Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
Re: Anyone feel like that I quit match between the rock and Foley was hard to watch?

nah, the Rock is just terrible. It was suppose to be 4 chair shots iirc and he got him with way more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Anyone feel like that I quit match between the rock and Foley was hard to watch?

Yeah! Alot of people think it's a great match, but to me it's boring, Foley takes a beating, and The Rock is swimming around in one of Shane McMahon's jump suits, and breathing hard.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts

Nope. I thought it was great. I didn't give a shit about concussions. Wasn't even thinking about them at the time.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts

yup it was hard to watch. imo that match was harder to watch the Mankind vs Taker in a Cell. Mick was defenseless and watching him get chairshot after chairshot was awful to watch. some ppl probably loved it though i guess, it was just hard for me to watch.

·
Registered
303 Posts

the rock went too far, both he and mick foley acknowledged this.

i didnt find the match hard to watch, what i hated was the fact that foley brought his wife and kids ringside to watch the whole thing. the mother freaking out in front of the kids.. fpalm

·
Premium Member
917 Posts

Hard to watch indeed, I forgot the name of the video but I think perhaps it was a Beyond The Mat series..please correct me if I am wrong. Mick Foley goes on to say that Rock went overboard and Foley was attempting to get away from the chair shots but Rock was lost in the zone.

·
Registered
245 Posts

I've always liked the match. It definitely makes the Rock look like a huge tool tho

·
Registered
8,281 Posts

This match is the reason why I don't have complete respect for The Rock, he knew Mick's wife and kids were there but becuase he wanted the match to be memorable so bad he took advantage of Mick and hit him in the head about 30 times, way more times then he was supposed too anyway.

It is a great match no doubt and I know Mick forgave him but it came across as very selfish and immature from Rock.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

After seeing Foley get thrown off and threw a hell in a cell, I became desensitized to Foley's craziness. So no, it's not hard for me to watch.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts

I actually think it was an excellent match one of the better matches of 99'. Sure it wasnt a wrestling clinic but it told a story and that is what is most important.

·
Banned
254 Posts

Reading the "mah gawd theay hurt srsly" comments i can only think of one phrase-the pussification of Amerookah.

·
Registered
517 Posts

I don't feel like it was hard to watch. I actually like that match. And those repeated chair-shots to the head only made it better. If so many of you didn't like the fact that it was so dangerous and extreme you probably should go back to PG-WWE.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts

Reading the "mah gawd theay hurt srsly" comments i can only think of one phrase-the pussification of Amerookah.
For a fake sport, it is pretty brutel. You don't see that stuff anymore.

·
Banned
254 Posts

For a fake sport, it is pretty brutel. You don't see that stuff anymore.
Depends whether you're watching pro-wrestling or just WWE's sports entertainment soap opera drama play or whatever they call it these days.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts

Nah. Foley has been through a HELL of a lot worse than some chairshots to the head lol.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

I enjoy the match even to this day, Foley though he took a beating didn't come out looking weak (Hell I loved the recording they used of his voice to end the match)

Also most of you probably won't agree with me but for me this was the match that cemented Rock as a big time main event player.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts