Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Re: Anyone remember Ready to Rumble ?

I watched it a long time ago as a kid. I remember DDP getting slammed through the cage roof but that's about it.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

The reason David Arquette won the WCW Heavyweight Title was because of a stupid cross-over between that movie and WCW itself. People are still raging about that to this day, so yes, I think a lot of people here remember Ready to Rumble lol.

Martin Landau is like the only good part about that movie, and that's because he's fucking Martin Landau.

·
Registered
835 Posts

Best part of that movie is when sting comes down from the rafters and dropkicks DDP. I used to love that film but now that I'm older It'll more than likely be terrible. Kinda like the eugene gimmick. Good at the time but not when you mature ha

·
Mmmm juicy
1,834 Posts

Sting: jimmy king is alright by me
that other idiot kid: you love jimmy king, i love jimmy king. we're men, and we are not afraid to say that we love other men...I LOVE YOU
*KO PUNCH*

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts

The Triple Cage they used in it and at Slamboree '00 was pretty cool. I kinda wish WWE would try that match at some point.

·
Banned
853 Posts

Fun movie, so many great lines, some cruel and some really spot on. It's not a bad movie i would say.

Sean Dawkins: How's my hair look? Finesse?
Gordie Boggs: Bro, you're driving a truck full of ass juice. I wouldn't worry about your hair.

Gordie Boggs: We're going back to basics. To find our heart.
Sasha: Can I come?
Gordie Boggs: No, because you don't have one.

Mr. Boggs: You gonna be a wrestler? You got trouble wrestlin' your wee-wee out of your trousers to take a leak!
Gordie Boggs: It's not that I have trouble... just sometimes I don't see the point.

Gordie Boggs: What about Wendy? She digs you!
Sean Dawkins: No... she's too much like one of the guys.
Gordie Boggs: That's bad?
Sean Dawkins: That's gay.

Mr. Boggs: Just cause it's your dream doesn't make it right or noble or whatever! Charles Manson was following his dream! Joseph Stalin, Michael Bolton, you get my point?

Turning the diamond sign upside down to DDP: A diamond upside down is a pussy.

To conclude the point i'm trying to make is that the movie is really fun, it's not terrible rather a light-hearted non serious comedy-movie, like Dude where's my car but miles better.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

Jimmy King is the best wrestler, he's the best-ler, better than all the rest-ler!

Ready to Rumble is one of those movies that I love just because how stupid it is. WWKD.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
If your into slapstick humor like I am, its good stuff.

I remember reading back in the paper when it first came out that wcw had plans for a sequel lol.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
*InB4GreenLightPostsAnt&Dec*

:lol

But yeah i love the song & the movie.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Actually had to look it up. I was about to type "WRONG SECTION! THIS BELONGS IN VIDEO GAMES!!," with less caps of course. The only Ready 2 Rumble I remember is a N64 boxing video game. So is that why Arquette was WCW Champion?

·
Registered
980 Posts
How this movie did not win an oscar for Best Picture is beyond me David Arquette should of got best actor and Oliver Platt should of got best supporting actor Ready to Rumble should of swept the 2001 academy awards Ready to Rumble is right up there with Forrest Gump & Schindler's List!!!!!!!

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
The way I see it. The movie was good and it's a shame it lost money.

I think if you never hire Oliver Platt and use Hogan (Who would of been cheaper) and not use Rose McGowan (Who had her big break out the year or the year prior) and obviously cut some of the more expensive scenes (The sewage truck scene comes to mind) you could of made money off it.

The interest was there, it made 12 million. Comedies are cheap to make there's no excuse for this film losing 12 million.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
It was fun. I liked it. I wonder what would it be like if WWF made a movie in 1999.

I know its two completley different genres and I also know wcw was in it for like a minute, but Beyond the Mat seemed like a wwf movie to me. WWF and ECW were heavily featured in it(and they always had a connection to each other) and Jake Roberts was highly profiled and there were rumors at the time that he might be on his way back to the wwf. Just my two cents.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,522 Posts
I know its two completley different genres and I also know wcw was in it for like a minute, but Beyond the Mat seemed like a wwf movie to me. WWF and ECW were heavily featured in it(and they always had a connection to each other) and Jake Roberts was highly profiled and there were rumors at the time that he might be on his way back to the wwf. Just my two cents.
yes, but Beyond the Mat is a documentary.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts