Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Re: Anyone want to admit styles needs reigns?

So how come Styles' matches with Jericho and Zayn recently haven't been as good as his match with Reigns? That match was amazing. Even Austin said that the Payback match was the best WWE match he has seen in years. He didn't say the same about any of Styles' previous matches. So it must've been what Reigns brought to the match that Zayn and Jericho didn't or couldn't.

So when you say Reigns had nothing to do with it, and it was all Styles, you come across as one of those blind haters that are ignoring obvious evidence in an effort to try and discredit Reigns.

:jericho2
Are Reigns marks incapable of reading? I said AJ carried most of the match not all. I specifically said "it takes 2 guys to have a good match".

I swear Reigns fans ain't happy unless you are trying to lick his ass and pander and say everything he does is great but I'm sorry but the world doesn't work like that.

I enjoyed the match but it wasn't even the best match on the card never mind the last few years.

Zayn vs Owens was MOTN by some distance. They didn't need breathers or gimmicks to enhance it at all.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
@ReignMaker I'd agree that AJ's match with Roman was better than any of his matches with Jericho but is it really fair to compare TV matches with PPV matches? Everyone tries to go the extra mile during PPV's. Especially in main event title matches. AJ's Raw match with Zayn was great and I'm sure they could blow it out of the park if given another chance on PPV.

Anyway after re-watching the match I have to give Roman more credit than I did the first time around. His timing was great and he played his part well even if I still think AJ had to do most of the work.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #183

Are Reigns marks incapable of reading? I said AJ carried most of the match not all. I specifically said "it takes 2 guys to have a good match".

I swear Reigns fans ain't happy unless you are trying to lick his ass and pander and say everything he does is great but I'm sorry but the world doesn't work like that.

I enjoyed the match but it wasn't even the best match on the card never mind the last few years.

Zayn vs Owens was MOTN by some distance. They didn't need breathers or gimmicks to enhance it at all.
Zayn vs Owens was trash. Just a typical spot fest match with zero physcology and selling as usual. Go watch Shawn Michaels wrestle and see how to actually wrestle. Sami zayn is awful. Shawn Michaels vs HHH at summerslam 2002. Notice how they actually do realistic long peroids with one dude working another dude over. They dont just exhcange moves for 15 minutes and call it a match.

Then when HBK starts to come back he does so slowly. He doesnt get beat down for 10 minutes and then hit one move and start charging around the ring like nothing happened. Zayn and almost the entire indy-inspired wwe roster does this currently. Shawn Michaels hits 1 move and still HHH gets up before him because HBK is selling not gassed). Then he hits another move and they get up at the same time. Then he hits another move and gradually takes control of the match.

That is what a world class "worker" is. Not sami zayn who just does spot feast matches where he just exhcanges moves with kevin owens and neither of them ever seem to get hurt.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts

Zayn vs Owens was trash. Just a typical spot fest match with zero physcology and selling as usual. Go watch Shawn Michaels wrestle and see how to actually wrestle. Sami zayn is awful. Shawn Michaels vs HHH at summerslam 2002. Notice how they actually do realistic long peroids with one dude working another dude over. They dont just exhcange moves for 15 minutes and call it a match.

Then when HBK starts to come back he does so slowly. He doesnt get beat down for 10 minutes and then hit one move and start charging around the ring like nothing happened. Zayn and almost the entire indy-inspired wwe roster does this currently. Shawn Michaels hits 1 move and still HHH gets up before him because HBK is selling not gassed). Then he hits another move and they get up at the same time. Then he hits another move and gradually takes control of the match.

That is what a world class "worker" is. Not sami zayn who just does spot feast matches where he just exhcanges moves with kevin owens and neither of them ever seem to get hurt.
I stopped reading your novel after you said there was no selling. Zayn is arguably the most believable seller in the industry today.

If it doesn't work for you that's fine but you reference HBK as if he's the only top class wrestler to have ever lived.

Angle was once and still is labelled (by some) a spot monkey and it didn't do him any harm. Whilst I disagree Zayn is a spot monkey you are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it may be.

By looking at your posts and opinions it's easy to see why you are received so negatively by many. Reigns uber marks are so annoying on here these days.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
AJ vs. Jericho at Wrestlemania- ***3/4 (really brought it with a higher pace and better fluidity, many unique spots and you could tell they had been working hard at matching each other's style. Neck and neck with the Divas for MOTN)

AJ vs. Reigns at Payback- ***3/4 (great action bumped down a peg with the McMahon fuckery. I get why it was there, but it stalled the drama when I think both were capable of doing it themselves, with maybe just the Bullet Club involvement. That Phenomenal Forearm through the table belongs on highlight reels for years... which, by the way was down to Styles)
Seriously?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Apart from their match I'm not that entertained. Especially when they mix Usos too and make it a Family issue, it's just too cringeworthy and been done for most of last year.

·
Registered
357 Posts

So your expert IWC armchair quarterback analysis is more valid than that of Legendary Stone Cold Steve Austin, who said it WAS the best WWE match he's has seen in years?

:hano

·
Registered
357 Posts

It wouldn't even crack AJ's top 100...
What's your point? That Styles' best WWE so far isn't his close to his best work? Cool! Totally agree.

Was there anything else?

·
Baby Yoda
29,322 Posts

What's your point? That Styles' best WWE so far isn't his close to his best work? Cool! Totally agree.

Was there anything else?
Roman's best ever match doesn't even rank in AJ's top 100 and I'm being generous there. It might not be in his top 250 for all we know.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Styles/Zayn weren't given 30 minutes. Jericho's was bad because Jericho is way past his prime. Jericho hasn't had a good match with anybody in the longest time. AJ/Owens was awesome and they only got like 15 minutes with a couple of commercials. Roman is given an advantage over others guys when it comes to match quality because his matches are longer than anyone else's since it's in the main event.
So you're saying that Reigns' booking and place on the card was the reason the match was good?

Pretty sure that's what 99% of the crybaby Reigns haters are criticising...

·
Baby Yoda
29,322 Posts

So you're saying that Reigns' booking and place on the card was the reason the match was good?

Why on earth would give away his best work in free matches or pointless rivalries? He knows when to get his shit in, AJ leaves his best for the big stage.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Roman's best ever match doesn't even rank in AJ's top 100 and I'm being generous there. It might not be in his top 250 for all we know.
So while we're discussing the fact that Reigns contributed to a match that Austin says is the best WWE match he has seen in years, you just dropped in to d-ride Styles and add some irrelevant info about his pre-WWE career?

Nice!

·
Registered
6,554 Posts

No I am saying you can put about 10 other guys in Roman's place and put them against AJ and give them the same amount of time and the match would be better. AJ didn't even use 1/20th of his complete arsenal against Roman as a way to not overshadow Roman. How would it make Roman look if AJ did about 25 different moves on him while Roman only has 6 or 7. They also probally limited AJ in that match as a way to not confuse Roman.

·
Baby Yoda
29,322 Posts

No I am saying you can put about 10 other guys in Roman's place and put them against AJ and give them the same amount of time and the match would be better.
AJ v KO/Cesaro/Zayn/Cena/Orton/Lesnar/Rollins/HHH/Nakamura/Balor for 25 mins with no fuckery :mark::mark::mark::mark:

·
Registered
5,707 Posts

So your expert IWC armchair quarterback analysis is more valid than that of Legendary Stone Cold Steve Austin, who said it WAS the best WWE match he's has seen in years?

:hano
If he's saying it's the best WWE match in years then Yes. He's talking sh*t.

181 - 196 of 196 Posts