Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last I read, he was supposed to make a main roster debut. I haven't seen him on NXT in like 2 weeks or heard anything about him in awhile. He rarely even appears either. Anyone know what's going on with him in terms of booking? He's like my favorite gimmick going on right now and wish to see more of him.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,704 Posts
I think they're just trying to decide on what to do with him, keep him in NXT or go ahead and put him on the main roster? Which is why he has yet to get a feud on NXT, he's just squashing guys whenever he shows up. Also they're probably debating on whether to put him in the CW division or not, imo no i don't want him in the CW division, he just screams main event talent in the making, don't pigeon hold him down in that division where he's stuck in matches that most take a piss during.

But yeah i just think they're trying to figure out where he should go and they just aint decided yet.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
I've heard only speculation. Apparently he was included on the main roster during the European tour, makes sense as a European talent. He's also been doing untelevised matches with the Smackdown brand iirc. But what that means for their long term plans is anybody's guess, I'd wager that they aren't sure themselves.

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
I hope they reconsider sending him to the main roster. Not because of lack of ability, but because lack of character. I understand he's a "badass", but we already have Orton, Corbin, 'Balor' - who all play the tough guy. If Black wants to go that route, fine. But, he's not doing anything original or better than those 3 mentioned.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
I hope they reconsider sending him to the main roster. Not because of lack of ability, but because lack of character. I understand he's a "badass", but we already have Orton, Corbin, 'Balor' - who all play the tough guy. If Black wants to go that route, fine. But, he's not doing anything original or better than those 3 mentioned.
So the entire satanist schtict isn't original enough for you? The whole mysterious, brooding, silent character apparently isn't different enough than what Orton, Corbin and Balor are doing? You act like only a limited amount of people on the roster can be badasses for fuck sake. Although I agree there should be diversity in characters, I'm pretty sure the roster can handle more than three badasses especially considering all of them have different characters. They just all so happen to be badasses.

·
Registered
432 Posts
He doesn't remind me of Baron at all or especially Finn! Finn is goofy as hell! I'll never forget the Orlando house show where Finn and Bayley slow danced to "I had the time of my life"
Aleister is interesting Orton not so much...whenever he does get called up he'll do just fine.

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
So the entire satanist schtict isn't original enough for you? The whole mysterious, brooding, silent character apparently isn't different enough than what Orton, Corbin and Balor are doing? You act like only a limited amount of people on the roster can be badasses for fuck sake. Although I agree there should be diversity in characters, I'm pretty sure the roster can handle more than three badasses especially considering all of them have different characters. They just all so happen to be badasses.
please take a deep breath.

The religious/satanist influences were in his pre-debut vignettes, nothing since his debut. I was all for the character pre-debut, then nothing has been done since. NXT is where a new character, wrestler, anyone should take the time to flesh out their character.

Simply: Black needs to cut promos. I am intrigued by his character, but there is nothing further to from a spinning back kick. At least so far. Hence, keep him in NXT to show me he won't sink on the main roster. If you took Black exactly as he is and kept him coming out wrestling with no development, he'd flop.

I'm sure, given time, Black will be awesome on the main roster. Not yet though.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
please take a deep breath.

The religious/satanist influences were in his pre-debut vignettes, nothing since his debut. I was all for the character pre-debut, then nothing has been done since. NXT is where a new character, wrestler, anyone should take the time to flesh out their character.

Simply: Black needs to cut promos. I am intrigued by his character, but there is nothing further to from a spinning back kick. At least so far. Hence, keep him in NXT to show me he won't sink on the main roster. If you took Black exactly as he is and kept him coming out wrestling with no development, he'd flop.

I'm sure, given time, Black will be awesome on the main roster. Not yet though.
So what you're saying is, if someone were to see this guy without ever seeing his pre-debut vignettes, they woule never know he is a satanist? Because you know, lets ignore his entire obviously satanism inspired entrance, how he is covered in tatoos with some being religiously inspired, how the commentary team have been gushing about how he isn't right in the head, how he would randomly before, during and after his matches go into a meditative state. Like you telling me, none of that screams satanist to you?

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
So what you're saying is, if someone were to see this guy without ever seeing his pre-debut vignettes, they woule never know he is a satanist? Because you know, lets ignore his entire obviously satanism inspired entrance, how he is covered in tatoos with some being religiously inspired, how the commentary team have been gushing about how he isn't right in the head, how he would randomly before, during and after his matches go into a meditative state. Like you telling me, none of that screams satanist to you?
None of that is Satanism. WWE won't let a character be what you think a Satanist is. Real Satanists aren't covered in tattoos and creepy looking, meditating and rising from coffins. They're mild mannered and practice their religion. You're thinking of a teenager trying to lash out against their parents. And, right now, that's not a gimmick I see going far in WWE.

Not talking or committing to a gimmick is going to hurt Black in the long run. I was polite before, but I'll tell you point blank: Black's character is 100% entrance. Nothing else. When WWE realizes that and takes away his cool entrance he'll be a jobber. WWE needs to expand Black's character or he'll suffer on the main roster.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
None of that is Satanism. WWE won't let a character be what you think a Satanist is. Real Satanists aren't covered in tattoos and creepy looking, meditating and rising from coffins. They're mild mannered and practice their religion. You're thinking of a teenager trying to lash out against their parents. And, right now, that's not a gimmick I see going far in WWE.

Not talking or committing to a gimmick is going to hurt Black in the long run. I was polite before, but I'll tell you point blank: Black's character is 100% entrance. Nothing else. When WWE realizes that and takes away his cool entrance he'll be a jobber. WWE needs to expand Black's character or he'll suffer on the main roster.
You've got to be kidding me. Black is by far the most interesting person in the WWE at the moment. He'll be over big time. Now what were you saying?

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Good keep him away

& he was never going to the MR, he was just used on some live events & people put 2 & 2 together & got 97

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts

Thats not the point. He looks and acts like an extreme parody of what society thinks satanist looks like. I mean come on, you can't honestly say to me you don't see anything remotely satanist about him. Tge fact that it doesn't follow satanism in real life is completely irreleventZ

·
Premium Member
14,286 Posts
Good keep him away

& he was never going to the MR, he was just used on some live events & people put 2 & 2 together & got 97
I must not be good at math's because I put 2 and 2 together and got 69 but I can count to potato. :smile2:

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
I must not be good at math's because I put 2 and 2 together and got 69 but I can count to potato. :smile2:
:wtf2 you hitting that blunt in your avi? Pass it over man

·
Registered
939 Posts
I guess he'll have a lot more time in NXT before moving to main roster. He has a very individual gimmick which could either really fly or crash and burn with more casual fans. It's gonna be tough for WWE creative to see which way it's going to go. They'll want to see how it works over a longer period of time in NXT.

Very different style but some parallels to Nakamura. Huge entrance which builds up a superstar atmosphere but if that doesn't work and the audience doesn't get it then they will find it difficult to make a plan B

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Thats not the point. He looks and acts like an extreme parody of what society thinks satanist looks like. I mean come on, you can't honestly say to me you don't see anything remotely satanist about him. Tge fact that it doesn't follow satanism in real life is completely irreleventZ
He definitely was inspired by the man Aleister Crowley. If you happen to know anything about Crowley it's that he was certainly familiar with the Occult, Satanic Worship, Magick, etc. The symbols on the body of Aleister Black are highly represented in Chaos Magick. I think it's fair to suggest that he could appear to be a "Satanist. You assessment is definitely accurate or at least familiar in terms of description. I'm not sure why you are wasting your time going back and forth with who you originally quoted.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.