Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts
What I remember more than that was when Triple H returned about 8 days later without a scratch on him. :D

However, Austin/HHH is one of the best feuds of all time, no question about it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Aha I remember thinking people are actually cheering "Hell Yeah" for HHH to be killed. Still remember that feud being pretty good though.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
My favourite feud ever.
Even the matches where phenomenal, for example the 3 Stages of Hell match.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, I agree that federer is the greatest.

Seriously though, yes, of course. But what I thought I was going to see here was when Triple H dissed Austin on Raw, I think it was in 2003.

"Is that a badge?!", and Trips mimicking a Texas accent was golden.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I remember! Awesome feud!

·
Registered
4,807 Posts

This moment in their feud is all kinds of awesome. JR's commentary just adds to it tenfold.

"DAMN TRIPLE H, DAMN HIS SOULLLLL!"

"AUSTIN WANTS HELMSLEY - THE GAME HAS SCREWED STONE COLD OUT OF THE WWF BY GAWD TITLE!"

And many more lol. I could quote the whole damn segment to be honest.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
^^^That was awesome. As much as I enjoy the current product, it's moments like that which make me long for the past...

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
I def remember that. HHH/Austin is one of my favorite feuds of all time. They had great matches, great storylines behind them, and the two absolutely HATED each other. I especially loved the no touching provisions before rumble and then again that lead up to NWO. But to answer the OP's question, I don't see them doing anything crazy like that anytime soon.

This moment in their feud is all kinds of awesome. JR's commentary just adds to it tenfold.

"AUSTIN WANTS HELMSLEY - THE GAME HAS SCREWED STONE COLD OUT OF THE WWF BY GAWD TITLE!"

co-sign.

^^^That was awesome. As much as I enjoy the current product, it's moments like that which make me long for the past...
You and me both.

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts

Agreed. JR is all kinds of epic in that video btw.

THE GAME HAS SCREWED STONE COLD OUTTA THE DUBYA DUBYA F BAH GAWD TITLE!

Also, speaking of epic moments (relevant to this feud):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ymoi_hhh-screws-austin_sport

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The fact it was all blown off by such a great match too just tops it off. So often back then the WWF had great feuds on TV and then failed to deliver with it on PPV (the whole of 99 was cursed by this) - but this delivered on TV and on PPV.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i knew that was what you were talking about before i clicked this thread its the best momment they had so attitude era.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Holly SHITTTTTTT

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Seriously though, yes, of course. But what I thought I was going to see here was when Triple H dissed Austin on Raw, I think it was in 2003.

"Is that a badge?!", and Trips mimicking a Texas accent was golden.

"Is that A badge!" :lmao :lmao

"Are you done wasting my time?"
"I think so!"

But yeah, Austin/Trips was an awesome feud. And serious to fuck, the WWE misses JR screaming all over epic moments like this and they miss him bad. He just made things that much more epic.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What made feuds like that so awesome was the fact that they did such a good job convincing the audience that these guys HATED each other with a fiery passion.

Now, the wrestlers feuds are more like...mild dislike of the other guy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts