Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at this years wrestlemania its a strong possiblity.

With Cena vs the Miz, most of the attention will lay on what will happen bewteen the rock and cena. I'm afraid to say it but Miz could just be a after thought. I think Swagger is losing to Santino on superstars now, so anything is possible. This could hurt miz in the long run

As for DelRio, wwe planted a seed that it could be a triple threat at wrestlemania, givin Edge and Christian's history, DelRio is just starting to get a bit of reaction. DelRio is going to be lost in this if Christian does get in the match.

· Registered
282 Posts
Sad as it is Miz will be an afterthought in this match, but his title run seems to have been a success and he is over. I genuinely think he should go over; Cena can cope with it and it would work wonders for Miz.

As for Del Rio, he's a veteran and has done well since coming in; he'll be fine imo.

· Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swagger was good, saw nothing wrong with his promos. Only one that I can remember was that trophy eagle one of him bragging, but promos aside Swagger is a great wrestler.

If DelRio and Miz get ignored and their crowd reactions start to die whats Mcmahon going to do. Theres alot of talent wrestlers that were over, yet screwed over eventually, Charlie Hass, Shelton, Carlito to name a few

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
No, not like Swagger. Definately not. Like Sheamus? Maybe, but not like Swagger. Swagger can barely even make it to Superstars at this point. He was a COMPLETE mistake in every sense of the word. ADR in particular should be safe. Royal Rumble winners aren't allowed to be busts.

I doubt they'll be pushed this heavily forever, however, the most likely scenario is, since WWE has gone this far with them, is that they'll remain very big heels on their brand for the forseeable future. These 2 are probably going to be at the very top of the youth movement, because from what I've been hearing, Vince thinks that Miz has the potential to be the new Cena (I don't know if that's true, but that's what I've heard), and Vince had been trying to sign Dos Caras Jr (ADR) for some time before the WWE got their hands on him, so he's been afforded a superpush to compensate for all that lost time. The fact that they're the ones who are headlining WrestleMania out of the whole bunch is a good sign for them.

If you're gonna worry about anybody, it should be Dolph Ziggler. If all goes well, there's your new Swagger. That guy isn't credible enough to beat a blindfolded man with 1 arm tied behind his back.

· Registered
167 Posts
del rio is here to stay, w/e it is, hes got it.
miz will lose to cena n prolly drop down into US championship rank
fued wif d.bryan

· Registered
2,476 Posts
NO. they have big plans for these two. since rey is likely leaving soon ADR will fill that void. and miz well he's currently champion on the A show not the B show unlike swagger.

· SWAG/SPICE
41,146 Posts
Swagger is a better Wrestler then Miz and a better promo cutter then Del Rio, but the thing is Swagger was caught in a very bad AND I DO MEAN VERY BAD booking frenzy. So no I don't think they will end up like Swagger, at least not the Miz that is.

· Registered
163 Posts
The Miz could fall a bit, but I can see him coming back. Alberto on the other hand has all the tools WWE has been looking for. If they didn't see anything in him, then he wouldn't be headlining Wrestlemania. Neither would Miz. Remember, Swagger never got to headline Wrestlemania. He was still a mid-carder in my eyes when he had the title, and he almost seems below that now. It's sad due to how athletic he is, but what can ya do.

· Registered
17 Posts
Swagger has been used poorly. THey should have given him Kurt Angles complete move set and gone from there. But Del Rio is a haas and will be hear a long time. Miz as long as he keeps towing the Vince party line will be here to but perhaps not as big. Vince does like those bigger guys over the smaller it seems.

· You're better than that Cole.
3,991 Posts
As much I don’t like it, Miz will certainly not end up like Jack Swagger, he will be perfectly fine. The fact that Miz is heading to Wrestlemania as the WWE Champion alone kills any of the possibility of becoming the next Swagger. Miz will not be heading to obscurity and for Del Rio, him winning the Royal Rumble which is such a huge sacrifice pretty sealed his fate of him being one of the major players for the WWE for years to come. Both men will not end up like Swagger unless they screw shit up for themselves politically or something.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
Simply put no but at the same time i do not see either Alberto Del Rio or The Miz as permanent main event wrestler's like people like John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, The Undertaker and Edge all are now. I could just as easily see both The Miz and Alberto Del Rio working in the mid card and wrestling for the Intercontinental/US title's in the same way that Chris Jericho moved up and down the card.

With Jack Swagger it was simply a case of WWE booking him all wrong as not only was he not ready to be World champion but he had absolutely no build what so ever going into WrestleMania 26 and his win in Money in the Bank was completely unexpected and i don't mean in a good way. If WWE had pushed Jack Swagger going into WrestleMania 26 and then not made him look weak almost immediately after beating Randy Orton at Extreme Rules then who know's how things could have turned out, remember that WWE were going to go with The Undertaker and Jack Swagger for the World title at SummerSlam last year before The Undertaker was injured so WWE had plans for him.

All that is needed for Jack Swagger now is a strong mid card title run like Dolph Ziggler had before feuding with Edge and then you have a credible main event wrestler in Jack Swagger again but it can not be rushed like before. My personal preference would be for Cody Rhodes to take the Intercontinental title from Kofi Kingston straight after WrestleMania as i think Cody Rhodes is a strong mid card title reign away from doing what Dolph Ziggler has just done but if WWE wanted to rebuild Jack Swagger then all they need to do is have him beat Kofi Kingston for the title and then go on a strong run.

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
I take Swagger seriously....until he talks.

I think ADR will be around for a long time. I think Miz will as well. I'm not so sure about Sthwagger.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.