Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
As a gay wrestling fan I think it’s good the cat fights are gone. Now, I’m not a fan of female wrestling, the quality is poor and it’s full of monotonous drones that couldn’t pull off a punter let alone a decent match. BUT! Cat fights degrade women and as a gay man I think that’s wrong

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,056 Posts
Lana and Liv just had one a few weeks back, but generally speaking catfights are a little outdated at this point. It wouldn't make sense with the current women's division.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,523 Posts
They're pretty much gone, and the neutered modern fan base wouldn't like them anyway. Re-watch Lana and Liv tussling at the "wedding"; the crowd was dead silent. They'd rather see women botching basic moves and Charlotte nearly killing poor Kairi. Wrestling in 2020, folks!

·
Registered
543 Posts
And besides all the good catfighters Missy Hyatt, Sherri Martel, Francine etc are either dead or retired although Zelna Vega and Maria Kanelles are pretty scrappy.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Are cat fights even a thing in media anymore? Feels like a fad from 20 years ago.... Maybe in some World Star hip hop brawls but the whole two chicks rolling on the floor, pulling each other's hair thing while dudebros shout cat fight. Seems like a cliché from the 90s/2000s.

A catfight is just a fight between women so technically they're still a thing.
Not really, while a lot of fights between women might be cat fights, simply women fighting aren't. Cat fights are the sterotypical way women who don't know how to fight, fight. Rolling on the floor, pulling each other's hair, scratching, slapping and making a lot of screeching sounds. Basically how it looks like when cats fight.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
catfights are the equivalent of the men oiling eachother up

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,523 Posts
If this was your anticipatory reason for watching WWF/WWE Raw for 2 hours 20-25 years ago then you really missed out on some Saturday nights at the bars.
Yep, that pesky Monday night show interfering with Saturday night socializing.

I swear, some of you people aren’t even trying anymore.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.