Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Flash wasn't optional back then. Now everyone takes videos, and despite it being 2019, people still haven't figured out to turn their phone sideways so the video uses the entire screen.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yes, and when fans would use lighters during Undertaker`s entrance.

Smartphones have taken away a lot of the character and spectacle of the shows.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Remember when the shows were entertaining enough that the audience didn't need smart phones and beach balls?

·
I'm Just A Sick Guy.
1,884 Posts
Yeah, that many flash bulbs on cameras going off at the same time definitely made things feel grander to me. I'll never forget the sight of Austin stood on that turnbuckle as 50,000 cameras flash while taking pictures of him. It elevated the atmosphere imo.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Definitely made things feel bigger. Also, social media wasn't a thing back then. People taking photos had more meaning, you took photos of things because they meant something to you and you wanted something to help preserve the memory of it. People still constantly take photos and videos, but now it's for social media clout.

·
Premium Member
43,797 Posts
"Look at the flash bulbs"

That was JR's comment during the Hogan/Rock pre-bell stare down during their classic match at WrestleMania X-8 and it just helped to cement that moment as larger than life.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts