Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Boiling ramen at 1am because life is still happeni
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not a Bryan mark, just out of interest.

If you met me, you'd know I'm the complete opposite of a veggie. I hate the majority of vegetables put in front of me. I know it makes me sound like a 4 year old, but I'll be honest, I despise the taste of almost all of them. It brings me to hatred when I have to stop eating a meatfeast pizza and pick apart peppers and onions that are stuck.

But enough about me, anyone else here?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hell no, I need meat to fuel me, I want bacon for breakfast, burger for lunch, steak for dinner, hell I want a Slim Jim for a snack!!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
No but I have respect for people that are because Id love to have the self control to be one. Must be really fucking hard.

ON a side note can ay vegan tell me how the fuck Bryan is that size without consuming meet or dairy.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
I've been a vegetarian my whole life. It's been a family thing with us; my brother and my dad are both vegetarians as well. I've always been around friends who eat meat, but I've never had the desire to eat meat myself. That and, I don't agree with the slaughter of animals for food. However I have no problem with people who eat meat, just in the same way I don't smoke - but I don't mind if other people smoke.

Also the assumption that vegetarians eat loads of vegetables is wrong. I probably eat the same amount of vegetables as the average non-vegetarian. I eat everything the average person eats, just minus the meat. I eat plenty of eggs and beans to make up for the protein I don't get from eating meat.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I've been a vegetarian my whole life. It's been a family thing with us; my brother and my dad are both vegetarians as well. I've always been around friends who eat meat, but I've never had the desire to eat meat myself. That and, I don't agree with the slaughter of animals for food. However I have no problem with people who eat meat, just in the same way I don't smoke - but I don't mind if other people smoke.

Also the assumption that vegetarians eat loads of vegetables is wrong. I probably eat the same amount of vegetables as the average non-vegetarian. I eat everything the average person eats, just minus the meat. I eat plenty of eggs and beans to make up for the protein I don't get from eating meat.
Something I have been curious about, why do eggs not fall under the slaughter of animals? Is it ok since they have not been born, just seems weird to me.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Also the assumption that vegetarians eat loads of vegetables is wrong. I probably eat the same amount of vegetables as the average non-vegetarian.
Basically this. I've been vegan for quite a while now and it's a myth that there's nothing to eat outside vegetables. I was vegetarian for years and then watched the documentary Earthlings which was a real eye opener for me in regards to taking it to the next step.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Something I have been curious about, why do eggs not fall under the slaughter of animals? Is it ok since they have not been born, just seems weird to me.
Because it's the unfertilized egg of a chicken, so therefore it's not an animal. It's not like you're eating a baby chicken.

Basically this. I've been vegan for quite a while now and it's a myth that there's nothing to eat outside vegetables. I was vegetarian for years and then watched the documentary Earthlings which was a real eye opener for me in regards to taking it to the next step.
I doubt I could ever become a vegan. I feel you're too limited at that point in regards to what you eat. I personally couldn't give up things like eggs, milk and cheese.

However, I'm sure many vegetarians object to the way most chickens are treated by corporations as they are basically egg laying machines.
Well we always buy free range eggs, so they don't come from chickens that are in cages.

·
40,772 Posts
Eggs just come from animals. Like milk. The eggs people eat could never become life; they're unfertilized.

However, I'm sure many vegetarians object to the way most chickens are treated by corporations as they are basically egg laying machines.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I doubt I could ever become a vegan. I feel you're too limited at that point in regards to what you eat. I personally couldn't give up things like eggs, milk and cheese.
Fair play. Luckily for me I like soya products. It's also made me more pro active in regards to cooking because buying vegan pizzas / big cakes is ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
That must be strange. Every time I go back to my mums I always ask her if I should bring my own food and she always says it won't be a problem. Then it's pretty much an entire weekend of:

You can have this soup can't you? No
What about these biscuits? No
How about this pasta dish? No
These crisps? No

I pretty much live on the fruit bowl when I go there or end up feeling bad for going down to the shops during my stay.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
I'm not one myself but my sister, brother and Mum are all Vegans.
That's interesting. Have they always been vegans, or did they just all one day convert to being one?

I hear more and more people are becoming vegetarians and vegans now for health reasons, it's becoming much more common than say it was 50 years ago.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Nope not at all. Have nothing against people that are (unless they try and push thier views on you as superior).

Personally I am closer to a full carnivore than I am a vegetarian.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I'll eat most vegetables, but I can't give up my meat. Plus, hunting game animals and eating them are actually healthier in most cases than ground beef.

·
In Abhorrence Dementia
7,329 Posts
I am a vegetarian/vegan (dunno what subclass I fall into). I don't even eat roots - foods such as potato, onion, etc. I did eat potato chips when I was younger, but I have given that up.

I still consume milk products (except cheese). No-one's perfect!

I can understand how difficult it is for people in countries like US or Australia to actually be vegan, because they do not get to have much goodies on a vegan diet.

However, in south india, there are a number of traditional vegan dishes that are quite mouth-watering. A variety of snacks (I can count atleast 40 different traditional foods) serve as good 'vegan junk food' really. These have never seen the light of day abroad. Pity, cause the vegans I met in other countries really have nothing other than that awful ever-lasting soy!

Here's a link to one such type of food:

http://www.veginspirations.com/2011/01/mullu-thenkozhal-fried-and-crunchy-rice.html

Reactions: Bookworm Rocks

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,816 Posts
No, though I don't eat much meat, just chicken and salmon, really.

Saw a picture of a vegetarian who looked all old and gross compared to a picture of a chef (I forget her name now) who ate meat and was older than the vegetarian and she looked younger.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've been a veggie all of my life. Got absolutely nothing against people who eat meat(I'm pretty sure literally everyone I socialize with are meat eaters) but I personally don't advocate the killing of animals for food. No problems in the diet department though. Basically, I eat the same meals as most people but replace whatever the meat is with some sort of Quorn product(which is basically pure protein).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts