Wrestling Forum banner

Are energy drinks good for getting rid of a cold

18042 17
hey so after looking at 5 or 6 websites on how to get rid of a cold only 1 said about energy drinks so was just woundering if any of you think they are good for helping you?

Any feedback would be great thanks :)
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well you need rest when sick, energy drinks keep you up.
So IMO no they aren't.
ya know thats what i was thinking but one of my mates seemed to think i was stupid for not knowing if they were good or not. He seemed to think they are and that everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. hmm

· Now THAT is a shared moment...
6,321 Posts
ya know thats what i was thinking but one of my mates seemed to think i was stupid for not knowing if they were good or not. He seemed to think they are and that everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. hmm
You'll often find that idiots often take this stance.

It's possible that energy drinks might be able to help with the healing process with some of the ingredients they have in them, but you can get those same ingredients from other foods/vitamins/etc that won't keep you awake and will allow you to get the rest you need.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
hey so after looking at 5 or 6 websites on how to get rid of a cold only 1 said about energy drinks so was just woundering if any of you think they are good for helping you?

Any feedback would be great thanks :)
The two things that will help you fight a cold effectively are keeping warm (since the viruses prefer cooler tempratures) and replacing th efluids lost through coughing, sneezing and a runny nose. Energy drinks will help the latter to an extent but sports drinks would be better since most energy drinks are slightly diuretic. Then again, water, milk or squash/cordial would do the same thing.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
Best way to cure a cold is lots and lots of water drinking and hot showers/baths with all windows/doors shut. Take a few tissues though because that shit will pour out of your nose.

· Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,155 Posts
It won't fix your throat, if that's a problem, but a hairdryer to the face can work wonders...Not ECW style, obviously. Blow the hairdryer across the nose and cheekbone region, keeping it moving. Clears your head right up.

· Now THAT is a shared moment...
6,321 Posts
It won't fix your throat, if that's a problem, but a hairdryer to the face can work wonders...Not ECW style, obviously. Blow the hairdryer across the nose and cheekbone region, keeping it moving. Clears your head right up.
I've never heard that before. I'll definitly be trying that next time.

· "Ingrato De Chicago"
1,042 Posts
Drink REAL orange juice (non of that 5% juice or sunny delight shit) with pulp. Drink 3 glassfulls of that shit. You can also try V8 Fusion (has a fruit flavor, with all the veggie benefits as well). You want to get rid of it, not mask it (Robitussin DM, over the counter med shit)

Sore throat? Tequila is your friend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.