Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No i didnt think you would have. He didnt even get a match on raw just walked around in a sherlock holmes outfit. This time last year he was getting ready for a main event push

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
The backstage segment with Truth was funny though. But he was big proof that if WWE spent time on a superstars character and actually pushed them, they could be a main event guy.

Truth went from some random singing/dancing guy who people didn't even want to see in any title match, to a crazy guy who was great in the main event, all cause WWE tried.

·
Premium Member
17,267 Posts
He was not ready for Main Event push.

He was just a filler, accidentally too. Does OP remember JoMo? I wouldn't mind seeing him do some more work, but I don't think he is good enough to be Main Event.

·
Doing it for the Rock
530 Posts
He was not ready for Main Event push.

He was just a filler, accidentally too. Does OP remember JoMo? I wouldn't mind seeing him do some more work, but I don't think he is good enough to be Main Event.
I disagree with part of your statement, JoMo has the potential to get up in the main event. Was he ready when he was still under contract, not at all. However with the right kind of program you could get him off as scrappy. He had the entertaining moves, and the crowd had gotten behind him despite his lack of mic skills and solid storylines.

·
Premium Member
17,267 Posts
I disagree with part of your statement, JoMo has the potential to get up in the main event. Was he ready when he was still under contract, not at all. However with the right kind of program you could get him off as scrappy. He had the entertaining moves, and the crowd had gotten behind him despite his lack of mic skills and solid storylines.
you disagree that JoMo isn't ready for Main Event? I was referring to how JoMo was in the 3 way in a steel cage with Miz, Cena, JoMo; JoMo got injured so Truth took his spot.

I meant I don't think Truth was ready for the Main Event Scene. I do think Morrison would last in the Main Event for a while, even forced he could still be entertaining enough.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
WOW the company has come a long way since then. The Main event on RAW consisted of Cena, Miz, R Truth and John Morrison.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
God this thread made me realize how much I miss JoMo.
R-Truth fills the black... comedy relief role very well.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I know it was a typical Cena filler feud (midcard heel wants belt doesn't get it) but I quite enjoyed R-Truth's main event 'push'. It's a shame it didn't last very long but with his gimmick he's never going to properly main eventing anyways. And I didn't class him as a main event when he faced Rock and Cena, he was just a glorified midcarder then.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
He was in the main-event of Capitol Punishment, and Survivor Series (even though it wasn't a title-match). I don't think Truth's ready for the main event...

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
who? that says it all...
Umm...no. No it doesn't "says it all". :no:

I could care less that Truth isn't in the Main Event anymore. I just want him to be HEEL again but SOMEHOW those DAMN LITTLE-JIMMY T-SHIRTS ARE SELLING AND ARE OUT-SELLING THE UNDERTAKER'S!!!! :eek:

So I'm not going to hold my breath there.

Plus, we've seen that Kofi is doing more Singles competition these days than Tagging with Truth which is fine by me. JUST GIVE SOMETHING WORTHWHILE for Troof to do, Vince.

Maybe they can have him sit in the crowd with a mic and call a match LIVE! :D

Things like that....

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I do. Was fucking terrible. The only good thing about it was that silly Truth mark freaking out every week and not listening when people told him he'd become irrelevant soon after lol.

EDIT - Whoops, there he is. glenwo2 returns. :lmao

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I remember a lot of people ranting about how he would take the belt off of Cena and he'd be a mainstay in the main event scene... Wrong and wrong.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
I do. Was fucking terrible. The only good thing about it was that silly Truth mark freaking out every week and not listening when people told him he'd become irrelevant soon after lol.

EDIT - Whoops, there he is. glenwo2 returns. :lmao

Buck, my friend, I've ALWAYS been here posting in other threads. I guess you found it hard to believe that I would post about other things besides Truth. You probably thought I was some kind of imposter.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
he was legendary. up until they made awesome truth end and him go face.. pointless shit. yea just throw away one of the most enteraning guys youve had in years..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts