Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Havamaniac #2
6,019 Posts
Really lame. If you have an iPhone 4 already it is not worth upgrading. I will wait until next year when Apple releases something that is actually a worthwhile upgrade. More memory, a better camera, and 1080p video are not enough to get me to buy a new iPhone. They seem to be marketing IOS 5 a lot with this phone as a selling point but my iPhone 4 can get it so oh boy.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Really disappointed with it because I have a 3GS and my contract is about up, and I don't fancy getting locked into a 2 year contract(practically every smartphone) when they will probably drop an iPhone 5 next year anyway, absolutely sucks.

No idea why people like Siri so much, voice control of a phone is one of the stupidest fucking ideas I've ever seen. Voice control is useful handsfree and thats it, if I'm in a crowded room and I want to text someone I'm gonna get it out and say the text out loud? Ridiculous. I'm all for voice control, but of things like household appliances, the novelty wears off of voice control really quickly, even if it's good, usually because it's impractical.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
This was the worst upgrade they've released. As a current iPhone 4 user, I see absolutely nothing that would make me want to upgrade. My phone already runs at lightning speed with multiple apps running, so no need for the processor upgrade (which they seemed to use as the selling point). No physical changes and no screen size increase.

The only way I'll be using a 4S is if one magically appears in my hand.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Underwhelming. I like the Sprint announcement though, looking forward to the iPhone 5 for Sprint. However, my contract is up in April next year and I'd rather not wait to upgrade. So, I'll probably stick with Android another 2 years after my contract runs out.

·
Banned
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Underwhelming. I like the Sprint announcement though, looking forward to the iPhone 5 for Sprint. However, my contract is up in April next year and I'd rather not wait to upgrade. So, I'll probably stick with Android another 2 years after my contract runs out.
What do you have now?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Meh could care less. My contract is up this month and I plan on getting a Windows phone, hopefully the HTC Titan/eternity if it indeed released this month. I already have and android tablet and any game worth getting is available on android. Any productivity apps are not going to be a problem for a windows phone either.

Only reason the iPhone 4s is going to sell is customer loyalty, like my brother who has the 4 he already wants the 4s.

·
21st century schizoid man
1,897 Posts
Anyone heard any rumors as to when the iphone5 may be released? My current contract runs out in may. I currently have a blackeberry curve handset which i just bought because i lost my HTC nexus. HTC was good but i don't think i'd be going back to it. I'm very tempted to get the new blackberry bold as it looks pretty impressive and would like the touch screen and normal keypad that they have.

But i'd really ruddy love the iphone 5, mostly because i don't have an ipod at the moment and that will save me buying a phone and ipod. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
iPad 2, I love mine. And from what you seem to want out of an iDevice, it would be perfect.
Not really into tablets. Don't really see much of a point to them aside from a larger screen. 4.3 inches is enough for me tbh.

If your not into games and apps, then any high quality smart phone is good enough
Well, I rooted my Evo a few months ago which really opened it up and kind of made it interesting again. I'd say the hardware is more important to me than software so yeah, a high end smartphone (tegra/dual core/whatever) would do. And the reason I was leaning toward getting an iPhone 5 (had it come out) was primarily to check out iOS, I might actually end up getting the 4S if the specs can keep up with whatever is around in April-May. Main reason I might not is because the iPhone 5 will probably be around the corner by then.

Love Android though, so I have no issue upgrading to another HTC device (with Beats hopefully) or perhaps a Samsung device (Galaxy 2/Nexus).

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I also think that the iphone 4s is a waste of money if you are coming from 4g. The new iphone 4s only impress feature is obviously the processor other than that nothing really special that it came with. Apple better step up there game because competition is rough and with nokia (trying to get back the thrown) the iphone 5g better be very hot. Although there will always be the fan boys that can't accept a product when its losing it. Apple is hot very great product love the ipod touch I use it for so many things however if apple doesnt step it up they will lose market share within time.

·
Banned
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone heard any rumors as to when the iphone5 may be released? My current contract runs out in may. I currently have a blackeberry curve handset which i just bought because i lost my HTC nexus. HTC was good but i don't think i'd be going back to it. I'm very tempted to get the new blackberry bold as it looks pretty impressive and would like the touch screen and normal keypad that they have.

But i'd really ruddy love the iphone 5, mostly because i don't have an ipod at the moment and that will save me buying a phone and ipod. Any suggestions?
I heard October 14? not usre though

1 - 20 of 38 Posts