Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Great One?..
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WWE is popular we all know that but does pretty much everyone know about it?

Like Brad Pitt we know he's popular, but I'm pretty sure there are millions of people that don't know him, I honestly can't say that about the WWE.

I honestly think If I were to go ask each one of my neighbours they would without a doubt know who John Cena is or that they have heard of him.

This is obviously excluding new borns and people that live in 3rd class countries and villages that have never even seen a TV.

Do you believe that Hogan/Cena/Rock are more known names than Brad Pitt?

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Re: Almost every single human knows about WWE?

This is obviously excluding new borns and people that live in 3rd class countries and villages that have never even seen a TV.
I'm pretty sure this would equally apply to Brad Pitt.

Every average American I think knows the organization WWE, they're too widespread, but that doesn't mean they know who John Cena is. Hell, some people still refer to it as "WWF".

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

Brad Pitt is definitely more known and popular than John Cena..

·
Registered
339 Posts

I could do a survey at my college and I guarantee a fair percentage will still think the company is called WWF. Sure people will know about it but the majority wouldn't be able to tell you much beyond the WWF days.

·
Great One?..
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That's exactly the statement that I disagree with, I don't think Brad Pitt is more known than John Cena, I really don't.

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts

With out a doubt..
I don't think everyone knows who John Cena is and what he does, and Brad Pitts star power is a lot higher then Cena's. You have to figure most people know about Brad Pitt, christ standing in line at the grocery store you are probably bound to see a magazine with Brad Pitt on it, not so much John Cena.

OP how many 50+ year old adults do you think know who John Cena is?

Now guys like The Rock, Stone Cold, and Hulk Hogan are different stories, I'm sure I could ask my neighbors and they most likely have heard one of those 3 names if not all.. Now I'm not so sure about Cena at this point in his career.

·
Great One?..
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I could do a survey at my college and I guarantee a fair percentage will still think the company is called WWF. Sure people will know about it but the majority wouldn't be able to tell you much beyond the WWF days.
True, but if you ask those same people if they know John Cena, they will likely say Yes or say they have heard of him.

·
Banned
821 Posts

Anyone that thinks that John freaking Cena is more known Worldwide than Brad Pitt is having a laugh or is just downright retarded

·
Banned
679 Posts
Re: Is John Cena more known than Brad Pitt?

he is, everyone in the world knows how untalented cena really is

·
Great One?..
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

Anyone that thinks that John freaking Cena is more known Worldwide than Brad Pitt is having a laugh or is just downright retarded
Ummm no. I have a few friends who are from Afghanistan, one of them told me that the whole city where he lived last summer were huge Cena marks and pretty much everyone watched WWE, I asked him you think those people know Brad Pitt, he told me most likely not as movies don't run on cable TV and not many infact even watch Hollywood movies, that says a lot on WWE and Cena's popularity.

In America no doubt Pitt is more popular but in the world I don't even think if Pitt stands a chance tbh.

You gotta take countries like Japan, China, Sri Lanka (etc), into consideration my friend.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts

^I completely agree with this, maybe not the phrasing, OP are you high? No way is Cena more known than Brad Pitt.

·
Great One?..
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Is Hulk Hogan more known than Brad Pitt?

Well not just Cena, overall any top WWE star being more popular than a movie star would say a lot on WWE's popularity.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

.....SMH... WOW.

Really????? This has to be a joke right? lmfao.

Get out of the internet forum bubble for a minute. Brad Pitt is one of the biggest celebrities on the planet and has been for over 20 years; constantly publicized, pretty much hailed as a sex symbol by millions of women, and in all actuality is a pretty damn good actor with many cult and blockbuster hits.

I went to dinner with a friend the other week and she didn't even know who John Cena was, and she's a twentysomething (She knew who The Rock and Austin were btw)

And I'll bet that Worldwide this applies too.

That said, Cena and moreso the WWE as a whole are definitely known worldwide, because the company has expanded to a worldwide brand (as another poster has said)

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts

IIRC Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were ranked in the top 20s of most influential people in the world(Even outbeating Oprah motha fuckin Winfrey at one point). Its debatable if Cena is even in the top 300 never mind top 20.

Starpower wise
Brad Pit > > > > Hogan/Rock > Austin > > > > > John Cena

When you beat Oprah Winfrey in terms of influence, you know your big.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Please close this thread. LOL Cena more famous than Brad Pitt? haha. My sister and parents have no idea who john cena is, but jesus they no Brad Pitt. And i live in toronto lol

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
I think Brad Pitt is more known.

Despite what people on this forum think Hulk Hogan is relatively as popular as John Cena, which is the equivalent to being Jonathan Ogden, once the premier offensive tackle in the NFL. Rock, Austin, HBK, Mankind & Triple H are just slightly more popular but no where near Brad Pitt.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.