Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On preferably the past year? Like bleacher report or something where I can start off and read through to get updated? At least significant events, I can deal with not knowing of the jobber/B storylines. Quit watching in October of 2012 for personal reasons and have just started to get back into it. It's going to eat away at me being confused as to what is/was going on. Only significant events I know of is Ryback is/was? a headliner for a while, RVD returned, and Undertaker beat CM Punk at WM.

·
Registered
702 Posts
My tip would be go through wikipedia of the ppvs this year. You'll get a good idea then how everything has progressed particularly from the aftermath section.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Most of the writers and almost ALL of the commenters on Bleacher Report suck.

I'd recommend cagesideseats, especially Rex's live blog and Geno's analysis. The comment section is legit and great fun too.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
October of 2012 hmm.. WWE is not known for it's longevity so I doubt that most of these still matter at all. A couple of them are still going on. basically just The Corporation Story and The Rhodes brothers being tag team champions. I'll try and fill in some holes though just for the sake of it.

- The Rock Returns and declares that he will face whoever is still the champion at the Royal Rumble. Punk is the champion at the time. This is the same RAW where Punk turns heel and lays out The Rock.
-Brock vs. HHH Brock and HHH face off 3 times and have a wrestlemania match. I can't even remember why tbh.. Brock broke HHH's arm. HHH returns, beats Brock, but then Brock wins the rubber match. There honestly wasn't much of a story..
The Shield debut and run through the WWE, even defeating Cena in a tag match. They are a 3 man team. They continue to do this for quite some time. It's a cliche because the announcers say it, but they really are putting on some of the best tag team matches during this time until they join The Corporation.
- 434 Punk holds the title for 434 days until losing it to The Rock at the Rumble. This long reign results in Punk believing that he is a god. Punk turns red hot.
- Punk's alliance with Heyman and the demise of it. When Punk throws his god complex to the wayside and turns face after losing the title to The Rock and failing to defeat Undertaker at Wrestlemania (challenging the streak being a symptom of his god complex), Heyman is the one who is not willing to let it go and inevitably turns on Punk. Brock and Punk have a MOTY contender at SummerSlam2013 that Punk loses. He eventually gets his hands on Heyman months later.
- The Corporation. Triple H running the show as a heel. The Shield and Orton align themselves with Triple H.
- Cena has like 3 redemption stories where he overcomes the odds and becomes a champion. yay.. He gets his win back and beats The Rock at WM29, also becoming the WWE champion
- Bryan v. Cena another classic match at SummerSlam where Daniel Bryan beats Cena cleanly and wins the WWE Championship from him. This results in a push but unfortunately, Bryan is overcome by The Authority and only remained in the Main Event scene for a couple months after getting put over by Cena.
- Cody Rhodes and Goldust team up to take on The Shield and defeat them to become the tag team champions. yes, Goldust has returned to action.
- Christian gets one more match for the WHC but loses. Not much there but it was pretty cool to see it happen I guess lol.

That's all the comes to mind. Other wrestlers have done little odds and ins that you might like if you are fans of them. But this is just what pops in my mind when I think of 2013 so far.

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
On preferably the past year? Like bleacher report or something where I can start off and read through to get updated? At least significant events, I can deal with not knowing of the jobber/B storylines. Quit watching in October of 2012 for personal reasons and have just started to get back into it. It's going to eat away at me being confused as to what is/was going on. Only significant events I know of is Ryback is/was? a headliner for a while, RVD returned, and Undertaker beat CM Punk at WM.
Hope this helps

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/wwetnappvbyyear/a/2013ppvrecaps.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.