Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much all of them started off with a gimmick that was stupid as hell. Let's look at some of them:

The Rock, started off as Rocky Maiva, absolutely refused to get over and was pushed down our throats, given the IC title and I even remember fans chanting things like "Die Rocky Die".

Triple H, started off as that annoying little posh boy who told people how to speak, not to mention that fucking stupid french thing he had on wCw.

Austin, After wCw (which was quite successful actually) Austin had The Ringmaster gimmick and also refused to get over, they had to pair him with DiBiase and give him the million dollar title just to make him credible.

Batista, started off as "The Deacon", basically D-Von Dudley's bitch when for some stupid as hell reason the Dudley's were split up. He was promoted as someone built like a tank and protecting D-Von while "Reverend" D-Von ran around screaming Testify and collecting money from fans.

That's all I can think of for now, can you guys think of any more?

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Kane started out as some loser who jobbed for 16 years on ECW to the likes of Foleys sock (Literally , w/o foley) , Hornswoggle , and Chavo.

Then one day BAM! Hes making The Undertaker job to a flashlight , crazy

:agree: I'm just playing I know thats not how Kane really started lol

Oh and I totally forsee Ted Dibiase in this same way , hes on RAW every week given some spotlight , and made it further in the 20m battle royal than even Miz did ... he came in 5th place. Plus the fact they let him star in a movie. Hes just like Drew McIntyre only not formally labeled "The Chosen One"

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
The Undertaker started his career in a vegatative state , and now hes worked his way all the way up to jobbing to flashlights.

Its a highly impressive long way hes come for this 1-2 month long career hes had. From Vegetable to jobbing to a flashlight. I'm so proud of him! :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
HBK started as that cocky boy who thought he was hot,I think

Pretty much like Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes right now

Sheamus didn't changed shit since he came into the WWE,so I think that counts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
- Edge (and Christian) were vampires or some shit.
- Cena was a wigger.
- Batista was a priest.
- Jericho. Just look up "Super Lyger"
- Edge again, as a guy called "Sexton Hardcastle". No live celebrations were had.
- In 15 years, people on here will be saying, "Trent Barreta started out in a team called the Dudebusters."

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
- Edge (and Christian) were vampires or some shit.
- Cena was a wigger.
- Batista was a priest.
- Jericho. Just look up "Super Lyger"
- Edge again, as a guy called "Sexton Hardcastle". No live celebrations were had.
- In 15 years, people on here will be saying, "Trent Barreta started out in a team called the Dudebusters."
Vance Archer , hes in a jobber tag team but I see high potential in him

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
And also don't forget Mr. Woo Woo Woo. This guy has a very bright future indeed.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Vance Archer is ex-TNA. Unfortunately, he ain't goin' nowheres.
But nobody even realizes that? He was NOTHING in TNA.

Kaval is ex-TNA technically as well but he won NXT and "has a guaranteed title shot at a PPV" :confused: :eek:

I understand with Christian , he was world champ in TNA many times , he was definitivley TNA and I think they want to take a long time to make everyone forget TNA christian and rebuild him as a WWE guy

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Santino & Khali are going to have more world titles than all the members of Evolution have now

And Hornswoggle will have them both combined

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
The Big Show has the stupidest gimmick. He was booked as a big guy who, because of his size, was automatically tough and a good wrestler.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
But nobody even realizes that? He was NOTHING in TNA.

Kaval is ex-TNA technically as well but he won NXT and "has a guaranteed title shot at a PPV" :confused: :eek:

I understand with Christian , he was world champ in TNA many times , he was definitivley TNA and I think they want to take a long time to make everyone forget TNA christian and rebuild him as a WWE guy
Which is why they'll have it even harder than Christian to get anywhere.

And Kaval was in WWE before TNA even existed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts