Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So its been basically a year since they pulled the trigger on this guy and was pretty much forced down our throats. Hes already a 2 time world champ and tbh, I still dont buy him. If He were future endeavored today Id have no problem with it. TBH I cant see why anyone would want to actually pay to see this guy, unless of course you love watching pasty white guys with Irish accents :).

But in all honesty I really see no value. Hes completely mediocre on the mic(hes FAR from a Jericho or a Punk or basically any top heel), Hes not intimidating or monster like at all(a white pasty guy with tall bright orange hair is not intimidating), and Hes been nothing special in the ring so far(when was the last Sheamus match that made you glued to your seat?).

So why does WWE still continue to put this guy on our TV screens? Im not hating im just stating what I honestly feel. I just can't see why anyone would want to pay to see this guy.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
His booking is terrible. I can understand his first reign having bad booking but his second reign has been poorly booked too. He seems entertaining but he hasn't looked very impressive as a champion.

The main reasons the WWE is pushing Sheamus are because he has a unique look and the right people like him.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I don't care about him at all. He's mediocre at everything. Nobody can get a good match out of him and he's not good on the mic. He has a unique look and charisma and he kisses Hunter's ass. That's the only reason he's getting pushed so hard. I still don't buy him as a main eventer and I'm not convinced he will ever become a draw.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont find him intresting tbh, hes a good talent.. hes just missing something
Yea something to make us actually care. Hes like the definition of mediocre in every department besides his look which is not even cool or badass. Its just plain goofy.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Sheamus has all the tools, and has no glaring weaknesses. Unlike other quick pushes that failed due to a lack of ability, that never happened to Sheamus, because he proved that he belongs here.

You choosing not to care about him really makes no difference. You say you're not trying to hate on him, but you've blatantly ignored what anyone else sees in him. And obviously, he's had some major successes, so perhaps it's time to start noticing.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
At first, back around December at the TLC PPV when he beat Cena I thought he would have been a transitional champion and woudl then leave the ME scene for good. I found him boring and just another one of those big men that they tries to push and then just give up on, ie, Khali.

In the last couple of months he has grown on me and I sort-of like him, not a mark out fan yet but I find him entertaining, he can cut a promo nicely with his gimmick and he is one of those heels that kids pay to see their face beat up which is the point.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Sheamus has all the tools, and has no glaring weaknesses. Unlike other quick pushes that failed due to a lack of ability, that never happened to Sheamus, because he proved that he belongs here.

You choosing not to care about him really makes no difference. You say you're not trying to hate on him, but you've blatantly ignored what anyone else sees in him. And obviously, he's had some major successes, so perhaps it's time to start noticing.
He really doesn't. Every PPV match he's had so far has sucked balls. He's garbage on the mic and hasn't cut 1 good promo. He's a giant Ronald Mcdonald look a like that always runs away like a pussy from everybody. His facial expressions are horrible and he always looks like he's about to cry. The guy is a joke.

·
9,856 Posts
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I've seen him in plenty of solid matches and heard him cut some solid promos. Facial expressions are actually a strong point for him, and the look-a-like comment just proves you were never going to like him in the first place. Your prerogative entirely.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
So its been basically a year since they pulled the trigger on this guy and was pretty much forced down our throats. Thoughts?

It was pushed that hard into our throats that some had already throwed him up...

Not a big fan of him, and not seeing anything that special either (objectively speaking). He has the size and the muscle, but he is missing something that can get our attention at any moment. I don't see in him that IT factor, yet, and not sure when and how would he be able to capture general attention with it.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EvoLution™;8800497 said:

You choosing not to care about him really makes no difference. You say you're not trying to hate on him, but you've blatantly ignored what anyone else sees in him.
What exactly is it that people see? Nobody on here has said anything but "he has the tools". Really? If he has tools please explain to me what exactly he has because I dont see it. Im not ignoring anything.

EvoLution™;8800497 said:
And obviously, he's had some major successes, so perhaps it's time to start noticing.
Please explain to me what his "successes" are in a company where everything including world title wins is predetermined.

·
9,856 Posts
What exactly is it that people see? Nobody on here has said anything but "he has the tools". Really? If he has tools please explain to me what exactly he has because I dont see it. Im not ignoring anything.
If you weren't ignoring anything, then you wouldn't be saying that you don't see how anyone could possibly like him.

If you want to know what "the tools" are, I can easily oblige: look, character, charisma, mic skills, wrestling ability, and presence. He has all of that. You don't have to agree with it, you don't have to like him, but realize that he wouldn't be here unless there was a damn good reason for it; Triple H wouldn't put him over unless there was a damn good reason for it. Sheamus overcame the typical quick push stereotype, because he had the tools to advance past that and become a permanent player.
Please explain to me what his "successes" are in a company where everything including world title wins is predetermined.
Advancement in a company to be trusted at that position, quite obviously. Everything is a business, is it not? Everything is predetermined, but only the most trustworthy get to the top. You don't just "predetermine" a World Title win for anyone, do you? Why do you think the WWE has a Hall of Fame, even though it's a predetermined sport? No, it's not what that moron Mark Madden will tell you, that it's a way to keep track of fake wins; it's to honor those who had the best careers.

Just because it's predetermined doesn't mean there isn't talent and success involved. Saying that there are no successes because it's predetermined, quite frankly, is an insult to those who bust their ass for professional wrestling.

·
Registered
850 Posts

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Yeah,I'm not a big fan of Sheamus either. I think the WWE is at a period where they're finally starting to push young talent after years of fans begging them to.

Unfortunately, when they did start pushing young guys. They're pushing guys who aren't good enough, or aren't ready. They're pushing guys because of their "look" rather than their ability in the ring, on the mic, or by getting over with the fans.

Sheamus, IMO is one of those guys.

Neither one of his WWE Title wins were in convincing fashion.

He's just now starting to get over with the audience. Although, IMO, he should have gotten over BEFORE he won the Title, and not after.

He's just too green.

I feel the same way about Wade Barrett. Although, I do like Wade and think he should possibly be a future World Champion.

I just think the future shouldn't start anywhere near Night of Champions.

I think the WWE is forcing guys like Sheamus and Wade Barrett on the audience instead of letting them get over naturally.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
im not even a big fan, but this is idiotic, hes great in ring and hes coming along well on the mic
How is he great in the ring at all? Great in the ring is Undertaker, Benoit, Austin....Sheamus is crap in the ring. He has a couple impressive moves but he has yet to put on a good match. Even Cena couldn't get a good match out of him and he's the same guy that got a good match out of Great fucking Khali.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Someone previously said he has no major weaknesses, which I think is exactly it. He has no weaknesses, but he also does not excel in anything either. I find him incredibly average and I'd rather have seen him in the midcard.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
I don't care about him at all. He's mediocre at everything. Nobody can get a good match out of him and he's not good on the mic. He has a unique look and charisma and he kisses Hunter's ass. That's the only reason he's getting pushed so hard. I still don't buy him as a main eventer and I'm not convinced he will ever become a draw.
Agreed. I couldn't care less about him, and once Barrett wins the title, they need to dump Sheamus on his ass and let him be the top heel, since he's outperforming Sheamus by miles.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts