Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling it might be a classic elimination SS tag match set up after tonight between Nexus and Legends.. I Suppose it could help get the other members of Nexus over a little bit more ? Defeating a few legends

·
Your either NEXUS or Your AGAINST us....
250 Posts
could be a possibility....I know a lot of folk are suprised by the lack of matches that have been made for SS.

This could give the Nexus a good bit of credibility, and more importantly....heat, if they defeated the legends.

Good shout.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
could be a possibility....I know a lot of folk are suprised by the lack of matches that have been made for SS.

This could give the Nexus a good bit of credibility, and more importantly....heat, if they defeated the legends.

Good shout.
How does beating a bunch of senior citizens give Nexus credibility?:side:

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
I'd be for it, especially if Nexus went over giving them more heat going into Survivor Series and the Orton/Barrett match.

·
Your either NEXUS or Your AGAINST us....
250 Posts
How does beating a bunch of senior citizens give Nexus credibility?:side:
perhaps credibility was the wrong term, but it would certainly put them over and generate more heat for them.

Look at when Jericho feuded with the legends prior to and at Wrestlemania 25, I would say that gave him a lot more heat, especially with older fans.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,908 Posts
Only way this would work is if Nexus squash them, but I doubt that would happen, therefore I don't see anything positive coming out of this potential booking.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I sure hope not

I hate seeing old grampas in the ring

One of the reason i can't watch TNA

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Eh, to what end? Nexus is a legit threat to everyone in the WWE; they don't need to (and won't) build any credibility by assaulting geriatrics.

Besides, matches featuring the legends are usually embarrassing and hard to watch. If you've been legitimately retired for more than a few years and your name isn't Ricky Steamboat, just spare us the slow-motion punch-fests and be a manager or something.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know it would be boring but i really do think it could give nexus a little more credibility, i know they take out big stars already but its always in a 5 or 6 against 1 situation. I think it would work well if WWE could remind us tonight all that the legends have accomplished and build them up more then they are. I dont even see Nexus having to win with all 5 still there. Theres not anything wrong with having 1 or 2 of them eliminated if its done right. But only if its done the right way, i mean a way where it doesnt look like an old man really just eliminated one of them clean. i dont know why but i really have a feeling that this might happen.. Maybe im thinking too much of years ago when the legends faced the spirit squad at SS. Hey maybe add Dolph Ziggler to Nexus and give him a rematch against the legends xD

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
It would have been awesome if Gabriel vs. Steamboat ever happened.
This a thousand times if you mean Steamboat Jr (possibly to represent his dad who can't wrestle anymore (which can be chalked up to the Nexus in Kayfabe)). Dude's pretty damn good for a 23 yearold who's been in the buisness for a year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts