1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
12,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cult 'Eater of Worlds' Wyatt
Funhouse Wyatt
Fiend Wyatt

Bringing back his original persona as a regular while occasionally using his other 2 even if they are fairly similar as opposed to Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love.

Maybe it will become a thing who knows.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I hope this is a one off, cuz right now, Brays looking dumb as fuck for not using his most powerful personality

·
rasslin
3,062 Posts
All 3 have been buried.

• Bray the cult leader (too many times to count)
  • Fiend (got destroyed by Oldberg)
  • Firehouse Bray (got destroyed by Braun)
Maybe number 4 is the trick.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I'm not going to get into a debate about Bray's talent, but there was more to just talent that made it work for Foley. His ability to play multiple vastly different characters(which Bray currently isn't doing) all of which seemed like honest extensions of Foley himself to varying degrees(both exaggerated and understated. (Another vast difference than what Bray is doing currently.)) which made the fact that he would alternate between them much more palatable and less gimmicky than when Bray alternates between his.(When Foley started alternating between his personas each oersona had a distinct purpose to appear when they did) There is also the incredible amount of sympathy and honest love for Foley(the man and the performer) that made it work as well as it did. Bray hasn't earned that level of reverence and it's more likely than not that he never will. Not to mention the fact that all of his characters' differences are merely skin deep at best, in reality, it's just the clothes that they wear, and not much else separates them in the slightest. There is almost no difference in purpose(seriously none) or performance(very little if any) at all.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Bray isn't playing three different characters when its between Funhouse Bray, regular Bray, and The Fiend; I feel its three different aspects of the same character.

Foley on the other hand was distinctly different when it came to Dude Love, Mankind, and Cactus Jack.

Foley's three depictions of himself don't play into each other in any sort of narrative. They are separate. A match for Cactus wouldn't work for the Dude.

Bray on the other hand has his playing into each other. That I like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts