Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, I'm a Stone Cold fan, but I was wondering if there was anyone who isn't particularly fond of the guy...I've seen people who don't like Rock, HBK, Taker, Hogan, etc., but I don't think I've ever encountered a wrestling fan who wasn't a fan of Austin.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
I wasn't the biggest fan at the time when he was blowing up, but more now as I look back I've become a bigger fan seeing how talented the guy was.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
first time i saw this austin i feel little scary then i became a big fan .. i think you could see him sometime stale or the same thing but you couldn't hate him he is the toughest son of ***** in history

·
WindUp
163 Posts
i was when he was a wrestler, but i dont rate him as an actor.

seriously why do these threads keep coming up? he never gonna come back, unless its for a quick appearance, and maybe a quick beer, same old crap.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm neither a fan nor a hater but I sometimes get the feeling he is slightly over hyped. Don't get me wrong though, the guy was an exceptional talent in the ring and better than most on the mic but it gets played up even higher by the hardcore Austin fans. The one thing that comes to mind in saying this is his Austin 3:16 speech. While being an iconic moment in WWE history I just can't see why it was such a great promo.

I do respect the hell out the guy though, i'll say that much.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I was a big fan of his during his prime. He eventually got to be stale as hell though, especially when he was the Raw "Sheriff". And I can never forgive him for starting the WHAT bullshit that we have to put up with to this very day.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I never cared that much for him. I always liked HBK and Taker better. Of course I appreciate hm more now that he's gone. But no, I would not consider myself a fan now or back when he was active in the ring.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I'm neither a fan nor a hater but I sometimes get the feeling he is slightly over hyped. Don't get me wrong though, the guy was an exceptional talent in the ring and better than most on the mic but it gets played up even higher by the hardcore Austin fans. The one thing that comes to mind in saying this is his Austin 3:16 speech. While being an iconic moment in WWE history I just can't see why it was such a great promo.

I do respect the hell out the guy though, i'll say that much.
Yeah,I don't dislike him but I'm not a big fan either,so,baiscly,this ^^^

·
Registered
510 Posts
I never really got Austin. As a Brit he has a very American gimmick that was a little lost on me. I can see why he was huge in America but he never appealed to me in the way The Rock did.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Didn't we have this thread about a month ago?

I can't imagine why any wrestling fan wouldn't be a fan of Stone Cold at his best, but heck - there's bound to be some. So what?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
he's been awful in every movie he's been in. his performance in The Condemned is exceptionally bad.

oh, we're talking about his wrestling days? ugh, again? yeah, we're all fans, yay! let's move on.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
I have never liked him and probably never will

·
Registered
919 Posts
He was my favorite at the time, looking back now I care that much for his work post Attitude Era (2001).
The heel turn was annoying and even worse was his WHAT!? gimmick, that's the closest thing to me disliking him.

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
Time to get myself hated to the point of death threats and letter bombs...

...I never liked him. looking back, i still don't. I can accept he was talented and entertaining, but his character just tends to piss me off more than anything.

then again this reaction to him was formed from my first exposure to him being him eliminating my favourite superstar from the Royal Rumble and winning. if i hadn't seen that as my very first sight of him, i might think differently

but no, even to this day i can't bring myself to like the guy.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Very that rare people dislike, as well he is a walking shrine on these forums. But I certaintly don't dislike him at all, imo he's (all around) the greatest of all time, perhaps a hair behind naitch.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I was never that fond of Austin tbh.

I think his gimmick got a bit boring. It was the same thing for about 8 years. I loved him vs Bret Hart and the Alliance though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
To be honest, his in-ring skills sucked.
He has the wrestling style of a Great Khali height, 500-pounder.
I can even happily say that most of todays wrestling matches are way better. All Stone Cold did was brawl around the ring.
All of his "great" matches were fully carried by opponent/audience.
He's got some great fueds but his mic skills are average, compared to Triple h, miz ed. nowadays.Always 'What' then 'Austin 3:16' and then drinking some beer. But who cares, hes been succesful but highly overrated by the people here.
Whatever, all those people were 12 when they saw Austin and just like 12-year-olds now love Cena/Rey Mysterio, you all love Austin.

Or shorter, Austin sucked cuz of his poor wrestling skills and average mic skills.
Hornswoggle deserves more credit for all his big achievements in the WWE[/sarcasm]

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Yeah well I guess everyone should see that he was extremely talented, his gimmick was kind of lost on me and that due to his injury the style on main events in the Attitude Era changed to a brawl which I am not fond of. Although he had some great matches. Saying all that I still thought he was great at what he did.

Also, I'm still a believer that he best run was his heel one in 2001. He had killer matches all year in that year, with the stand out being against Kurt Angle at SummerSlam.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts