Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost as if he's in the wrong era. He strikes me as a huge babyface from 1980's WWF. That's a compliment from me actually, he really could have fit. He's so likeable now, and to think I didn't really like him back in late 09. I think he might be a perfect opponent for Undertaker at Wrestlemania 28. Anyone else digging his face turn?

·
Asuka
96,241 Posts
He's definately in the wrong era, but not as a huge babyface from the 1980's. He looks like one of those goofy 90's gimmicks like Doink, Mantaur, Duke the Dumpster, etc. He'd have definately fit there.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Trust me, he is in the right era. His attitude is definitely something that would have fit an era like 2002-2004. Knowing WWE, they probably would have made him, get this, a pale red head Irish dude, some type of joke around that time simply based on how he looks. Sheamus is probably the only person I put over Swagger, the dude is talented and great in all aspects of the game. The crowed loves the guy, so I think his place seems appropriate to me, tbh.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
i would have to agree to a point. i feel that he is amazing, however as to if he belongs to the 10980's WWF, i would have to disagree. he is in the right era, i feel he would be a good opponent for the undertaker. he doesn't necessarily have to turn heel to do that. i mean look at the Batista Vs. Undertaker championship match, Batista wasnt a heel at the time but was definitely wasnt a heel. eventually, he did turn heel but overall i think this would be an amazing match for Sheamus Vs. Undertaker.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nah, he's right where he's needed. We need faces who aren't about hustle, loyalty and respect and being all cheesy.

Cena's reason for supporting HHH: He's his boss and that's what you do, and he respects him and does it for the WWE universe.

Sheamus' reason: Basically because he isn't a pussy who's scared of a beatdown. He beat up HHH with a pipe and got beat up himself, no lawyers or protesting involved, and that's the way it's supposed to be done.

Now that's what I want to hear.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sheamus is one of those guys with the perfect look, and ability.
I've always related Sheamus with Barret and Swagger for some reason... 3 Top guys with great looks as Wrestlers and great Ability

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Trust me, he is in the right era. His attitude is definitely something that would have fit an era like 2002-2004. Knowing WWE, they probably would have made him, get this, a pale red head Irish dude, some type of joke around that time simply based on how he looks. Sheamus is probably the only person I put over Swagger, the dude is talented and great in all aspects of the game. The crowed loves the guy, so I think his place seems appropriate to me, tbh.
Way to blow any potential credibility you could have. Haha, what a joke!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I love Sheamus and I have said before I think he is a perfect opponent for Taker at WM 28, I think he is in the right era too and can see him being a top guy for years to come. He is lovable as a face and is over with the fans but his heel side is awesome too, his aggression and intensity is great.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Sheamus is awesome. Great look, over with the crowd, wrestling skills, mic skills. He's the total package. I'm from Ireland too :p

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
The feeling I get about Sheamus is that his whole debut and early title wins as a heel was to give him instant credibility once he turned face. I believe he was always intended to be a top face, but WWE wanted the fans to get behind him. Had he debuted as a face and got a big push, fans might not have bought into him and boo'd him. Think about it, he was in WWE for a few months and beat John Cena clean(Table match) for the WWE Title. Who else can say that? How many vets let alone rookies can say that? So now it's like a new beginning for him, but he's already a two-time WWE Champion. People can always look back to that now when they see him, and say 'Sheamus came and beat John Cena for the title when he just debuted' and it makes him look more bad ass now. Had that not occured then it would be more of an uphill battle and he'd have alot more to prove......But as it stands he's very credible and is a former two-time champion. I think it's one instance of WWE thinking ahead and really investing in a newcomer.

I know, I know Cool Story Bro lol.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I think Sheamus is in the right era, I don't really see where he'd have fit in during the 80s with this gimmick, I think he is brilliant, he should be built up on one monster of a streak

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I think Sheamus would of fit perfectly in the 80's as a huge heel. Especially in the late 80's-Early 90's. A lot of the heels in the late 80's-Early 90's weren't really that impressive looking. You put Sheamus with Money Inc, and he could of easily rivaled Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Sheamus could've fit into any era IMO.

In the 80's I could see him as a face or heel, much like Hercules. They had larger than life wrestlers at that time and he could have easily rivaled Dino Bravo, Earthquake etc. as well as maineventers like Hogan and Warrior.

The New Generation I see him being more of a gimmicky character......I'm sure they would have played off his pale skin and red hair. I just know it.

The Attitude Era I think he would have thrived in as a bad ass face/heel.

Ruthless Aggression isn't too far off from the era he debuted, so he would have fit perfectly.

Basically he would have been great in every era except The New Generation IMO where I think he would have had a stupid gimmick.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
He has a repetitive moveset which he uses every match. Which is annoying. He is teaming with guys like Orton and Cena and being all friendly which is annoying. I want him heel again tbh.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
He's one of those guys who can fit in just about any era. I'd say the same with guys like Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes. It's to do with his character. He's definitely got an old school vibe about him and he works. He'll be a huge babyface for years to come.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
He's one of those guys who can fit in just about any era. I'd say the same with guys like Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes. It's to do with his character. He's definitely got an old school vibe about him and he works. He'll be a huge babyface for years to come.
this is a good point. he is an overall good wrestler. hes great on the mic and amazing in the ring. he doesnt back down and took Mark Henry on with authority. yes, he lost, but thats not the point! he is an amazing superstar!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts