Wrestling Forum banner

Anyone interested in starting a wrestling podcast?

1807 Views 13 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  holycityzoo
I've been wanting to host one of these for a while now, however I cannot find a co-host. The vast majority of my friends stopped watching years ago and the few friends I have that do watch don't have the time nor interest to start one up.

I'm in the process of getting some software and hardware for the recording process and I have no problem taking care of the editing and posting. I would like to find someone who is around my age (22) so we can have more in common during discussions and that you get a headset as we will be using Skype.

I'm looking to record either on Monday's right after RAW or Tuesday's around 3pm. My basic gameplan is recap RAW with our thoughts, include a news segment and any other ideas you may have. I would like to do one for Impact as well, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I had a name in mind, We Wrestle Econo. It's taken from the band, The Minutemen as their phrase was "We Jam Econo" meaning they play music without limits and without regulation. I want to take the same approach to the podcast; free-spirited discussion.

Looking forward to hearing back from anyone who is interested!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
306 Posts
Yes im interested in starting one with you although we are a three hour time diffrence but we can work it out. the only problem is that you said you want someone around 22 and im 17 so i dont know if you want me to be your co-host. i also watch TNA so i can review that with you too. All i need is the headset and a skype account(if you need one) and im ready.

· Registered
18 Posts
I'd love to be a part of a show, and give my thoughts, comments, etc on RAW. WWE in general for that matter, antything from Roundtable discussions, to recapping a weekly event. If you may, simply PM me for any details you'd like. The one issue is my age, although age is but a number, I posses maturity.

We're in the same time-zone, I've been watching wrestling my whole life, and what I have not lived/remembered watching was re-watched thanks to YouTube, etc. Please try to avoid my post count as this is another account I have, so please contact me. I'm a pretty social guy, nice, funny, from what I've heard and I'm pretty good at making points in what I say and constructively arguing something to reach my desired destination. In short, I can prove what I say and get the point across well.

- Thanks.

Edit: If we do end up doing something like you said, I have a few ideas of things we can do. Generalizing it, just speaking about all aspects about WWE/F/Wrestling in all aspects.

· Registered
2,158 Posts
Good luck with your project OP. I hope it succeeds. Post a link when you get it up and running.

· I am Jack's broken heart
7,564 Posts
IT COULD BE LIKE WAI TING AND JOHN POLLOCK :D

Except less funny probably. Those guys are the masters :side:

Anyways, I'm down for this. I don't think I can be regular, but I'd love to come in as a guest or something like that. I've always wanted to be in a podcast, and quite honestly, I'll probably start one after university ends and I move out.

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Interestingly enough, we do our own show WrestlingHeads Radio (www.wrestlingheads.com) and www.blogtalkradio.com/wrestlingheads and you're welcome to tune in and call in on Mondays after RAW or Wednesdays at 3PM EST.

I'd actually co-host another podcast with you two, as I'll be starting up my own separate radio show soon as well. I'm game.

· Registered
405 Posts
Destroy the competition.

· Registered
12,721 Posts
IT COULD BE LIKE WAI TING AND JOHN POLLOCK :D

Except less funny probably. Those guys are the masters :side:

Anyways, I'm down for this. I don't think I can be regular, but I'd love to come in as a guest or something like that. I've always wanted to be in a podcast, and quite honestly, I'll probably start one after university ends and I move out.
John and Wai definitely have a good sense of humor. John's witticisms are extremely clever, I find. In one of the recent episodes he said he always thought Mick Foley should have been a spokesman for McDonald's, so they could come out with a McFoley burger. And Wai is always so chilled out. Great team for sure.

Though you'd be hard pressed to come up with a name better than Review-a-Wai...

Nonetheless, assuming we could make it sound somewhat professional, this sounds like an amicable idea. Though I'm worried I might be too opinionated. My character would be the guy who hates everything :lol

· Registered
129 Posts
Have you considered maybe having you and one other guy do every week... And then a rotation type thing where different people come in every week as a third guy?... So as some people may not be able to commmitt every week... Have a rotation?... Considering how many people are interested :Dxx (PS... Im game... But i live in england so timeing may be difficult... But i would be willing :Dxx)

· Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow got a lot of responses! Thanks to all that responded.

I'm going to switch over to PMs to make this easier, and probably e-mails eventually too. I'll PM the guys that seemed down, if I miss you send one my way and we'll get this started. Really pumped!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.