Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought they might have made her a permanent interviewer but apparently she is still working as a wrestler as she was tagging with Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch and Dana Brooke. I wonder if Jojo is still training to wrestle as well.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Re: Apparently Devin Taylor wrestled tonight

I recently watched a couple videos on youtube of the girls with sara amato at the pc from sometime last year and she was among one of them, so maybe so. didn't see jojo though.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I've been curious if Lana had any wrestling training. I would love Sara Amato to take Lana under her wing & turn her into a strong, exciting "Russian" force. LANA CRUSH! lol

·
Premium Member
13,687 Posts
Yeah, she wrestles on house shows from time to time. When she appeared on The Bachelor a little while ago, it listed her occupation as "WWE Diva in Training".

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
This is good news. I can envision Rusev and Lana holding championships side-by-side.
I don't know how long they will keep her with him. I can't imagine they want her to keep the whole Lana/Russian accent thing going for much longer. My guess is once Rusev is established and used to doing promos on his own they will make her disappear for a while(prolly to NXT) then she'll come back with her own gimmick.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I don't know how long they will keep her with him. I can't imagine they want her to keep the whole Lana/Russian accent thing going for much longer. My guess is once Rusev is established and used to doing promos on his own they will make her disappear for a while(prolly to NXT) then she'll come back with her own gimmick.
Lana already has a gimmick and she's very good on the mic. Often the most difficult task is finding a successful gimmick for a performer.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Lana already has a gimmick and she's very good on the mic. Often the most difficult task is finding a successful gimmick for a performer.
It will get old though(already is to me). If she's that good on the mic with a Russian accent, imagine how good she can be without one...

Also, when you're an INSANELY hot woman...you really don't need much of a gimmick

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I knew Devin worked on matches during the summer with Carmella but I thought they might have given up on her in that department when she stop working live events until last night. I believe she was in the same signing group as Alexa Bliss and Alexa debuted almost a year ago; so Devin is really behind.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
As mentioned, Taylor has wrestled several times before, as things stand she will probably be the next Diva to debut after Dana Brooke. I'm surprised that they've never had JoJo wrestle TBH given that she has experience on the main roster and was supposed to be pretty good in-ring compared to the other rookie Divas, I guess they feel like she's too valuable to NXT as a host/ring announcer.

The bigger story here is that Baron Corbin main-evented the show and went over Neville as a heel.

·
Premium Member
13,687 Posts
As mentioned, Taylor has wrestled several times before, as things stand she will probably be the next Diva to debut after Dana Brooke. I'm surprised that they've never had JoJo wrestle TBH given that she has experience on the main roster and was supposed to be pretty good in-ring compared to the other rookie Divas, I guess they feel like she's too valuable to NXT as a host/ring announcer.

The bigger story here is that Baron Corbin main-evented the show and went over Neville as a heel.
I could be wrong, but I think JoJo's last house show match was in May 2014.

Devin was hired from the same tryout that included JoJo, Eva and Lana.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think JoJo's last house show match was in May 2014.

Devin was hired from the same tryout that included JoJo, Eva and Lana.
Yeah, my bad, looks like JoJo made one appearance as a wrestler in May 2014, which seems to be her only in-ring action since leaving the main roster and Total Divas. Again, it seems pretty strange that she hasn't been used more considering she got a good pop at Survivor Series 2013.

Looks like they were trying out a couple of new things at last night's house show, in addition to Taylor's match and Corbin main eventing they also had a rare appearance from Hugo Knox and Tucker Knight made his in-ring debut as part of Shoot Nation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts