Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Casuals go to the show to enjoy it and just have fun. The comic book type hardcore fans go there to "show vince" and try to hijack the shows. The comic book fans will be all you hear at most arenas because they are there just to make a point because they have no life
You had good logic until you tried to give reasons for what they do, reasons that you have no clue about "they have no life". Maybe they care about the product? Maybe there are reasons too numerous to mention. Either way, I think it's clear, Reigns isn't suited to be the face of the company. At least not as a face character. I have a bad feeling Rollins will be teaming with him soon in another attempt to gain crowd support.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Im talking prior to his matches with AJ naturally.

like that 5 stars insta classic he had with Triple H

Face it marks, Roman needs AJ to carry him to a decent match, hes only as good as his opponent is, sometimes it works (like with AJ) and sometimes it doesnt (like HHH)
I can only imagine the 5 star classics we could get on the main event scene if WWE's FOTC was as talented as AJ.
You forgot to explain why AJ had 3 bad matches with Jericho but his first against THE GUY was an instant classic. Takes two to tango

Lol,instant classic? Are you talking about the match with a thousand false finishes and kickouts. It was a spotfest, take out the fact that the match got restarted and that it had more interferences then an attitude era main event with McMahon, and the match doesn't even touch 3.5 stars.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
OP is correct.

Styles needs to make Reigns look great, so that the management starts thinking highly of putting him in a prominent main event position on the card.

Reigns is going to get pushed irrespective of all these factors. So, Styles needs Reigns more than the other way round.
I think you're exactly right. I wasn't happy with AJ's program with Jericho, but when he faced Roman at Payback, both those guys brought their A game. Styles' role here, unless you're a fool, is gonna be making Reigns look good. It was an amazing match. I'd have liked it better without the McMahon BS, but they kept the crowd into it both times. I'm happy with this feud, so far.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
It's more like the other way around in all honesty.

The vast majority were into Styles well before he came into the company, he started off a little slowly but the feud with Jericho got more people invested in him, and he's still got loads of fan support now. If you don't like Styles that's up to you, but you're not speaking for most people there.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Still sold out the biggest wrestlemania ever and got them 1.8 million network subs though didnt it :grin2:
I mean for 1 it wasn't sold out and for 2 500k of them were free subscriptions and 3 anyone could of been apart of that biggest wrestle mania ever.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
I do think there is something to be said about AJ's best match coming against Reigns. Their styles blended beautifully, and Roman certainly did his part. Anyone heaping all of the credit on AJ is failing to acknowledge that he has worked with superior performers since arriving, and has yet to produce a matchup this good.

That said, I do think this is a case of them both needing each other. AJ was already picking up some steam, but his placement in the main event opposite Roman, who right now is as absolute heat magnet, rallys his fanbase around him in a way that no other superstar could currently. On the flipside, Roman benefits from being in there with a world class performer, and gets to put on a hell of a show in his first title defense.

Step away from the smark googles for a moment. No average fan is going to walk out of that match thinking less of either man. They don't care who carried who, or what the pecking order is backstage. They just want to see a good fight, and that's exactly what they got. There's no need to try to discredit either guy in an effort to prop up the other. Kudos to both men.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Maybe that cool Dude should admit Styles should be champion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Anyone want to admit styles needs reigns?

Well Styles is the top face right now, and Reigns is the biggest heel (intended or not).

Matches always mean so much more when the audience has a clear favourite who they want to win.

So in that sense I guess they do need each other right now. I don't think any other two guys on the roster could do what these two are doing any better. They have the perfect ying and yang.
Styles is defiantly not the top face, The New Day is by far, that said AJ is not getting big pop on Raw i mean even Zack Ryder had more of a reaction.

·
Registered
20,767 Posts
Well to me it's obvious that it's the other way around. Reigns needs top performers to compete against. We can debate all day who's watching at home, but in a lot of those arenas we have kids, moms, and Wrestling fans buying those tickets.
Why are kids and mom's excluded from being wrestling fans? As if kids aren't fans or like parents who take their kids to the show couldn't have possibly started to like the show or certain wrestlers on it?

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
More like Roman needs AJ and more fan favorites like AJ because Roman is not liked enough to be the top babyface in the feud. So they are going to have to keep putting him in feuds with fan favorites.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not a reigns hater nor do I like him. But I do like Styles. I always have followed his career for 15 years. He is the real deal in the ring, his mic work is not the best, but who is? The match a payback was probably the best match I have enjoyed involving Reigns, but it was chorographed like all wwe matches are now. It never used to be like that, they were told a few spots and make up the rest. But now? It's all chorographed from every punch to clothesline blah blah. But regardless of the size between the two, they did have good chemistry, but to be honest AJ has good chemistry with almost anybody, Roman does not, he is still green that way, he is not a Cena who love him or hate him had good chemistry with almost anybody. AJ could sell Gillberg or the Brooklyn brawler if he wanted, Roman could not.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts

I call bullsh*t.

AJ has helped Reigns to one of only a handful of good genuine one on one matches he has had.

Reigns has to be put in the ring with solid workers to make him look decent.

You can't have a good match with someone completely carrying it but you can if someone takes the brunt of the work and co-ordinates the match the way it should be done.

If anything it's the other way about imo. Reigns needs workers to perform.

AJ doesn't need anybody. He could play a game of thumb war with himself and I'd be hooked, that's THE difference.
People are not giving Reigns the credit he deserves with this match. He played a big role in making the match as good as it was. He carried himself well and proved he was capable of doing what it took to put on a good match. I do think AJ played a bigger part in making it great, but it's not nearly as big as people think. At this point, I think it's 60/40 in favor of Styles, if not 55/45.

·
Daddy's Home
2,929 Posts
Casuals go to the show to enjoy it and just have fun. The comic book type hardcore fans go there to "show vince" and try to hijack the shows. The comic book fans will be all you hear at most arenas because they are there just to make a point because they have no life
Where do you come up with this stuff?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Why do people reply to these trolls? It's always the same story.. They bring a controversial topic up, you give and an argument and they refute it, you give an other one and they refute it. This gets repeated for 20 pages and nothing is achieved, but the troll getting a kick for winding you up.
It's sad.

No one on this forum can admit when someone with an opposing viewpoint has a legitimate point, and vice versa, and it continues ad naseum.

But people really need to start giving Reigns credit. He's leaps and bounds better than Cena in the ring, especially with pacing and story telling.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY on the roster could have done what Reigns did. Few, if any, could have done what Styles did.
Pure utter bullshit, especially since one of the things Reigns was doing to near perfection is something 90% of the roster doesn't do now a days.

Lol,instant classic? Are you talking about the match with a thousand false finishes and kickouts. It was a spotfest, take out the fact that the match got restarted and that it had more interferences then an attitude era main event with McMahon, and the match doesn't even touch 3.5 stars.
You clearly don't know what a spotfest is if you thought Reigns/Styles was a spotfest.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts

People are not giving Reigns the credit he deserves with this match. He played a big role in making the match as good as it was. He carried himself well and proved he was capable of doing what it took to put on a good match. I do think AJ played a bigger part in making it great, but it's not nearly as big as people think. At this point, I think it's 60/40 in favor of Styles, if not 55/45.
That's crazy man.

Who did you think the 2 pauses in the match were for? Who had to catch their breathe? Who looked gassed?

If you look back I did state it takes two guys to make a good match but Styles easily carried it. Look at HHH vs Reigns more recently as an example of what it's like when Reigns doesn't have a guy to guide him through it.

You shouldn't have to HELP a guy along when he's WWE champion. You should only have that accolade when you are ready to stand on your own 2 feet.

81 - 100 of 196 Posts