Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think that Kurt Angle will ever return to the WWE?

The guy was one of the greatest heels ever and it would be amazing if he came back although unlikely.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I would say very unlikely but anything is possibile in the next two or three years. Me and my friend were watching TNA tonight and we both agree that he looks like he's on some serious drugs and has lost a significant amount of muscle. He just got arrested for a DUI as well, Can't say I really miss the guy.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would say very unlikely but anything is possibile in the next two or three years. Me and my friend were watching TNA tonight and we both agree that he looks like he's on some serious drugs and has lost a significant amount of muscle. He just got arrested for a DUI as well, Can't say I really miss the guy.
The muscle loss is due to his training for the olympics. His old physique wouldnt suit it.

·
Premium Member
18,721 Posts
The better question is would they let him? He was let go because the WWE didn't want to have him becuase he was a liability, he surely isn't less of one 5 years later,8 by the time his deal runs out. I think he will finish out his career, assuming he ends it on his own terms and not because of some injury in TNA. it's honestly sad cause he was beast in the his WWE days.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
The muscle loss is due to his training for the olympics. His old physique wouldnt suit it.
Yeah that's what I figured but than at the same time I see the news that he is getting arrested driving under the influence. So I put two and two together and it resulted in HE MUST BE ON DRUGS. Simply does not make sense.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
He has technically signed a TNA contract for 3 years, but I can definitly imagine him coming back after that.
He has also expressed an interest in getting involved with the world of MMA. Probably not as a fighter though I'd imagine unless he does it soon or he will be too old.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Kurt Angle will of course return to the WWE sometime in the future, without question. Will he do it to wrestle regularly? I highly doubt it.

TNA won't be around for a long time, so in say 10 years or so, what's Kurt going to do? The WWE Hall of Fame will come knocking no doubt, and will tie in a Legends contract too, which sees Kurt wrestle the odd match and make appearances in WWE from time to time. I could see him appearing as a face every now and then for big patriotic US 'events'; music hits, flags waving, gold medal on etc. Gets the crowd pumped since the US loves being overly patriotic.

That's how I can see it going anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd love it to happen but it isn't going to, at least not until he enters the hall of fame, as Kurt won't wrestle a full schedule and he isn't a big enough star for WWE to give him a part time one. At this rate a 3 year contract in TNA means nothing as they won't be around in 3 years, so the contract doesn't come into it in my opinion.

·
Registered
935 Posts
The better question is would they let him? He was let go because the WWE didn't want to have him becuase he was a liability, he surely isn't less of one 5 years later,8 by the time his deal runs out. I think he will finish out his career, assuming he ends it on his own terms and not because of some injury in TNA. it's honestly sad cause he was beast in the his WWE days.
False. He left cause he couldnt handle the WWE workload of traveling so much.

EDIT: Heres the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFq6KDaAt7w

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Angle cant control his drinking and driving stupidity it might fly with TNA but people watch WWE, and his dumbassery would be seen on a larger platform so no WWE needs to avoid him like herpes.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Angle cant control his drinking and driving stupidity it might fly with TNA but people watch WWE, and his dumbassery would be seen on a larger platform so no WWE needs to avoid him like herpes.
"Would be seen"

His issues have occurred outside of the show.

·
Registered
195 Posts
He'll be seen in a WWE arena again no doubt, If Bret Hart could anyone can IMO. The real question is will he ever wrestle a match in WWE again, I doubt it.
Definitely. There's no doubt he'll return to the WWE at some point in the future, it just depends 'in what capacity'.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I'm betting he'll return on a part-time basis 3-5 years down the line. The guy trains like a maniac and will (likely) still be in wrestling shape by that time, plus he'll have put back on some of the weight he's cut for the Olympics. He'll be back, but not for several years.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts