Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Or it was a way to get Buddy a title. Now Rollins can build on his Messiah complex even more. He took someone who gave up on themselves, Buddy could not defeat Black and he really began questioning himself. Rollins can now show what he has done for Murphy as a point to prove to others what backing him can do

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
AOP didn't exactly impress in their initial run on RAW. I don't blame WWE for being hesitant about putting the titles on them, Rollins and Murphy are a better option.

·
Registered
164 Posts
AOP didn't exactly impress in their initial run on RAW. I don't blame WWE for being hesitant about putting the titles on them, Rollins and Murphy are a better option.
I think if you keep them from having matches on their own and just using them as muscle that they can get over more that way. Then start having matches once they hit a certain point.

·
IRAN #1
2,304 Posts
AOP are the bodyguards of the group.. Bodyguards don't get title matches, that's going to be reserved for Rollins and Murphy.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Makes perfect sense if they have an plan where AOP turns on Rollins and Buddy in mind for down the road.

Of course, this is the WWE and they don't even have a plan yet for the Rumble on Sunday..

·
Registered
760 Posts
Two reasons for this:

1. To get Buddy Murphy a title, and to show the effects that joining up with Seth Rollins can give.
2. Seth Rollins is the embodiment of a cult leader, cult leaders don't give a damn about their followers so of course Rollins wants to hold a title. AOP are just the muscle/heavy of the group.

·
Team AEW
2,913 Posts
This whole faction is pretty stupid. By the looks of it, Murphy and Rollins should hunt for the singles titles and AOP for tag titles, but instead this anti-climactic stuff happens. Why's AOP even with Rollins anyway, they're just bodyguards? That doesn't make them look good. There should be immediate tension in their group just based on that title win. And if Rollins is the savior he needs to aim higher than tag titles. Not that I'm complaining, because I don't want to see him in main events. But this faction just screams midcard at best, especially now.

To be fair, WWE are not the only ones doing this. AEW tried to pull the same stuff a couple of months ago with Jericho and Sammy going to challenge for tag titles instead of Santana and Ortiz, but at least they didn't give them the belts.

·
Registered
760 Posts
This whole faction is pretty stupid. By the looks of it, Murphy and Rollins should hunt for the singles titles and AOP for tag titles, but instead this anti-climactic stuff happens. Why's AOP even with Rollins anyway, they're just bodyguards? That doesn't make them look good. There should be immediate tension in their group just based on that title win. And if Rollins is the savior he needs to aim higher than tag titles. Not that I'm complaining, because I don't want to see him in main events. But this faction just screams midcard at best, especially now.

To be fair, WWE are not the only ones doing this. AEW tried to pull the same stuff a couple of months ago with Jericho and Sammy going to challenge for tag titles instead of Santana and Ortiz, but at least they didn't give them the belts.
It makes complete sense alongside the whole idea that Rollins is the Messiah. As most cult leaders do, they don't care about those that follow them, they only care about themselves, so of course naturally, Rollins wants to get as much gold around his waist as he can, that's why he went after the belts and won them with Murphy. Another reason Rollins would do this is to prove to people that aligning with him automatically sees results (Murphy winning the tag titles after one week under the guidance of Rollins). I know people wanted to see AOP win the title which they will soon enough because Rollins & Murphy aren't gonna hold them long, but it goes well with Seth's character.

·
Team AEW
2,913 Posts
It makes complete sense alongside the whole idea that Rollins is the Messiah. As most cult leaders do, they don't care about those that follow them, they only care about themselves, so of course naturally, Rollins wants to get as much gold around his waist as he can, that's why he went after the belts and won them with Murphy. Another reason Rollins would do this is to prove to people that aligning with him automatically sees results (Murphy winning the tag titles after one week under the guidance of Rollins). I know people wanted to see AOP win the title which they will soon enough because Rollins & Murphy aren't gonna hold them long, but it goes well with Seth's character.
I get all that, I've read your previous post. This move just has many flaws. Why isn't AOP mad at this, like what is their goal anyway? Maybe Akam is gonna challenge Brock, lol? Murphy needed a big win, no doubt. The choices were - put him over Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, IC champ Andrade. KO and Joe are feuding with them, so it would make sense, but it's clear that Vince wouldn't want to do that, because Murphy is simply not as big as Joe or Owens, and to be fair he doesn't deserve the win over any of these guys. Andrade is a heel and in a different feud, so they wouldn't do it either. The options are very limited, so they went with the kinda-stupid one, because Murphy needed something. But imo it turned out for the worst. AOP looks bad now, Rollins looks bad because he doesn't have ambitions to win a singles gold, and Murphy is the only one really winning in this situation. Although, even him, IMO going back to tag teaming... idk,of course you'd rather tag with Seth Rollins than Wesley Blake, but it's still a step down.

It's not even that serious of a move. Like you said - they'll probably just lose the belts right away. But you know, that move just shows how bad WWE is. They can't figure out what to do, so they did something stupid, just for it to be done. It shows they don't have any plans, especially for tag team division, which is treated like shit, and will continue to be treated like shit in the future.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,454 Posts
I get all that, I've read your previous post. This move just has many flaws. Why isn't AOP mad at this, like what is their goal anyway? Maybe Akam is gonna challenge Brock, lol? Murphy needed a big win, no doubt. The choices were - put him over Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, IC champ Andrade. KO and Joe are feuding with them, so it would make sense, but it's clear that Vince wouldn't want to do that, because Murphy is simply not as big as Joe or Owens, and to be fair he doesn't deserve the win over any of these guys. Andrade is a heel and in a different feud, so they wouldn't do it either. The options are very limited, so they went with the kinda-stupid one, because Murphy needed something. But imo it turned out for the worst. AOP looks bad now, Rollins looks bad because he doesn't have ambitions to win a singles gold, and Murphy is the only one really winning in this situation. Although, even him, IMO going back to tag teaming... idk,of course you'd rather tag with Seth Rollins than Wesley Blake, but it's still a step down.

It's not even that serious of a move. Like you said - they'll probably just lose the belts right away. But you know, that move just shows how bad WWE is. They can't figure out what to do, so they did something stupid, just for it to be done. It shows they don't have any plans, especially for tag team division, which is treated like shit, and will continue to be treated like shit in the future.
You're looking at this as a bad move because it makes the whole group look ambitionless, Seth and Buddy don't need to chase after single's titles now and AOP look like they are cool with having nothing, but what if they Free Bird the titles? Or what if Seth and Buddy just give them the titles when the time is right for them to pursue single's titles?

In a non kayfabe perspective the US and WHC are both being held by heels currently and WWE hates to do heel vs heel, Andrade could drop his title to Murphy in a triple threat any time on Raw but Lesnar can't lose his title until WM and then Seth has to beat whoever Brock drops it to. It would've looked weird for AOP to be the only ones in the group holding gold until after WM, it also would've looked bad if in 4 months this power group didn't win any gold.

·
Team AEW
2,913 Posts
You're looking at this as a bad move because it makes the whole group look ambitionless, Seth and Buddy don't need to chase after single's titles now and AOP look like they are cool with having nothing, but what if they Free Bird the titles? Or what if Seth and Buddy just give them the titles when the time is right for them to pursue single's titles?

In a non kayfabe perspective the US and WHC are both being held by heels currently and WWE hates to do heel vs heel, Andrade could drop his title to Murphy in a triple threat any time on Raw but Lesnar can't lose his title until WM and then Seth has to beat whoever Brock drops it to. It would've looked weird for AOP to be the only ones in the group holding gold until after WM, it also would've looked bad if in 4 months this power group didn't win any gold.
Free birding the titles would actually be a nice thing in this case. If say Viking Raiders challenge Rollins and Murphy for the rematch, and Rollins tells AOP to defend the titles for them - it would really be something new, or at least "recently enough", if that makes sense. Well, then they should all be in the books as tag team champions, but in fact I doubt they will be. But I actually want to wait a week and see if Rollins addresses the issue on the next RAW, because this is a huge elephant in the room.

Non-kayfabe stuff is pretty clear, I understand all that, but the casuals can easily look at all of this and say: "I can't suspend my disbelief that much". Why should AOP wait until they give them the titles, when they can just beat their tiny asses and take them? You remember when Rollins first turned, there was this little moment, I saw on Youtube, where he threw his jacket at one of the AOP guys to just hold it? Idk, who that was, Akam or Rezar, but that guy looked at him like he wanted to fuck him up. It's funny, because that's exactly what AOP has eventually become - guys who carry his stuff. Good heat, I guess.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts