Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shawn Michaels agreed to retire last year and now Diesel has signed with the WWE to wrestle.

I always thought it would be the other way around.

So, does anyone think Shawn Michaels might be regretting his decision to have retired now?

· Banned
3,179 Posts
What do you mean the other way around? You expected Diesel to retire and Shawn Michaels to sign with WWE or wtf?

To the topic: No. Why would he? HBK had a last run with Nash in the WWE a few years back and I'm sure that's good enough for him.

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What do you mean the other way around? You expected Diesel to retire and Shawn Michaels to sign with WWE or wtf?

To the topic: No. Why would he? HBK had a last run with Nash in the WWE a few years back and I'm sure that's good enough for him.

I mean that Shawn Michaels is still young in comparison. Kevin Nash is older than The Undertaker.

· Every fairytale needs a good ol fashioned Villain
1,519 Posts
i do see hbk coming back at least once to do something with diesel now that kev is back. ill be looking forward to it too!

· Registered
68 Posts
I really don't wanna ruin this thread by continuing this further but..
"an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected." is a valid, albeit less common and more modern meaning of 'irony'. Just because it is not the traditional sense of the word doesn't mean SilverX was entirely incorrect in using it.

· Registered
6,603 Posts
Similar thing happened to me the other had day, I really needed a knife but all I could find were literally 10,000 spoons. My ill-judged cutlery purchases were pretty ironic.

The only reason this is ironic is if you think the only reason for HBK to retire is because he was too old/broken down to physically continue wrestling. One wrestler CHOOSING to retire, while still able to wrestle, before another really isn't irony.

· Registered
9,456 Posts
Similar thing happened to me the other had day, I really needed a knife but all I could find were literally 10,000 spoons. My ill-judged cutlery purchases were pretty ironic.
I was offered a free ride the other day but, as it turned out, I'd already paid. Ironic. Like rain on your wedding day or, just imagine, a no smoking sign on your cigarette break.

Ironic or not, I'd rather that Nash had retired and HBK was still around.

· Registered
5,335 Posts
It's more ironic then it is a coincidence.
No it's not. Even in your "modern" sense it isn't. They're both in an age group where retirement isn't out of the question. Shawn has wrestled infinitely more in a year than Kevin Nash has in the past five years. On top of that, we really have no idea what Kevin Nash will be doing other than that he has signed a legend's contract.

How the fuck is this ironic? Go back to school.

And also read this: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I guess in the sense that Kevin Nash is nearly as broken down as Hogan, and - Here he is.

Kevin Nash hasn't wrestled much in the last 5 years because he tears muscles after performing nearly any physical move.. The Big Boot is pretty much the only move he could do safely that wont land him in the hospital.

Maybe Irony wasn't the correct choice of words, but everyone missed the point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.