHH, i seriously may stop watching lol. That being said, the WWE have nothing even close to Lesnar right now, it sucks that they couldn't get him to sign up for more matches, but I guess in a way it makes it a lot more interesting because the matches he is in are must watch material.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I think having stale Cena pin Lesnar right off the bat completely destroyed the Lesnar return. Its pointless now. 5 million just to feed him to Cena. I'd take that paycheck too, but damn what a waste of money by the WWE.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I define credibility as which level of the roster a certain wrestler can believably beat. No matter what the factors are. For example, if someone has a credibility of a main eventer, that means he can believably beat another main eventer.

For me the only ones who have main-eventer credibility is Lesnar, Kane, Mark Henry, and the Big Show. Lesnar has only been beaten by the biggest dog in the industry, that is John Cena. Even then he managed to terribly hurt him. That makes his credibility against Cena a little bit lowered, but then he can still hang with other main-eventers like Punk or Sheamus. Mark Henry was on a roll last year, Big Show just gained his heel power, and Kane has been showed to destroy Punk and Bryan. But none of them can believably beat Cena at this moment.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts