Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's always superstars who take a break from wrestling cause they're burnt out or something, but what about the writers?

Writing 52 shows a year(not including ppvs) has to be tiring, especially after doing that for several years. The Raw head writer has been there for quite some time so I'd imagine all the other writers have been there for awhile too.

WWE should either get new writers who bring fresh, new ideas to the WWE or just give the Raw writers a vacation or something. After writing shows for so much years, the writers should just be given a month or so off and then come back and start writing like they used to.

The writers now are the same ones that we had in 2003-2004 which was during a real great time for WWE with so many storylines and feuds going on, so it's not like they can't write at all, it seems like they just don't have any interest in writing.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I believe that every 2 years, they should try with some new writers. Once one person comes in, he brings new ideas in, and IMO the longest a storyline can work is for 2 years, so unless they have some awesome ones, they are virtually worthless.

·
Cutting promos on other Mc's...
3,118 Posts
If they earn the holidays then yes give them breaks. Also they need a probation period with new writers because no one can settle in straight away and a story line needsn time to develop. Not that i know how a writers room really works at WWE lol

·
Registered
995 Posts
No. They're still high.

ZING!

Get it? Get it? 8*D

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
03-04 was a real great time for the WWE?
Might not have been for you, but for me, WWE was good around then.

While you had main eventers like HHH,Angle,Taker ect you also had new guys coming up like Cena,Orton,Batista ect.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
To be honest, I appreciate not everything is perfect but I've preferred WWE in 2010 to any year since at least 2006 and possibly even earlier. I think it's been good.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'd think the writers were brunt out tbh. I find it hard enough on EWR with nothing riding on it, so I can only imagine hoe hard it is when your livelihood depends on it.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the writers were burnt out and it's understandable if they are. I did Media Writing at Uni, and after a couple of months of writing the same characters, you do just get sick of them. So these writers who have to write for the same characters month after month probably do get a little tired of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts