Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly, you know that whole "suspension of disbelief" and how everyone knows its a work but you see people like grown ass people saying stuff on facebook like "John Cena is going to win cause he has the best mat game and is stronger!" but sometimes ill pretend like I think its real to fuck with people so I present my question here; are the people who are posting these being serious or sarcastic?

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
They are just deep into Kayfabe. We took my girlfriends grandpa to meet the Big Show last month at a signing in town here and he asked him "Why haven't you taken your fist and crunch triple h's face with it!!"

Let them enjoy the product.

·
From parts unknown
23,274 Posts
I suppose it could depend on the age and knowledge about booking as a whole.

When I was about 11 (this was 92), I had a feeling that it was fake, but I used to think that they decided who was going to win during the match based on how well one was doing during the match.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I dunno. I'm sure there are some grown men who believe it's real. I'm sure some people are being sarcastic, and I'm sure some people are just having fun playing along.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Unfortunately for humanity i'm pretty sure a lot of them are being serious

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
You can still know it's fake but not shit like pushes, and all that bullshit. Then you have the clowns who are just pissed because of the message it sends their kids... :StephenA2

I would imagine there are less people who feel the need to say wrestling is fake nowadays as well.

Growing up back in the attitude era when it was popular as fuck, it was real annoying when you'd have all these teachers,older siblings, and fucking adults having to tell you wrestling is fake all the fucking time.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Lol the IWC are so fucking self righteous. Sure the people who post on fb are beyond retarded, but what do you expect, they wouldn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch. Its the fact that the IWC allow themselves to get worked about something on a weekly basis that makes me laugh at how hypocritical they are. Especially given the fact they love to show off the fact that they are smart to the business, yet constantly prove themselves to be nothing more than clueless marks.

Here's this weeks example http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/998857-chris-jericho-says-goodbye-wwe-responds-hhhs-jab.html

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
No. Don't do that. Don't even consider the possibility that those people are being ironic. Remember that the average person is really, really stupid. Like, REALLY stupid.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
There's nothing wrong being kayfabe, I think the reason a lot of people on here can't enjoy wrestling is because there too much of a smark.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
i hate,When im watching and my girlfriend starts talking shit about it being fact, like she cant believe i think its real, when I've told here a thousand times i know its fake.matter of fact IM the one who told HER it was fake because SHE was the one who that is was real at first.

Yea I dont speak wrestling on my facebook, i have a lot MMA buddies in my friends list sooo.....

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
I think in a way it's quite nice that there are still people immersed in kayfabe. You have to admit wrestling does lose something when you start worrying about the booking instead of worrying about the heels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts